View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default X-men: The Animated Series Returning???

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-s...ampaign=CBR-TW

This may be the cartoon we get now that the mutants are home. Would you be opposed to this???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As much as I enjoyed that series, and despite how much I respect the creative team for really doing their due diligence and making the show as comics-accurate as they could, despite the network trying to get them to dumb it down and everything, they had their turn.

I'd like a new creative team to handle any forthcoming X-Men cartoons, as long as they do their best to bring the characters to screen with the same love and determination as they originals. It's just been too long. We need newer writers, with a fresh take on the material, to operate in today's landscape.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I like that show as much as the next nostalgic 90s kid.

But move on already

I would absolutely want this show back. It was one of the reasons I got into comics, and it would probably help kids today get interested in reading x-men stuff. Aside from that, it was just a really good and well done show

Still the gold standard for super hero shows (along with Batman: The Animated Series). Avengers: EMH, Superman the Animated Series, 90s Spiderman, and X-Men: Evolution were all strong as well (and I personally have a soft spot for Wolverine and the X-Men and the late 80s mega-mullet Iron Man cartoon). But this was the one that took the adult themes from the comics, and brought them about with minimal toning down for kids. Magneto's line of "The brave are always the first to die," as the X-Men fly off on what they believe to be a suicide mission from the last episode of Season One is fucking HAUNTING. Even the last season, warts and all, had unbelieveable moments:

Cyclops: "He needs your help."
    Magneto: "Charles Xavier is my greatest enemy, and perhaps my only friend. These people are ready to match at my call, I need to lead them, they need me, you would take that from me?!"
    Jean: "He would do it for you."
    Magneto: *pauses* *starts crying*

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Xavier, Beast, Storm, Cable, Bishop and Gambit were all perfect. Obviously Apocalypse as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Obviously Apocalypse as well.
    Apocalypse's voice actor is super dead. The iconic one at least. Season 5's still alive I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Apocalypse's voice actor is super dead. The iconic one at least. Season 5's still alive I believe.
    That is a HUGE bummer. He was a treat.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken!"

TAS Poccy is better than comics Poccy. TAS Beast is better than comics Beast too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Cort Lane (who's basically the head of Marvel Animation at this point) indicated that there might be new cartoons for the Fox properties that will be announced over the Summer.

I find that more likely then a revival of the 90's show.

BANNED

I would like to do something new but it could feel new in terms of appearance with the same creative team. The nostalgic pull is so strong I cant say no.

We already have enough 90s nostalgia beating us upside the head in a dark alley in the comics. I’d rather we at least move on somewhat in cartoon stuff. I don’t really care for it, but Aaron’s WatXM is the perfect thing to adapt into a cartoon.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm ready for something new, but I definitely would not complain if TAS came back
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We already have enough 90s nostalgia beating us upside the head in a dark alley in the comics. I’d rather we at least move on somewhat in cartoon stuff. I don’t really care for it, but Aaron’s WatXM is the perfect thing to adapt into a cartoon.
    We already had a cartoon where Wolverine was awesome and amazing and did everything, and every other X-character was useless, except for Jean, Scott, Charles, and Emma who were especially useless. It was called Wolverine and the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    We already had a cartoon where Wolverine was awesome and amazing and did everything, and every other X-character was useless, except for Jean, Scott, Charles, and Emma who were especially useless. It was called Wolverine and the X-Men.
    Less Wolverine, but more capturing that all-ages goofiness that can still appeal to multiple markets. I can see a lot of casual X-fans being invested in the Quentin/Idie/Broo/Evan/Shark-Girl/Gladiator crew. And...well...name it something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well, the WaTXM comic basically was a cartoon, so you're not off there .

But I'd rather a new X-Men cartoon be more hard-hitting and impactful. More Young Justice and less Ultimate Spider-Man.