Spiderman2099cartoon

Question Was there ever a Spider Man 2099 cartoon?

I vividly remember watching a Spiderman 2099 show when I was younger, it was on later at night on Jetix, I know there were other Spiderman shows but I cant find anything from them that has a 2099 part, maybe it was a movie or something else. I remember the art style being most similar to Spiderman: The animated series, if anyone knows anything or remembers as well please share

Spider-Man: Unlimited was a show where Peter goes to Counter-Earth from the old Adam Warlock stories. Which is actually a much more clever concept for a series than it might seem, because there are so many animal themes in Spider-Man that a lot of the villains could be reworked into members of the High Evolutionary's New-Men. In it, the suit he wore is pretty 2099-esque.
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 06-06-2019 at 03:09 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I haven't seen this in an actual decade at least, but this intro is actually pretty tight. The Spectacular Spider-Synth!

Man, Jetix was so cool.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I loved Spider-Man: Unlimited as a kid. In no way does it hold up, but it is indeed very similar to Spider-Man 2099 in terms of aesthetic.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I think Unlimited was originally proposed as a 2099 cartoon after they decided against doing a straight-up Lee/Ditko adaption cartoon, but then went with the whole Counter-Earth thing.

It's probably why Peter had Miguel's web-cape and other similar features to the 2099 suit.

(I'm really glad Rino Romano got to at least have the PS1 games on his resume).

Yeah - apparently they changed it because of Batman of the Future/Batman Beyond.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - apparently they changed it because of Batman of the Future/Batman Beyond.
    And Terry McGinnis is basically Batman as Spider-Man .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Terry McGinnis is basically Batman as Spider-Man .
    Which is why it's one of my great disappointments in superhero fandom that Will Friedle never voiced Spider-Man (unless that Pirate Spider-Man from Ultimate Spider-Man's Return to the Spider-Verse counts).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All this talk about Unlimited and Batman Beyond reminds me that I think Rino Romano is the only VA who's ever voiced both Batman and Spider-Man in major roles.

BANNED

One of the most horrible animated depictions of the wall crawler.