Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

These ones hit me like a punch to the balls.

download (1).jpg
    170px-SarahGordonDeath.jpg170px-SarahGordonDeath.jpg
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    dick dillin was underrated
    Awesome.
    I also agree that every issue JH Williams drew of Batwoman had some awesome spreads. The WW team-up is particularly impressive.
    Come to think of it, what has he been up to? I miss his art.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Awesome.
    I also agree that every issue JH Williams drew of Batwoman had some awesome spreads. The WW team-up is particularly impressive.
    Come to think of it, what has he been up to? I miss his art.
    He and Haden Blackman have a creator-owned book called Echolands coming out on Image. Williams is currently drawing #4. First issue hasn’t been solicited yet.

Amazing Member

Kirby wins for sure, with Perez not far behind, but here's a more recent one from JH Williams III:

RCO009.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RBerman; 06-12-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Sue Dibnys funeral I always liked

Retired

Man, what a bunch of selfish braggarts those super-heroes are. There they are at the front hogging all the pews that are supposed to be for family. Half of them didn't even know Sue or what she was about. Meanwhile, all the regular folks, who were probably a lot closer to her, are pushed to the back and threatened by the security guards if they dare get near the over-indulged, fancypants show-offs. Hey, here's an idea Justice League, don't wear your costumes to a funeral! Insufferable louts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Man, what a bunch of selfish braggarts those super-heroes are. There they are at the front hogging all the pews that are supposed to be for family. Half of them didn't even know Sue or what she was about. Meanwhile, all the regular folks, who were probably a lot closer to her, are pushed to the back and threatened by the security guards if they dare get near the over-indulged, fancypants show-offs. Hey, here's an idea Justice League, don't wear your costumes to a funeral! Insufferable louts.
    Wasn't Sue know to publicly hang out with the Justice League, who were essentially family.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-12-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Good lord this image!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Perez Crisis

Populace running towards the reader, away from approaching Annihilation

Lol yea, Sue was supposed to be like family, still funny though haha. And ooohhh, just finished re reading it, but Multiversity has so many good ones, with heroes from different universes together.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    Lol yea, Sue was supposed to be like family, still funny though haha. And ooohhh, just finished re reading it, but Multiversity has so many good ones, with heroes from different universes together.
    I get why Rags wanted to do a pic of all the heroes in their costumes, but Sue being a more down to Earth character, it would make more sense for her funeral to be a low key affair and the heroes would be there but not in costumes. Let Ralph and his mourning be the focus of the funeral rather than a bunch of colourful superstars.

One pic that deserved to be a double page spread was the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel in SUPERBOY 200, by Dave Cockrum. But that was all squeezed onto one page. A historic pic, for many reasons, given that was one of the things that made DC leave DC--he wanted his original art back and they wouldn't let him have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    One pic that deserved to be a double page spread was the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel in SUPERBOY 200, by Dave Cockrum. But that was all squeezed onto one page. A historic pic, for many reasons, given that was one of the things that made DC leave DC--he wanted his original art back and they wouldn't let him have it.

Yeah originally they printed it on it's side on one page.

Although where I first encountered it, was in the oversized reprint's Limited Collectors Edition.
    Where they did print it as as double paged spread, and spectacularly oversized. And the key printed on the inside back cover.
    Remember the joy of taking in and learning all the characters.

Great image!

Last edited by Güicho; 06-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    dick dillin was underrated
    Completely agree. And this was the splash page of Dillin's final issue before his death. He was still on top of his game till the end.

Justice Incarnate

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Sandman: Overture (2013-2015) #2 (of 6)

70c7866087c36a4aa030bd753bd55a55._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg