Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saitama Joins... EVERTHING

Saitama gets teleported to different universes joining teams in their efforts to preserve humanity and/or their homeworld. How does he do? What obstacles would he face?

1) The Avengers /Marvel-616

2) The Justice League /DC Nu-52

3) The Z-Fighters/ Dragonball Super

4) Hideout Raid Team/ My Hero Acadamia

5) ANBU Black Ops/ Boruto

Not necessarily him vs. everyone but how will he do with this motive?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The issue with Saitama is that he needs to wind up being convinced to even show up. OTOH, if he was on Marvel Earth for more than a short time, SHIELD or whomever would know who he is and know to ply him with food.

If we handwave the "probably won't actually be there when the **** comes down unless it shakes his house" thing, he's easily powerful enough to one-shot anyone in the MCU or the DCEU, and fast enough to do it with impunity. Steppenwolf shows, Saitama, if he's engaged, simply one-shots the guy to paste and body parts. Thanos shows to get the mind stone, Saitama punches him into the sun.

DBS is harder, Saitama doesn't have the power output feats to play at their level, though he might have the speed, being significantly faster than guys who "move faster than light" in narration at least - Flashy Flash and the two ninja monsters he fought were talking about this, Saitama was joke level faster then the two of them, but that's narration and dialogue, so... He's even stupider than Goku though, and that's never good.

No idea for the others.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

"THAT MAN IS PLAYING GALAGA!"
    -- Tony Stark

"Oh? *points at self* Me?"
    -- Saitama

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The issue with Saitama is that he needs to wind up being convinced to even show up. OTOH, if he was on Marvel Earth for more than a short time, SHIELD or whomever would know who he is and know to ply him with food.

If we handwave the "probably won't actually be there when the **** comes down unless it shakes his house" thing, he's easily powerful enough to one-shot anyone in the MCU or the DCEU, and fast enough to do it with impunity. Steppenwolf shows, Saitama, if he's engaged, simply one-shots the guy to paste and body parts. Thanos shows to get the mind stone, Saitama punches him into the sun.

DBS is harder, Saitama doesn't have the power output feats to play at their level, though he might have the speed, being significantly faster than guys who "move faster than light" in narration at least - Flashy Flash and the two ninja monsters he fought were talking about this, Saitama was joke level faster then the two of them, but that's narration and dialogue, so... He's even stupider than Goku though, and that's never good.

No idea for the others.
    It's comics JL and Avengers in the OP
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    4) Hideout Raid Team/ My Hero Acadamia
    If they can actually get him to show up to participate, then Saitama curbstomps the entire League of Villains singlehandedly from All For One down and is bored the entire time.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Just read the most recent OPM. So awesome, Saitama's chat with Orochi. Followed by seeing Orochi's shattered and decapitated head falling to the ground, with his last words "what was that???" Saitama: "Normal punch."
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Saitama actually seems to go out of his way to fight monsters and other baddies, he doesn't need convincing. He wants to be a hero.

He's just not very enthusiastic about doing it anymore, but that doesn't stop him from going on patrols, showing up to fights, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Saitama actually seems to go out of his way to fight monsters and other baddies, he doesn't need convincing. He wants to be a hero.

He's just not very enthusiastic about doing it anymore, but that doesn't stop him from going on patrols, showing up to fights, and so on.
    It's more like he's long lost the ability to discern what's a serious or a minor threat, because to him they're all the same. Hence why he just appears at the last moment, whatever the opponent so far, it's like a 911 responder being called to smack an ant.

I like that analogy, though to be fair, the times he does show up are when he's sorely needed.

They've really been addressing that: he wants to, but because he's unknown, nobody in the HA seriously calls him. A few people know now that he's by far the strongest of everyone, but it's a tiny tiny minority. On top of that, he mainly wanted to be a hero to test himself and get stronger. But everything loses in one punch, so he's depressed and scared that nothing will ever be worth it.

Just look at the MA stuff: rather then hunt monsters, he entered a martial arts tournament. Even though he probably killed 75% of the monsters that were killed in the lead up to the invasion of the MA hideout, that was all an accident: he lives in the ghost town part of city Z, that's the monster HQ is, he basically happened to wonder through groups of monsters and he slaughtered all of them, then made Genos incinerate the bodies. He went into the MA HQ because they were making too much noise, and he wanted it to stop. The two dragon-level ninja monsters who are faster than Flashy Flash tried to blitz him, he casually dodged them, then just let them leave. Honestly, if Orochi hadn't tried to attack Saitama, Saitama probably would have let him be. He's accidentally KO'd Garou three separate times now and just keeps letting him go.

To be fair to him, all of these were cases where he never saw the "enemy" cause harm or threaten to cause harm to anyone. Randomly running around punching people who haven't actually done anything (to his knowledge) isn't his MO. Especially since he's aware of how badly he outclasses everyone and always has to pull his punches.

When someone's actually in danger, someone's seriously considering picking a fight with him, or he's explicitly told that someone is a bad guy, he reacts as you would expect.

I agree he definitely ends up killing the most powerful opponents entirely by accident though.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I can see him and Gohan having a chat about being a hero as a hobby while playing with Pan, or something.

Just read the most recent OPM. So awesome, Saitama's chat with Orochi. Followed by seeing Orochi's shattered and decapitated head falling to the ground, with his last words "what was that???" Saitama: "Normal punch."

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The thing is he probably* won't be the strongest thing in his world anymore for the first 3 at least. So he might have his passion reignited. Hopefully that leads to him being more efficient and causing less collateral damage, because that would be his biggest issue in Marvel and DC.

*I say probably because of the usual issue of us having never seen his top end.

He also lacks proven defenses against esoteric attacks. Most other class 100s have at least a degree of resistance. He just has the will power to do lot a of push ups and get beat up by monsters for a couple years.
    Yeah it is good stuff. The original web comic just started updating again too!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Well, the web comic version does show he had a significant resistance to psychic attacks, but I'm not sure that it's in a way that would necessarily transfer over to other universes interpretations of psychic attacks.