Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Probably not since this team is trying not to spread what they know.
    It does seem like they're bringing in everyone's background and team though. We've seen Hulkling, the Avengers, and Satanna so far.

Yeah...they're trying not to spread it and failing. Though really it only seems like Hulking and Satanna know of it? I don't think the Avengers have figured it out yet.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Today's issue was amazing and I want Tini to write these characters forever.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Today's issue was amazing and I want Tini to write these characters forever.
    Agreed! I hope this book lasts awhile.

I really really hope so too.

It had a big drop by on sales from issue 2 to 3 but I blame that on the fact that no one posted a preview til Sunday after all the other preview had been posted. Several people told Tini on Twitter they didn't even know issue 3 came out.

Hopefully nthis issue does better.... there's more chatter about it.

Also, I am really happy Tini reminded everyone WHY Jess has a problem with shape shifters. Loved the scene between her and Angela too.

This issue was great for character development a little weak as far as action though. I do wonder why Tini loves this issue so much it was fun by all means but 2 and 3 were perfect for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This issue was great for character development a little weak as far as action though. I do wonder why Tini loves this issue so much it was fun by all means but 2 and 3 were perfect for me anyway.
    I'm in the same camp.
    What does Tini see in this issue specifically that she's so psyched about.
    Not criticizing at all, just curious why this one resonates with her so strongly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm in the same camp.
    What does Tini see in this issue specifically that she's so psyched about.
    Not criticizing at all, just curious why this one resonates with her so strongly.
    I think probably the spider woman scene. Got to write about the complexity of early motherhood...loving and hating your newborn at the same time with that twist of horror.

Also the twist at the end, that no one's stories (apparently not even Blade's) are true. Which makes this all interesting. If Blade's story isn't true (given that it happened before the bridge blew up) how did he know to track them in the first place?

From Tini's Twitter:

"Strikeforce #4 is out tomorrow, and it's a very special issue I'm INCREDIBLY proud of. I've always wanted to write a Villa Diodati-style ghost story challenge, and I got to answer one of my favorite questions:

What scares [character]?"

The next issue focuses on Monica specifically is sounds like.

I love issues that are character beats even if it doesn't move the plot forward. Learning what makes a character tick is one of my favorite things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I think probably the spider woman scene. Got to write about the complexity of early motherhood...loving and hating your newborn at the same time with that twist of horror.

Also the twist at the end, that no one's stories (apparently not even Blade's) are true. Which makes this all interesting. If Blade's story isn't true (given that it happened before the bridge blew up) how did he know to track them in the first place?
    She mentioned establishing what a character fears most is a thrilling concept to her so your probably right on the money.

Blade is probably one of the Viridai, or maybe none of this **** is real and all of them are locked up in an asylum rocking back and forth in the feedle position who knows!?! Angela is the most suspect all this information she has but so few answers...

Side note Tini teased a special Male guest appearance for issue 7 people were guessing on Twitter someone said Wolverine was the closest guess. Who do Y'all think it is?

Someone said Daken in response to that soooo....?

Someone said Daken in response to that soooo....?
    I thought Jimmy but Dakken is so much better!! Really hope Billy doesn't cheat...

Mighty Member

Aw man, Daken would have been really cool for this team also. Fits right in with everyone...maybe a bit more so than bucky.

So I just realized that the flashbacks we see in Issue 4 most likely mean that Blade's flashback in Issue 1 is also false? Or is Angela in the wrong here and the Vridai have been on Earth for longer than she realized?

Issue 5 is out next week - 1/8

I know this has been used as the Strikeforce Appreciation thread, and due to not having Appreciation in the name will probably escape getting locked with the rest of them, but do you think we should have a new thread tomorrow anyway? This thread doesn't even have the book's name in the title, as we didn't know it when the thread was started.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman