Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am a bit pessimistic, I think X-Force ends with Rachel repairing the timeline, but she stays in the future as Mother Askani and never comes back. If Rachel appears in any series at all after this it will probably be as a vision to Cable when he meditates and connects to her for guidance.
    There is a good chance of her not coming back. I just hope she appears in some book and has some kind of character arc.

The first comic I bought when I was younger, Rachel was like the protagonist, and I have fond memories of her. It is a shame that she is oftenly left aside in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    There is a good chance of her not coming back. I just hope she appears in some book and has some kind of character arc.

The first comic I bought when I was younger, Rachel was like the protagonist, and I have fond memories of her. It is a shame that she is oftenly left aside in the franchise.
    I know me too. I bought Excalibur #1. I became obsessed almost with picking up back issues about Kitty and Rachel because they became my two favorite characters. My favorite part of Excalibur and Rachel and Kitty is how linked together they are.
    Kate Pryde was Rachel's mentor/protector in the concentration camp and probably helped her recover from the hound programming.
    Rachel used her powers to put Kate inside Kitty to save Senator Kelly.
    Kate Pryde spoke with the Phoenix Force and made a deal to save Rachel by having the Phoenix take Rachel back to the 616 universe.
    Kitty is integral for Rachel getting free of Mojo world and they start Excalibur together.

When Excalibur first started I liked the layers of how closely connected Kitty and Rachel were. Then later on you find out Kate's consciousness has been alive all along as Widget and Kate has been trying to watch over and protect Rachel.

Bleh, then they ruined everything and sent Rachel into the future, I remember that I felt like crying when I read the issue where Rachel was gone. I think I stopped collecting comics not long after that, I can barely remember any Excalibur issues after Rachel was gone so I think I just stopped reading that series.

X-Fans have proven themselves unworthy of the artist who gave us baby Thanos being cracked in the face. And Hickman shall come with the fruit regardless. REPENT.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Like she left a piece of herself (Askani) split off when she was lost in the timestream and they merge together to become one again.

That would be an interesting way of retconning a lot of her problems over the years by explaining that she was always missing a core part of her will and now she is fully whole again with all the parts of her restored.
    Long as it doesn’t end with her staying in the future and thus limbo, I’m game.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    X-Fans have proven themselves unworthy of the artist who gave us baby Thanos being cracked in the face. And Hickman shall come with the fruit regardless. REPENT.
    We've been repenting since 2017.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Few minds have been poisoned as much by the Image Bros and the misguided belief that their art is the greatest achievement possible as those of the X-Men fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Long as it doesn’t end with her staying in the future and thus limbo, I’m game.
    I am trying not to be pessimistic but it's hard. This whole series has treated Rachel as nothing more than an enslaved pet to help drive Cable and Stryfe's story. I feel like Marvel is just using her to drive Cable's story so if they stay with that attitude inevitably they are going to just make her a supporting character for Cable which probably means she stays as Mother Askani and never interacts with anyone other than Cable in any future storyline.

Y’all are bugging, this is good art. But it’s too good for this very bland story.

I am trying not to be pessimistic but it's hard. This whole series has treated Rachel as nothing more than an enslaved pet to help drive Cable and Stryfe's story. I feel like Marvel is just using her to drive Cable's story so if they stay with that attitude inevitably they are going to just make her a supporting character for Cable which probably means she stays as Mother Askani and never interacts with anyone other than Cable in any future storyline.
    It looks like she won’t even be able to free herself again and it’ll be another agent, either the Phoenix or something else, that helps her break whatever she’s going through. It’s tiring. Her staying in the future seems more likely if she realizes there’s nothing back on the 616 for her now that all her friends are “dead.”

Burnett is too expressive of an artist for scripts as dry as Brisson's, but that's also the right call as an editor. Make up for the dryness of those scripts by pairing them with a poppin' artist. This "ice cream with sprinkles plus white bread" format also worked for Champions recently, where X-Force #1's Boom-Boom artist Ramirez has temporarily turned Champions from raw corn on the cob to fried chicken with gravy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is so humilliating for Rachel.
    Just end this.

Champions’ scripts have been holding it up, I think Cummings worked for the dark script they had. Though, expressive art goes with teen books like Kyle and Yost. But Brisson on this title and his whole Old Man Logan run, whew the boredom. If Clayton Crain was on this, I think it’d definitely help.

I really hate the fact that they’ve basically been using Rachel as nothing but a prop for others since Extermination after her scene mourning Cable. First Ahab’s, then WiFi’s and now Stryfe. If this is how he views her, Brisson should not write Rachel period.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope we at least get something between Cable and Rachel. She was so sad when he died and kid Cable worships her.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't Phoenix Rachel on that first Hox/PoX teaser? This maybe set for whatever is gonna go down in Hickman's run.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wasn't Phoenix Rachel on that first Hox/PoX teaser? This maybe set for whatever is gonna go down in Hickman's run.
    She was on the Disassembled poster too and she never appeared in that series. I think she only appears as a flashback in HoX/PoX. Probably Cable remembering something about her and that is the only thing we see of her in HoX/PoX. I don't even expect Jean and Scott to even remember she exists after this, they'll be like "Who is Rachel? Do we know a Rachel?".