Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Captain America, his morals and beliefs and the Snap in the MCU....

We all have people to blame for the Thanos Snap from happening in Infinity War: Thor, Starlord and maybe even Tony for his Ego, but What about Captain America ?

I say this to Marvel fans as Captain America's beliefs clashed with Tony's willingness to keep the Avengers together and look what happen. My favorite moment in Avengers Endgame came at the start when Tony called Steve out for his past actions and how it was partly his fault that things got this way. Yes Tony has his Ego, Thor has his emotional quest for Vengeance, Hulk and Banner are on the outs and Starlord....is Still a child in a way, but what about Steve ?

I think that in both Infinity War and Endgame you could not help but see how Tony and Steve try to influence each other even when they're apart. Yet when each tried to act like the other...it ended in failure.

Yes Steve admitted that Tony was right about the previous arguments, but it was too little too late for it all. One has to wonder was Captain America also to blame for the snap from happening in a way and how he still didn't get it post 5 years later with the ideal Time heist, before Stark came into help ??

How much blame do you place Captain America in when it comes to the Snap ?

How was Cap at fault again? Your post is not clear.

From my perspective Thor & Tony just failed like Steve did. Star Lord lost control of his emotions and tipped the scale into Thanos favor. But all of them are only human so ... not sure I would blame anyone.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    How was Cap at fault again? Your post is not clear.

From my perspective Thor & Tony just failed like Steve did. Star Lord lost control of his emotions and tipped the scale into Thanos favor. But all of them are only human so ... not sure I would blame anyone.
    Remember Steve line of how they would be together if they were to lose...what happened after he said that line ? Steve's flaw is that he has a one tracked mindset in a way that more a clutch than an assist at times and Infinity war sort of proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Remember Steve line of how they would be together if they were to lose...what happened after he said that line ? Steve's flaw is that he has a one tracked mindset in a way that more a clutch than an assist at times and Infinity war sort of proved it.
    Eh... that's just guilt though. I mean Tony and Steve where friends who had a disagreement. After the disagreement they couldn't work together because they no longer were on the same page. Neither Tony or Steve could predict the future to know for sure what would happen down the road.

Can't really blame either one for not forcing themselves to tolerate each other.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You can actually blame Civil War for the split, and that gets into some pretty thorny issues about whether or not superheroes should be answerable to a higher authority, given the collateral damage that seems to wrack up whenever they're out fighting the good fight, or if they should be allowed to operate unmolested by politics and bureaucracy, given how corrupt institutional authorities tend to be in a superhero-centric universe. That said, Cap offered an olive branch to Tony at the end, admitted he was wrong for keeping how Tony's parents really died and who the murder weapon was a secret from him, and said he'd be there anytime Tony needed him. In Avengers: Infinity War, even facing a threat like Thanos and his vanguard, Tony still wouldn't call Cap, and by the time Bruce Banner was able to call him instead, Tony was already off in space with Peter/Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, and that was what kept them from being able to unite against Thanos's forces.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cap had no reasonable way of knowing when he split the Avengers in Civil War that it would make it easier for an alien to collect a bunch of magic rocks and kill half of everything. So, even if that's what enabled Thanos' victory, it isn't Steve's fault, because he wasn't making an informed choice in that sense. As opposed to Star-Lord and Thor, who both fully knew what the deal was, and chose not to act decisively to stop it.

Ultimate Member

Ya know, Tony, Dr. Strange and Spidey had the option of turning back during Infinity War. Stark flat out refuses to consider turning back, wanting to take the fight to Thanos.

I mean, Dr. Strange can look into a million futures, but not use that to learn how to turn around the ship?

Instead, Tony forges ahead with an ally of unknown (to him) power, himself and Spider-Man. Against a man he knows has an army, and who kicked Hulk and Thor's ass (both of whom held their own against him).

Had Tony chosen to head back, to fight the fight on earth, things might have ended differently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, Tony, Dr. Strange and Spidey had the option of turning back during Infinity War. Stark flat out refuses to consider turning back, wanting to take the fight to Thanos.

