Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Both. There's plenty of X characters to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    A Disney+ show is better for character development, but there's just no way Disney won't want to make hundreds of millions(maybe even a billion?) with a movie. And then the sequels. X-Men is just too profitable of a franchise to not make it a huge blockbuster thing. And honestly? I think the franchise deserves the hype. All the promotion, merchandise and etc that comes with a movie.

Now, when it comes to Disney shows, they could just do the same thing they're doing with the current ones for Avengers characters, which is to flesh out characters that don't have their own solo movies(which is likely everyone besides Wolverine but anyway lol).
    I agree. A TV show has a lot more to work with in terms of character development. The first season of Daredevil is proof of that. And that same approach could work wonders with certain characters and teams, like a Multiple Man led X-Factor.

And I don't doubt for a second that Disney wants to make billions off this franchise. However, it may not be possible to do that with movies beyond a certain point. The media industry is changing. I see it every time I go to a movie theater. Even in big event movies like Avengers, there's not some big crowd or lines around the block. That's just not how people consume media anymore. People prefer streaming things from their homes. We may never see another movie with the same draw as Avatar or Titanic ever again. I can totally see Disney skipping movie theaters in some instances and putting things right on their streaming service, especially in territories where people don't go to the movies that much anymore.

Now, there will always be a place for movies and movie theaters, but I suspect that it's just not going to be as profitable anymore, especially if the quality of TV show production keeps improving. I still want to see an X-Men movie in 3D-IMAX, but it just might not be worthwhile for much longer.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Disney+ series for stuff like Wolverine, something close to Carey's Legay, X-Force and X-Factor. Movies for the bigger storylines.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Both. There's plenty of X characters to go around.
    Yes, both. Marvel/Disney is going to want the billions that come with X-movies on the big screen, but *I* like the deeper character development and (fingers crossed) use of characters not named Charles, Erik. Logan and Raven that would come with a series. If past is precedent, in a cartoon series, we could see an amazing Rogue, for instance, all dynamic flying badass that she is, or a Storm that isn't Halle Berry sleepwalking through the role, or maybe even a Cyclops that has a speaking line or some smidgen of plot crumbs thrown his way.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree. A TV show has a lot more to work with in terms of character development. The first season of Daredevil is proof of that. And that same approach could work wonders with certain characters and teams, like a Multiple Man led X-Factor.

And I don't doubt for a second that Disney wants to make billions off this franchise. However, it may not be possible to do that with movies beyond a certain point. The media industry is changing. I see it every time I go to a movie theater. Even in big event movies like Avengers, there's not some big crowd or lines around the block. That's just not how people consume media anymore. People prefer streaming things from their homes. We may never see another movie with the same draw as Avatar or Titanic ever again. I can totally see Disney skipping movie theaters in some instances and putting things right on their streaming service, especially in territories where people don't go to the movies that much anymore.

Now, there will always be a place for movies and movie theaters, but I suspect that it's just not going to be as profitable anymore, especially if the quality of TV show production keeps improving. I still want to see an X-Men movie in 3D-IMAX, but it just might not be worthwhile for much longer.
    What do you mean? Endgame surpassed Titanic and almost Avatar too. In the top 10 movies that made more box office, half of them or so are MCU. The industry may be changing, but it's not that fast of a process, the MCU likely won't anytime soon, as it's the one franchise/studio making the most in the current situation. Unless cinema is REALLY dead, Marvel Studios is gonna keep going as it is.

And the Disney+ shows seem like the perfect way of getting character development AND still profitting with movies. You can put, say, Rogue and Gambit as part of an ensemble cast on a X-Men team movie while also having a Rogue & Gambit show on Disney+ to flesh them out more, like with Wanda and Vision. That's what I meant in my comment.

Movie. TV can be great, but I believe it has a hard time doing epic scale. Things like Game of Thrones are anomaly, I don't think even Disney will be willing to give an X-Men series that much budget.

But if it's a TV show, no more than eight episodes per season.