Thread: Saga

Default Saga

So it's been confirmed Saga will end at 108. What do you guys think about this?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So it's been confirmed Saga will end at 108. What do you guys think about this?
    Will anyone still be alive by then? I love Saga and I can see it going for 100+ issues (though 108 is a weird number) but Vaughan is just a bit too trigger happy for me when it comes to killing off major and beloved characters in the series. It keeps the book surprising, yes, but it's becoming harder and harder to find characters to truly invest in when those you do get attached to get knocked off with such abandon.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Every good story must come to an end. Its better than seeing your beloved Marvel or DC characters screwed over and over because the company must keep the property alive.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm certainly content with a definitive end, not everything has to last forever. It's also indicative of there being an end goal in mind, which is always nice to have. Plenty of long running independent creators have an "end" in mind, but without knowing the general issue it generally means they'll keep it going forever if they can.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Actually feels very early for an end, despite being 100+ issues. Unless we really speed up Hazels’ life, she’s not even a teenager yet.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm actually okies with this. I like when stories do come to a definitive end, even the good ones.

Mighty Member

I think 108 issues is good enough.