Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well Steve’s refusal to destroy the mind because it would also kill Vision sure didn’t help.
    “We don’t trade in lives. Unless it’s Wakandan lives”.
    That is the worst bad faith reading I've seen in my life. For one it negates T'Challa offering help of his own freewill. For second, unless Wakanda has a draft, it negates the choice of the warriors to become warriors. For third, naturally Steve would go to Wakanda, it's the only country in the world with advanced technology and a giant freakin force field, which, for all anyone knew, had a high success rate of keeping things out. You make it sound like Steve was just like 'to hell with Wakanda soldiers', which he very much DID NOT DO, which is dishonest of you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Cap had no reasonable way of knowing when he split the Avengers in Civil War that it would make it easier for an alien to collect a bunch of magic rocks and kill half of everything. So, even if that's what enabled Thanos' victory, it isn't Steve's fault, because he wasn't making an informed choice in that sense. As opposed to Star-Lord and Thor, who both fully knew what the deal was, and chose not to act decisively to stop it.
    What about the idea of Tony wanting an Armor around the Earth to protect it from danger ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Tony's whole 'armor around the world' thing, IMO, doesn't vindicate him if he leaves that world. Just saying.
    A person like Tony Stark, even the MCU version of the character, doesn't have a backup plan or two incase he's off world ?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

If Ultron had succeeded and wiped out humanity, do you think Earth (I mean Ultron-Earth) would have stood more of a chance?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    If Ultron had succeeded and wiped out humanity, do you think Earth (I mean Ultron-Earth) would have stood more of a chance?
    One doesn’t know since we have never seen Ultron vs Thanos in the comics.

iMan 42s

That's a pretty fascinating idea. Would Ultron be considered alive to survive the snap? He does check out on a lot of the characteristics of something being alive but for sure he was sentient. So I don't think he would've been affected by the snap and should he have wanted to I'd imagine he could've come for Thanos.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    A person like Tony Stark, even the MCU version of the character, doesn't have a backup plan or two incase he's off world ?
    Apparently not. All he left behind was a Hulk Buster armor for Bruce and Rhodes' War Machine armor.

Hell, in End Game, Thanos showed up on Tony's front doorstep, and steamrolled him.

While Tony was impersonating Leeroy Jenkins in space, Cap protected the stone behind the most powerful and advanced nation on the planet, and that still wasn't enough to stop Thanos.

I can understand why Tony was angry, and why Cap didn't challenge a man near death, but that doesn't make him right

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    JARVIS and Friday were artificial intelligences like Siri and Google Assistant. Extrapolated to Iron Man levels, yes, but not actually true independent minds. Ultron an artificial intelligence in the more classic SF trope interpretation.

In Mass Effect terms, JARVIS was a VI, and Ultron was an AI
    Yeah, except that Jarvis held off Ultron even after Ultron attempted to virtually kill him. He was the one keeping Ultron from playing with nukes. There never seemed to be that great a difference in their abilities.

I like Joss, but he was never good at defining his mythos past metaphor...

To my mind, Ultron couldn’t care less, because he’s not “alive”. So Thanos wants to kill 50% of all life? Ultron would tell a Thanos to kill 100%.

Captain America being wrong in IF and IE? That whole thing was a mess to follow. To this day I can’t remember what happened in what order. Great movies, yes, but if you asked me the motivations of the Avengers in all this, it is too confusing.

In a conventional movie, you have a beginning a middle and an ending, but the writers turned everything upside down by destroying everything in the first movie, and then trying to do something different in flashback. It’s as bad as Jonathan Hickman’s whole Secret Wars with the Illumanati. (You have no idea who was wrong because you can’t explain what started the Incursions. Was it Age of Ultron, or, some psychological contortion by Doom)? All I can break it down to is Thanos got all the Infinity Stones and snapped his fingers. Endgame? This was some regret by the writers that needed to reinstate the Marvel Universe, but eliminate the original Avengers. I wouldn’t even consider giving fault to the Avengers, because the Thanos gambit was way too big.

And ANTMAN. He gets stuck in the microverse, he comes back in Endgame and he changes everything. They should put up statute of Scott Lang for Endgame. That idiot, who can’t hold a job, and can’t support his daughter, and he was the thing that fixed it all.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-22-2019 at 07:36 PM.