I mean, Dr. Strange can look into a million futures, but not use that to learn how to turn around the ship?

Instead, Tony forges ahead with an ally of unknown (to him) power, himself and Spider-Man. Against a man he knows has an army, and who kicked Hulk and Thor's ass (both of whom held their own against him).

Had Tony chosen to head back, to fight the fight on earth, things might have ended differently.
    They were already far into space and probably felt they'd have been too late to reach Earth. Thanos' minions had already attacked Earth. Tony wanted to make sure Thanos himself didn't come to the planet.

Furthermore, we saw in Endgame that the Avengers alone would not have been enough to stop Thanos. It took the Avengers, the Guardians, the Wakandan army and Captain Marvel to beat Thanos. And even then it was nothing short of a miracle they won.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They were already far into space and probably felt they'd have been too late to reach Earth. Thanos' minions had already attacked Earth. Tony wanted to make sure Thanos himself didn't come to the planet.

Furthermore, we saw in Endgame that the Avengers alone would not have been enough to stop Thanos. It took the Avengers, the Guardians, the Wakandan army and Captain Marvel to beat Thanos. And even then it was nothing short of a miracle they won.
    They had plenty of time, what with having the time stone

Frankly, it was sheer luck that Ebony Maw wanted to make some grand gesture of giving Thanos the time stone on Thanos' destroyed homeworld, otherwise Tony, Spidey and Dr Strange would have docked with his main ship, which had his army and him with the infinity gauntlet. And it was further luck that the Guardians showed up when they did.

Tony's plan, if it could even be called that, would have gotten them steamrolled.

Honestly, I think Endgame showed that the Avengers had a chance, if they were together. They had Thanos pinned, immobilized and disarmed in seconds. Yes, Captain Marvel was a big part of that, but you could get the same effect with Wanda.

Tony was going to call Cap, but that's when Ebony Maw was already attacking people. As to whose fault was it for the Avengers breaking up. Here is an article from CBR. Take of it what you will.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...rica-argument/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-08-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony was going tocall Cap, but that's when Ebony Maw was already attacking people. As to whose fault was it for for the Avengers breaking up. Here is an article from CBR. Take of it what you will.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...rica-argument/
    I think the whole point of Civil War (both in the pages and on-screen) was that there wasn't a right or wrong stance, but that it was both sides unwilling to compromise, then going to extreme measures to protect their viewpoints that ultimately destroyed their relationship (albeit temporarily).

iMan 42s

Cap had nothing to do with the snap.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Jameson(not that it's likely that he will be featured in MCU): I blame Spider Man!!!
    Hawkeye: I blame the yakuza
    Captain Marvel: I blame the kree
    rocket: I find the collector guilty for the snap!
    Hulk: eeh.. you win some you lose some!
    Okoye: I blame the foreigners!
    Scott: I agree with Captain America! oh he is yet to speak......

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They had plenty of time, what with having the time stone
    Strange had never manipulated time on such a level and had been warned against misuse of the stone's power by Wong and Mordo.

Honestly, I think Endgame showed that the Avengers had a chance, if they were together. They had Thanos pinned, immobilized and disarmed in seconds. Yes, Captain Marvel was a big part of that, but you could get the same effect with Wanda.
    If they'd fought Thanos without any of the people I pointed out, they'd have still lost. Wanda had to tap into a level of rage she'd have never felt before in Endgame and her performance in Infinity War doesn't speak well of her ability to fight off Thanos' minions let alone Thanos himself. And there's the huge army which is far more deadly than the Chitauri and Ultron.

I think Endgame showed pretty clearly that, for some bizarre reason, the only possible way for the Avengers to win in the end was for them to lose like they did in [I]Infinity War[/I.] I presume it was some version of the fact that by the time Strange looked into the future, Thanos already had 4 of the Stones; at that point, the only way to win was to let the Snap happen but make sure Tony survived. Which is sort of cheap movie logic, but what can you do.