View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Still the gold standard for super hero shows (along with Batman: The Animated Series). Avengers: EMH, Superman the Animated Series, 90s Spiderman, and X-Men: Evolution were all strong as well (and I personally have a soft spot for Wolverine and the X-Men and the late 80s mega-mullet Iron Man cartoon). But this was the one that took the adult themes from the comics, and brought them about with minimal toning down for kids. Magneto's line of "The brave are always the first to die," as the X-Men fly off on what they believe to be a suicide mission from the last episode of Season One is fucking HAUNTING. Even the last season, warts and all, had unbelieveable moments:

Cyclops: "He needs your help."
    Magneto: "Charles Xavier is my greatest enemy, and perhaps my only friend. These people are ready to match at my call, I need to lead them, they need me, you would take that from me?!"
    Jean: "He would do it for you."
    Magneto: *pauses* *starts crying*

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Xavier, Beast, Storm, Cable, Bishop and Gambit were all perfect. Obviously Apocalypse as well.
    I am not sure how a continuation of the 90s era X-Men would work, would they use the same animation style, the same group of voice actors from Toronto (I do not think Lenore Zann does much voice acting nowadays, she seems to be successfully Canadian politician), pick up where the animated series left off? This seems an odd choice, but hey we have had some Timm style cartoons lately, so 90s nostalgia is a thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That is a HUGE bummer. He was a treat.
    Yeah, John Colicos, the guy who played Apoclaypse in the first 4 seasons (he also played Kor the Klingon in Star Trek TOS and Deep Space 9) is dead, James Blendick who played Apocalypse in season 5, still seems to be alive (and does sound close to Colicos).
    Last edited by The Overlord; 06-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.