Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oh, somehow it is still very real, despite Spencer being the most transparently politically liberal major comics writer.
    All because he wrote HydraCap which I guess automatically mean's he prefers fascist Cap (which just proves they all didn't bother to actually read it...)

It is still so hilarious to me in hindsight how much crap Spencer got during that period, both for what he said online and his books by two completely opposite groups of the people, and the thing that made everyone come together to forgive him, was putting Peter and MJ back together lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    All because he wrote HydraCap which I guess automatically mean's he prefers fascist Cap (which just proves they all didn't bother to actually read it...)

It is still so hilarious to me in hindsight how much crap Spencer got during that period, both for what he said online and his books by two completely opposite groups of the people, and the thing that made everyone come together to forgive him, was putting Peter and MJ back together lol
    Most of the stuff he's done on the book so far have been addressing or getting to stuff fans have wanted addressed (Peter and MJ's relationship, Black Cat's character derailment and not knowing who Peter is, Kraven's death being undone).

It's an interesting contrast with his Cap runs and even Slott's run.

I am probably one of the few people who liked Secret Empire besides the MCU Captain America doesn’t get my attention in comics. So when it was going on I was invested but I totally knew he was going to be back to normal at the end just like how Peter comes back in Superior. I think it was blown out of proportion by fans but then again how many people actually had a problem instead of it being the loud ones being heard the most?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Angry

All because he wrote HydraCap which I guess automatically mean's he prefers fascist Cap (which just proves they all didn't bother to actually read it...)...
    Really, talk about stupidity on full display.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most of the stuff he's done on the book so far have been addressing or getting to stuff fans have wanted addressed (Peter and MJ's relationship, Black Cat's character derailment and not knowing who Peter is, Kraven's death being undone).

It's an interesting contrast with his Cap runs and even Slott's run.
    I'm moreso referring to the reception after the immediate release of Issue 1. Of course now he's continued to do things in the book that people have been really enjoying, but even just that one change swung people off the Spencer hate train so fast it was kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I am probably one of the few people who liked Secret Empire besides the MCU Captain America doesn’t get my attention in comics. So when it was going on I was invested but I totally knew he was going to be back to normal at the end just like how Peter comes back in Superior. I think it was blown out of proportion by fans but then again how many people actually had a problem instead of it being the loud ones being heard the most?
    I think the issue is that the problem got blown SO out of proportion that everyone heard about it beyond the ones who actually read it and took things at face value. And so they end up completely missing the point about what works so well at the book, that Hydra Cap really is his own character and person, with his own unique backstory that is explained through the course of the run. It's effectively a really elaborate villain origin story and done really well, and I'm glad someone like Coates recognized that and is keeping him as Cap's main nemesis.

I'm moreso referring to the reception after the immediate release of Issue 1. Of course now he's continued to do things in the book that people have been really enjoying, but even just that one change swung people off the Spencer hate train so fast it was kind of funny.
    It just goes to show you how many people love Peter/MJ .

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Really, talk about stupidity on full display.
    from what i understand, some of the negativity was from non comic book readers who were baited by their own clicks
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Possible misdirection though.
    it has precedent right? i’m sure there’s been plenty of reveals of “he” characters as “she”...though less the other way round
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    “Kindred” is the clone that Peter (thought he) killed way back in the OG clone conspiracy.
    Which clone are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Which clone are you talking about?
    the one that was ben reilly (but wasn’t)

the one found in the smokestack (but wasn’t)

the one that-
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post

the one that-

That’s Kaine, right?

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post

the one that-
    What? Spider Skull?

Astonishing Member

I'm at a loss as to who it could be. Is Spencer going to try and redeem Spidercide as a character? It seems close enough to Peter that it has to be some evil kind of clone. Thankfully Ben is good again.

Honestly, every other non-clone character I pick just doesn't fit. But at the same time, the evil clone thing was already done very recently (and not very well, at that).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    My 'it's some kinda take on Baby May' theory gains additional fuel.
    Sorry, but that would be the worst twist in the world. Even worse than making it Uncle Ben.

BANNED

frankly it could turn out to be piss poor and shitting over spidey mythos if he does portray Ben or may as the character but then given his controversial hydra cap arc he doesn't feel any essential aspect of the particular mythos is sacred so it may turn out to be another poor piece of writing from him but let's hope he has learnt his lesson and treads more carefully now in creating controversial arcs or he may end up being thrown out from the office.