Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm just grateful that Kon's family didn't get killed off for shock value.

Fantastic Member

Greatly enjoyed seeing the team fully back together.

Also, loved that Conner did the same thing TIm did. "-A- Superboy" "-A- Robin"

I think they both get name changes. Tim is confirmed to be changin. So let's see what happens with Kon.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Same, I popped in and out of this arc (I've never really been particularly sold on Young Justice comics) but when I did pop in Teen Lantern never really did anything that struck me as to why she needed to be there at all. Which is a bummer because I was most interested in seeing what she's about. However, I did dig her justification for going to Metropolis, I thought it was funny. "I hacked a Green Lantern power battery, lemme see if I can get an internship off that." I love it because it's totally what I'd do in that situation!
    It was actually pretty much Tim Drake's origin. "Hey, I figured this out! Lemme into the club!"
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Bart wasnt affected because he was in the SPEEDFORCE!!! Its completely like WALLY, the two simply remind because they landed in the Speedforce at the END OF PRE-FLASHPOINT...
    Wally West was killed by Citizen Cold in the Flashpoint timeline.

The Wally West of the post-Flashpoint timeline was trapped in the Speed Force by Abra Kadabra, during his time as Kid Flash. It was being trapped there that made him aware of his previous life.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Bart wasnt affected because he was in the SPEEDFORCE!!! Its completely like WALLY, the two simply remind because they landed in the Speedforce at the END OF PRE-FLASHPOINT...
    I hate to be the "actually" guy, but actually, Bart's situation is not really like Wally's. Bart is completely immune to changes in the timeline and exists in one constant form (You may call him an anomaly if you want to). This was shown is his title, a Young Justice arc which the name I forget and his own Flashpoint mini.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It was actually pretty much Tim Drake's origin. "Hey, I figured this out! Lemme into the club!"
    Um, with a little shake of "Batman's gone full psycho, he needs a Robin thrown in."
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Um, with a little shake of "Batman's gone full psycho, he needs a Robin thrown in."
    He also tried to get Dick to return to the position first...

The general gist is similar, but these differences are key elements of Tim's character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Wally West was killed by Citizen Cold in the Flashpoint timeline.

The Wally West of the post-Flashpoint timeline was trapped in the Speed Force by Abra Kadabra, during his time as Kid Flash. It was being trapped there that made him aware of his previous life.
    And what happened to Pre-Flashpoint Wally?

I always understood that BEFORE Flashpoint happened he was put in the Speed Force by Abra Kadabra..But this means that Pre-Flashpoint Wally still exists or?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    So now that the Gem World arc is over, I can say with 100% certainty that I wish this series was just the original 4 YJ members. Jinny and Teen Lantern bring zero to the table so far and Amethyst...I'm just not feeling her.

Of course this is subject to change but these are just my first impressions so far. Conner, Cassie, Bart, and Tim are in top form. But the three tagalongs I can do without.
    I have to STRONGLY disagree...

I wasnt a big fan of them, BUT!!!! suddenly Teen Lantern and Hex became two of my new favorites..

In Fact I HATED EVERY LANTERN before, but she is the first one who I really really LOVE...She is cool,funny, has the best Line in the Comic so far...

I dont like that Hex is not powerful, but speaking only about the character, she is really cool..

I'd say Jinny was used better than Teen Lantern. Bendis waited too long to give her any focus and she felt like background fodder.

She should have joined next arc.

Always Rakzo

Thought this arc had its ups and downs. It started EXTREMELY slow, had a decent middle point and an acceptable enough conclusion.

It seems like Bendis is doing plot-points just to create cheap shock value. "Oh, Conner has a family!", "Oh no, is only a mother and child he tried to protect" and really, what other reason there is than to create a quick surprise from readers? Is pretty useless in the grand scheme of things and a bit manipulative.

Then again, he seems to have a good handle at most of the team's voices, particularly Bart's which is not much of a surprise considering Bendis' style (and that he also pretty much wrote Barry as Bart which is just wrong) and the interaction between the characters was decently executed when it didn't dwell in worthless nostalgia ("Young Justice is back!" is still pretty cringey).

This run can be decompressed, cheap and sometimes wrong but at the same time, has fun moments. Not bad, but not particularly great overall.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd say Jinny was used better than Teen Lantern. Bendis waited too long to give her any focus and she felt like background fodder.

She should have joined next arc.
    Dont understand it....

What did Hex do????????

Teen Lantern was always seen constructing things, she build the pillows, this airplane etc. etc.
    AND in the Fight against Opal she also hold him with the green ropes...
    And she had the coolest line in the Arc...

I would more say that Hex should have waited, she was there and drove the Truck NOT more...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The actual plot wasn't all that wonderful and it was stretched out for too long BUT I actually don't have too much of a problem with this as the book has so far mainly been about introducing and reintroducing these characters. With a full six issues where the plot didn't matter much and there wasn't a fortune of action, Bendis had the space to delve into these fantastic characters, which is actually what he does best anyway. Plus, he really does get characters like Bart and Kon-El in ways that no one has since the end of Young Justice. Fun, colourful art too.

I would like more one or two issue stories going forward but I don't have much to complain about here. I've loved what Bendis has done at DC (bar ageing up Jon) and YJ is no exception.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fantastic Member

I think this first arc was less about the plot and more about fixing Kon/Tim/Bart/Cass. Those characters have been struggling from a narrative perspective so it’s nice to see someone really establishing themwell.

Don't forget, Superman Reborn also erased the first of the two New 52 Teen Titans series (the second one is still in continuity) because now the New 52 Kon and Bart don't exist (the current ones are 100% pre-Flashpoint and unaffected by the reboot). That means most of Cassie's New 52 adventures are eliminated too. Not only that, Wonder Woman's New 52 adventures, in her solo books anyway, turned out to be false memories. Everything involving her home is fake. That would logically affect Cassie as well. I bet she has contradictory memories. She's really the pre-Flashpoint character, hence why she remembers the original Young Justice, but she remembers New 52 stuff that's no longer canon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman