BANNED

Default Who can permanently kill Resurrection Dog?

One day while walking through Khazan, you come across a tired-looking dog. He keeps looking at you as if he wants something. Being the kind soul that you are, you take him to an animal communicator's place where she acts as a medium.

Apparently this dog's name was Bailey...and all he wants is eternal peace. Why?

Because he won't stop reincarnating. That's right. This is Resurrection Dog, the Dog who simply won't stay dead. And he's asking for your help, so that this life will be his last(on Earth, anyway...)

Good news however, because you're in Khazan. And Baliey's got a fresh no-time-limits pass so that you can stay as long as you need to. SO! You pledge your help, and the two of you set off to find someone, or some people, who can end his eternal cycle of death!

The only question is...who.

Who can permanently kill Bailey, the Resurrection Dog?

Well the ending implies that it is God who is resurrecting him, so it depends on how powerful that universe's version of God is. You're really fighting God here, not the poor cosmic chewtoy puppy. Unfortunately, the God of that universe really doesn't have any feats other than rezzing Bailey and creating Heaven. Sooooo....anyone powerful enough to beat a being who can rez dogs and create Heaven, I guess?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Well the ending implies that it is God who is resurrecting him, so it depends on how powerful that universe's version of God is. You're really fighting God here, not the poor cosmic chewtoy puppy. Unfortunately, the God of that universe really doesn't have any feats other than rezzing Bailey and creating Heaven. Sooooo....anyone powerful enough to beat a being who can rez dogs and create Heaven, I guess?
    I just had this idea of teaching Baliey the Giga Slave(wrongly...) plugging a Giga Drill into his chest, and getting him to cast the spell before I give the core a MANLY twist to the right, right before he finishes.

I would ask a Q, but that might very well end with me being the one who has to endlessly reincarnate... into non-human forms.

What exactly does Bailey mean by "eternal peace?"

Does he wish to cease existing completely? If so, there are a number of items and people capable of soul-killing him. Feed him to Stormbringer, for example.

Or does he just want to be able to relax and enjoy the afterlife? In that case, take him to the All Dogs Go To Heaven Universe and kill him there. He'll go to Heaven and the God of his native universe will be out of luck due to not having an extradition treaty with the God of the ADGTH Universe.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    What exactly does Bailey mean by "eternal peace?"

Does he wish to cease existing completely? If so, there are a number of items and people capable of soul-killing him. Feed him to Stormbringer, for example.

Or does he just want to be able to relax and enjoy the afterlife? In that case, take him to the All Dogs Go To Heaven Universe and kill him there. He'll go to Heaven and the God of his native universe will be out of luck due to not having an extradition treaty with the God of the ADGTH Universe.
    Well I think he should want to enjoy the afterlife, considering how he's worked continuously lifetime after lifetime. Hell even Asura had a few thousand years of rest at a time between reincarnations, Bailey got none.

So let's see who/what can give him a nice retirement plan, eh? No soul-killing or soul-destruction.
    Last edited by T51R; 06-07-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Another option is having the Soul Gem absorb him so he can spend eternity in Soul World, which is an idyllic place.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    You pledge your help, and the two of you set off to find someone, or some people, who can end his eternal cycle of death!

The only question is...who.

Who can permanently kill Bailey, the Resurrection Dog?
    I believe this is a task for these two....

Last edited by Güicho; 06-07-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Considering that spoilers:
    his reincarnation cycle ends after his original owner dies and enters Heaven with him
    end of spoilers, I suppose killing whomever owns him and ensuring that he dies as a stray is the best means to "save" him.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

His first life was as a stray. He got an owner on his second life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *SPOILERS*
    Problem is that we don't know if he'll be back again or not. At least, not yet. After all, Ethan now has a granddaughter. So if the cycle continues, Bailey will have to go back to work...again. Seriously, this dog needs to join a union.

...or learn how to mis-cast the Giga Slave.

"I'm overworked, UNpaid, and I've had enough of this cycle of suffering! Tell you what, this time? You're ALL coming with me...

Thou who art darker than even darkness,

Thou who art deeper than even the night!

Drifting upon the Sea of Chaos,

Oh, Golden Lord of Darkness!

Hereby I call to thee..."

Last edited by T51R; 06-08-2019 at 02:01 AM.