Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: May 2019 sales

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But he was the one that approved the event, he didn't need to. Marvel is bleeding money for no reason- he didn't need to take the X-men to yet another alternate reality for 6 months.
    Hickman is coming any way, nothing that we are reading matters. JDW just separating the mutants from each other, to create hype

Extraordinary Member

But he was the one that approved the event, he didn't need to. Marvel is bleeding money for no reason- he didn't need to take the X-men to yet another alternate reality for 6 months.
    I am not going to worry about specifics of what went wrong, but yes obviously someone messed up here. Even if these books were selling 25K it would be "not good," so this is just embarrassing. As much as I am looking forward to Hickman, I actually dread the SDCC announcement. Mentioning not just one wave of books, but two, is making me nervous that no one has a plan other than to approve everything and make sure there are 10 books.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Not to mention it accomplished jack **** for these characters. Oh, this world where there are problems even if mutants are considered heroes. Well time to go back home.
    Seems a lot of trouble for no reason; according to Hickman, he mostly gave carte blanche for writers do what they wanted, just gave them a few pointers.

Sometimes I wonder if this is just about Hickman not wanting Scott & Jean together, at least at first, and the X-office not knowing a reason for why they wouldn't be...even though Scott's character arc in the most acclaimed runs of the last decades was exactly him moving on from Jean. Surely, there's gotta be more to it...but then again, it might not.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman is coming any way, nothing that we are reading matters. JDW just separating the mutants from each other, to create hype
    Marvel is not in the business of losing money, let alone for 6 months, for no reason.

Marvel is not in the business of losing money, let alone for 6 months, for no reason.
    It is for Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I miss January where people were saying Age of X-Man would cure loneliness cuz Bishop was boning some underage version of Jean.
    Jean isn't underage on AOXM and nobody said that it would cure whatever

BANNED

I miss January where people were saying Age of X-Man would cure loneliness cuz Bishop was boning some underage version of Jean.
    Should’ve put that in the non-existent advertizing!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jean isn't underage on AOXM and nobody said that it would cure whatever
    No one told the artists that.
    "Cable was right!"

It is for Hickman
    LOL, no. There was no reason for that; there could still be half a dozen books selling 30k or higher. It wasn't anyone's mission to be out of the top 100 altogether.

No one told the artists that.
    She looks young, but not that young. she is clearly older than nature girl

For what is being Uncanny X-Men and Age of X-Man, I think they should have stretched X-Men Red, Blue and Astonishing. Having also delayed the resurrection of Cyclops, he almost managed to dodge the entire post-Secret Wars era, a little longer and had returned with Hickman.

The only thing they managed was to embitter people with a relaunch and an event that was only filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    For what is being Uncanny X-Men and Age of X-Man, I think they should have stretched X-Men Red, Blue and Astonishing. Having also delayed the resurrection of Cyclops, he almost managed to dodge the entire post-Secret Wars era, a little longer and had returned with Hickman.

The only thing they managed was to embitter people with a relaunch and an event that was only filling.
    Cyclops was returning anyway in Extermination. But I agree with your point. Since the 05 were going home anyway, just put Cyclops and his team in Blue, put Wolverine with Kitty and Storm, etc.

Like I said, I have the nagging feeling that part of the reason, if not the main one, for the whole mess, is that Hickman didn't want Scott & Jean together, at least at the start, and they had no idea what to do without putting him & Jean as a couple.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 06-10-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    62 66 Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History 3 $3.99 05/01/19 Marvel 30,753

114 118 Champions 5 $3.99 05/01/19 Marvel 19,336
    lol, I can understand why spirit forgot to list those. Champions didn't have any X-Men after Cyclops left... until Dust joined. And Cosmic Ghost Rider invades a different franchise each issue (issue 2 was ASM).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Sorry for the off-topicness (it’s already sort of being discussed), but maybe the chance of finding the “target” of my question is higher here anyway...but am I missing something with this newest Hulk series? I’m generally not a fan of the Hulk (so much so that I usually actively avoid the character, instead of just ignoring)...any other non-fans tried out the book and enjoyed it?

I usually do enjoy Ewing’s writing.
    I've never been a Hulk collector, but I love Ewing. This book has been fantastic on all levels.

And just like that I’m now wondering what kind of headache the O5 would have caused X-Man if they were still around in the Age of X-Man.