View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default X-men: The Animated Series Returning???

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-s...ampaign=CBR-TW

This may be the cartoon we get now that the mutants are home. Would you be opposed to this???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As much as I enjoyed that series, and despite how much I respect the creative team for really doing their due diligence and making the show as comics-accurate as they could, despite the network trying to get them to dumb it down and everything, they had their turn.

I'd like a new creative team to handle any forthcoming X-Men cartoons, as long as they do their best to bring the characters to screen with the same love and determination as they originals. It's just been too long. We need newer writers, with a fresh take on the material, to operate in today's landscape.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I like that show as much as the next nostalgic 90s kid.

But move on already

I would absolutely want this show back. It was one of the reasons I got into comics, and it would probably help kids today get interested in reading x-men stuff. Aside from that, it was just a really good and well done show

Still the gold standard for super hero shows (along with Batman: The Animated Series). Avengers: EMH, Superman the Animated Series, 90s Spiderman, and X-Men: Evolution were all strong as well (and I personally have a soft spot for Wolverine and the X-Men and the late 80s mega-mullet Iron Man cartoon). But this was the one that took the adult themes from the comics, and brought them about with minimal toning down for kids. Magneto's line of "The brave are always the first to die," as the X-Men fly off on what they believe to be a suicide mission from the last episode of Season One is fucking HAUNTING. Even the last season, warts and all, had unbelieveable moments:

Cyclops: "He needs your help."
    Magneto: "Charles Xavier is my greatest enemy, and perhaps my only friend. These people are ready to match at my call, I need to lead them, they need me, you would take that from me?!"
    Jean: "He would do it for you."
    Magneto: *pauses* *starts crying*

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Xavier, Beast, Storm, Cable, Bishop and Gambit were all perfect. Obviously Apocalypse as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Obviously Apocalypse as well.
    Apocalypse's voice actor is super dead. The iconic one at least. Season 5's still alive I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Apocalypse's voice actor is super dead. The iconic one at least. Season 5's still alive I believe.
    That is a HUGE bummer. He was a treat.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken!"

TAS Poccy is better than comics Poccy. TAS Beast is better than comics Beast too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Still the gold standard for super hero shows (along with Batman: The Animated Series). Avengers: EMH, Superman the Animated Series, 90s Spiderman, and X-Men: Evolution were all strong as well (and I personally have a soft spot for Wolverine and the X-Men and the late 80s mega-mullet Iron Man cartoon). But this was the one that took the adult themes from the comics, and brought them about with minimal toning down for kids. Magneto's line of "The brave are always the first to die," as the X-Men fly off on what they believe to be a suicide mission from the last episode of Season One is fucking HAUNTING. Even the last season, warts and all, had unbelieveable moments:

Cyclops: "He needs your help."
    Magneto: "Charles Xavier is my greatest enemy, and perhaps my only friend. These people are ready to match at my call, I need to lead them, they need me, you would take that from me?!"
    Jean: "He would do it for you."
    Magneto: *pauses* *starts crying*

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Xavier, Beast, Storm, Cable, Bishop and Gambit were all perfect. Obviously Apocalypse as well.
    I am not sure how a continuation of the 90s era X-Men would work, would they use the same animation style, the same group of voice actors from Toronto (I do not think Lenore Zann does much voice acting nowadays, she seems to be successfully Canadian politician), pick up where the animated series left off? This seems an odd choice, but hey we have had some Timm style cartoons lately, so 90s nostalgia is a thing now.

That is a HUGE bummer. He was a treat.
    Yeah, John Colicos, the guy who played Apoclaypse in the first 4 seasons (he also played Kor the Klingon in Star Trek TOS and Deep Space 9) is dead, James Blendick who played Apocalypse in season 5, still seems to be alive (and does sound close to Colicos).
    Last edited by The Overlord; 06-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I am not sure how a continuation of the 90s era X-Men would work, would they use the same animation style, the same group of voice actors from Toronto (I do not think Lenore Zann does much voice acting nowadays, she seems to be successfully Canadian politician), pick up where the animated series left off? This seems an odd choice, but hey we have had some Timm style cartoons lately, so 90s nostalgia is a thing now.

Yeah, John Colicos, the guy who played Apoclaypse in the first 4 seasons (he also played Kor the Klingon in Star Trek TOS and Deep Space 9) is dead, James Blendick who played Apocalypse in season 5, still seems to be alive (and does sound close to Colicos).
    wait what? that would be dumb.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a return. They did well with it the first time so I'd rather gamble with that show than something new.

Also, considering Marvel's recent cartoon shows, I really wouldn't want to push for something new and end up with a X-men version of that recent Spider-man or Avengers show.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-07-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

All of the current Marvel animated stuff is just awful. I'd welcome this.

If this happened, what stories would you want them to adapt?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    All of the current Marvel animated stuff is just awful. I'd welcome this.

If this happened, what stories would you want them to adapt?
    I think it somewhat depends on how they will handle the show in terms of continuity, but I'm open to almost anything. I wouldn't mind some of the decimation era stories, an episode or two on krakoa, or "God loves Man kills" either. Other than that I'm not too sure, that's a tough question. I think it's easier to think of stories I wouldn't want. Either way, how about you?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-07-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think it somewhat depends on how they will handle the show in terms of continuity, but I'm open to almost anything. I wouldn't mind some of the decimation era stories, an episode or two on krakoa, or "God loves Man kills" either. Other than that I'm not too sure, that's a tough question. I think it's easier to think of stories I wouldn't want. Either way, how about you?
    I would really like to see the Messiah Trilogy adapted. Or Whedon's Astonishing, if they want to stay away from the Decimation era stuff. I like your suggestion of GLMK, I'm surprised it hasn't been adapted before (other than X2, loosely). Were there any stories at the time that would've been adapted if they'd continued?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I would really like to see the Messiah Trilogy adapted. Or Whedon's Astonishing, if they want to stay away from the Decimation era stuff. I like your suggestion of GLMK, I'm surprised it hasn't been adapted before (other than X2, loosely). Were there any stories at the time that would've been adapted if they'd continued?
    The messiah trilogy would be pretty great. Whedon's run as well. As far as the show goes, I'm not too sure on what they would have done. My only guess considering the time period is Onslaught.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia