BANNED

Default Does Commisioner Gordon Remember His Time As Batman?

We all remember Cms Gordon who took over as Bat-Bunny during Snyder's and Cappullo's final arc on Batman.
    Do you thing that there is a recollection of his time as the Caped Crusader because Tom King seems to be disregarding it despite the fact that his run stars from where Snyder's left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    We all remember Cms Gordon who took over as Bat-Bunny during Snyder's and Cappullo's final arc on Batman.
    Do you thing that there is a recollection of his time as the Caped Crusader because Tom King seems to be disregarding it despite the fact that his run stars from where Snyder's left off.
    Not having read much Tom King / not giving a bat's-ass about what Tom King "thinks", I'm assuming that story is still in continuity until somebody at DC I respect tells us otherwise.

I mean, he probably remembers since it's still in-continuity but aside from "Rookie" popping up in Tynion's 'Tec run no one seems to care to reference it again.

DC hasn't really "cared" about continuity as such for several years now, the current practice seems to be "If a writer feels like referencing something it's in continuity, no retcon or explanation necessary".
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

I'm almost positive it was mentioned in a scene with Jim and Harvey in a recent issue but maybe my mind is making that up

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I'm almost positive it was mentioned in a scene with Jim and Harvey in a recent issue but maybe my mind is making that up
    I recall that too but can’t place it. Maybe it’s a shared hallucination.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest Superheavy is no longer canon. It’s not referenced much because it’s not relevant to anything going on currently. Jim hasn’t referenced his high school graduation in awhile either, but presumably he recalls it.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    . . . I’ve seen nothing to suggest Superheavy is no longer canon. It’s not referenced much because it’s not relevant to anything going on currently. Jim hasn’t referenced his high school graduation in awhile either, but presumably he recalls it.
    We haven't seen any memories of / references to Jim Gordon's childhood under King's run, have we?

Maybe he never had one?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not having read much Tom King / not giving a bat's-ass about what Tom King "thinks", I'm assuming that story is still in continuity until somebody at DC I respect tells us otherwise.
    That's really strong, and sounds like a personal dislike of the guy (rather than just a dislike of his work). Is there any particular reason? I am legit asking, not picking a fight.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    That's really strong, and sounds like a personal dislike of the guy (rather than just a dislike of his work). Is there any particular reason? I am legit asking, not picking a fight.
    It's really quite simple:
    I do not like King' Batman in a house.
    I do not like King' Batman with a computer mouse.
    I do not like King' Batman here or there.
    I do not like King' Batman anywhere.
    I do not like King' Batman.

He has taken a character I use to truly enjoy and ripped him apart, making changes that don't make any sense whatsoever and turning a strong character into an embarrassing broken mess. I would be much happier if he never wrote another DC comic book ever again.

Other than that, I don't have any real "dislike" of him. I just can't stand his "writing".

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

He has taken a character I use to truly enjoy and ripped him apart, making changes that don't make any sense whatsoever and turning a strong character into an embarrassing broken mess. I would be much happier if he never wrote another DC comic book ever again.

Other than that, I don't have any real "dislike" of him. I just can't stand his "writing".
    Fair enough. I understand the sentiment, as I feel exactly the same about Grant Morrison's run for all the same reasons.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

What changes don't make sense to you? And also what's embararssing about it?

Maybe.. But I think that he is more happy with his usual work.