Incredible Member

Default SHAZAM! #6 - Spoiler?

We're finally moving forward in the story line, featuring Billy and the kids in the so-called "Seven Magic Lands".

spoilers:
    * Billy and Mary break out of "The Funlands", only to wind up back on Earth, where they meet Billy's father!
    * Meanwhile, Pedro and Eugene, having difficulties with their situation in "The Gamelands", runs into the Wizard that gave Billy his powers.
    * While all that is going on, Black Adam is battling Dr. Sivana, who is being guided by Mister Mind.
    * Back at the Funlands, King Kid prepares for war against the Shazam Family!
    * As Billy contemplates his next move, where his father is concerned, Mary decides to reveal an important secret to her foster parents, setting up a possible conflict among the family.
    end of spoilers

I'm glad that the pace is picking up on the story, but I really would have more content, per issue, for what is presently being paid for. And while the art is all over the place, the art is pretty good. Should be consistent, though. Disappointed about the reveal of Billy's father. Hopefully, it will pay off somehow. Grade:B, due to sentimentality.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

His fathers up to something. I can feel it.
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

I don't really think we need spoiler tags in a thread with spoiler in the title.

Anyway, Mary's actions make me wonder... will she even bother with a secret identity now? If the whole family eschews it, it would remove the requirement for codenames.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Father's story sounds too perfect and nice. I'll be surprised if it doesn't end up being a lie.

Always Rakzo

They did a nice twist from the similar approach the movie had.

If I had a complaint though, is that I don't like this magic-oriented Sivana. The whole appeal of the character is that he was a mad scientist to contrast with the more innocent and magical Marvel family.

Yeah, thats a good point. I hope that this will eventually lead to a fallout between him and Mr. Mind so he ends up hating magic or something like that.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Isn't the sequel to the movie going to go down this route as well?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014