Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It is not a clone, because we've gotten tons of clone stories recently and Jackal is in Marvel-Team Up of all things. We are on a break from clones.

His origin is likely not OMD related, because Mary Jane was an eleventh hour addition. While she can change the outline, she can't change the origin of the big bad or any other key ideas which already have already been thought of, something you can see in the run so far.

It's a new thing, and if it's tied to continuity it'll probably be related to something fundamental from the 60's, which has Spencer's two favorite runs.

And while is very bold, if he does something Hydra Cap-level to the origin, he's not going to break Spider-Man or Uncle Ben or whatever. He'll just add things and leave the original material untouched, like he did for Hydra Cap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone else that Peter knew a long time ago and it's not a clone at all nor family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It is not a clone, because we've gotten tons of clone stories recently and Jackal is in Marvel-Team Up of all things. We are on a break from clones.
    That’s your opinion. Not an edict from the spider-office.

His origin is likely not OMD related, because Mary Jane was an eleventh hour addition. While she can change the outline, she can't change the origin of the big bad or any other key ideas which already have already been thought of, something you can see in the run so far.
    Again, that’s your opinion. Writers have changed course midstream before. Some say Spencer did that himself after the negative backlash to Hydra Cap. And we were just discussing the clone saga, which was famous for that.

Amazing Member

I'm going to repost my guess at Kindred's identity from a previous thread:
    I was thinking this new bad guy was Flash Thompson and the real story is what happened to him to make him this new creature. No real reason why I think this other than noticing that a lot of Spencer's run has been about reestablishing classic Spider-Man elements or flat out undoing previous characterizations: Mary Jane's back in a prominent role, Black Cat's knows who Peter is, Jonah possibly back as a newpaper man, this new Kraven status quo; but on the way out Slott had Flash killed and maybe Spencer wants to undo that too.
    In addition, this guy has been shown referring to Spider-man as "Spidey" which is rare and a bit too familiar for Spider-man villains and he was really upset when Peter revealed his identity to Black Cat again which would fit with Flash since he didn't find out until near the end of his life when practically everyone around him knew for years.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    I'm going to repost my guess at Kindred's identity from a previous thread:
    I was thinking this new bad guy was Flash Thompson and the real story is what happened to him to make him this new creature. No real reason why I think this other than noticing that a lot of Spencer's run has been about reestablishing classic Spider-Man elements or flat out undoing previous characterizations: Mary Jane's back in a prominent role, Black Cat's knows who Peter is, Jonah possibly back as a newpaper man, this new Kraven status quo; but on the way out Slott had Flash killed and maybe Spencer wants to undo that too.
    In addition, this guy has been shown referring to Spider-man as "Spidey" which is rare and a bit too familiar for Spider-man villains and he was really upset when Peter revealed his identity to Black Cat again which would fit with Flash since he didn't find out until near the end of his life when practically everyone around him knew for years.
    Hmmm , maybe. But Flash's consciousness was alive within the Venom symbiote in Cates' Venom book. Eddie let Flash 'take over' for a bit during a fight. I don't read Venom, so I don't know what happened after that, but Flash seemed like he was fine. Not to mention his death wasn't like Jono's from the X-Men, cursing and blaming Spider-Man like Jono did to Cyclops.

But who knows? Could be Flash corrupted or something.

Spencer didn't change anything about his Cap run, the outline went as planned. That's a fact because he said so.

It is extremely unlikely that he would do more clone things when the clone characters are available for random books and it is common practice to not do more of what your predecessor was doing when you take over a title.

Nick said that there were no plans to bring Flash back at a convention, ASM is his dream book so major ideas for it have existed for years (like Hunted) before he even knew Flash would die, and Flash died saying Peter was his dear friend. Also, Kindred is old. He bosses around Kingpin.

The codexes from Venom just mean the symbiote was able to mimic Flash's consciousness for two seconds, it wasn't actually him. He's dead and Cates just wanted to pay homage.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

I think you’re a little too sure of your opinions. We will see who was correct in a couple short months, so it doesn’t matter much anyway.

The fact I’ve yet to see one good or convincing guess at the identity of the suspect from you or anyone else, means it could be just about anyone. I just hope the eventual reveal makes sense and doesn’t make my head hurt.

I think people keep forgetting the most major clue of all this, from literally the first issue, that he was the one who brought Mysterio back to life. So if it is a dead character, it has to be someone who died sometime pre-Civil War, while also thinking of someone who could reasonably rise up in the ranks to be this all-powerful "deal-making demon".

That's why someone like Flash wouldn't work. Spidercide, on the other hand, I think is a pretty likely candidate. I don't think it'll be Uncle Ben, just because that may be going way too far. And it wouldn't really be a Hydra Cap situation, since that was never the actual Cap, he could make it an Alternate Universe Uncle Ben, but that would seem too out of left field for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The thing is, we aren't sure exactly how last minute the MJ addition was, since he had that over 9 month period developing the book after Secret Empire's conclusion, and considering how its been integrated, doesn't seem like this was something he just plopped in at that last minute. That would've required a heavy rewrite of issue 1 alone.

And based on everything we've seen of Kindred so far in the issues, it feels pretty clear to me that he is directly connected to Peter and MJ in some way, especially after Hunted. Probably not exactly OMD related, like him being some entity created out of the deal wouldn't make sense since he existed prior to the deal, but I think its more likely than not OMD adjacent. Literally got a "deal making demon" over here.

I think it's the baby he sold to Mephisto during one more day and I won't here anything against it.

Spectacular Member

Kindred’s identity comes from the clone saga. Spencer’s run has been been using clone saga characters and concepts from the beginning of his run. Either by cameo, trainer lady octopus, or using villains from the clone saga again after so many years( sentinel guy from his first story arc) , or referencing clone conspiracy with the connors, or cloning Kraven. Also it’s suspicious that Ben or Kaine haven’t shown up in any recent spider books since spidergeddon. Ben was supposed to appear in absolute carnage but his appearance hasn’t been hinted lately on that title.
    That might mean that Peter’s “brothers” have fallen victim to Kindred already.

Went backissue shopping. Who did the skeleton wearing a spidey costume belong to? Ben was holding on to it.

Spidercide is the dumbest guess to-date imo

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Went backissue shopping. Who did the skeleton wearing a spidey costume belong to? Ben was holding on to it.
    from memory, it went nowhere. just a clone (of ben if pym’s test is accurate) that was later explained as a red herring for the sake of being a red herring
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Spidercide is the dumbest guess to-date imo
    Dumber than Baby May, Gwen and Uncle Ben? Lol whatever you say, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Dumber than Baby May, Gwen and Uncle Ben? Lol whatever you say, dude.
    It's all dumb, in my opinion. My guess is letting Spencer tell his story and we can stop pretending that we know more than he does.