View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    My hope is the Disney gets a better animation studio that can work with Marvel than Marvel Animation. It's run by Jeph Loeb, who thinks cartoons are dumb, and he only allows that the type of stuff a five-year-old can enjoy. DC has such good animation because of WB Animation, which is such an advantage. It's a shame too, because Marvel should have good animated series, and while they do, it's not nearly as consistent as it could be.
    Is that why the new toons look like crap? It;s so puzzling to me.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

let me sum up how i want to the new xmen cartoon to be like

THIS

Last edited by Beaddle; 09-14-2019 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Pixar adapting existing IP. Not really their style.
    Yeah, I know that, but just imagine what a collaboration with them would be like.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Thats still on?
    No. But you can't rule out anything coming back. Disney recently announced Lizzie McGuire will be back (she's now an adult, but the cartoon her is still the same teenage design), and WB brought back Young Justice for that DC Universe streaming service.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is that why the new toons look like crap? It;s so puzzling to me.
    Its not that puzzling if you really think about it. Of all the worst things that has ever happened to disney buying marvel ,it is the disintegration and destruction of marvel cartoons.
    it not only looks like crap, the plot is so dense. I think 5 year olds even deserve better. I am afraid, we would never get a good xmen cartoon again unless disney lets marvel grow up or Disney sells the X-men animated rights to Sony but with the Sony/Disney failed deal, that would never happen. Also X-Men is not meant to be pixar, the story and tone of xmen is a lot heavier than Pixar. the only thing I can see xmen becoming like is the batman animated movies.

Some people don't really care about cartoons anymore because they are hung up on the cinematic crossover universe, that is what disney now only cares about, which is sad because franchises should have good movies, good animations, good cartoons, good video games, good merchandising, good tv shows. I will also prefer if they all don't connect together for creative purposes and its best they don't connect as it richens the mythology of the series. The one reason I think DC entertainment is far more better than Marvel right now.

Astonishing Member

Dude, some pixar’s stuff is brilliant. It’s not likely to happen, but it could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Dude, some pixar’s stuff is brilliant. It’s not likely to happen, but it could be amazing.
    Pixar is brilliant but Pixar first has a loyalty to the kids market. X-men should have and allow a lot of mature content like the DC animated movies do. The main reason marvel animation is bad is because they are too childish. X-Men should not have childish cartoons when one of the main reasons xmen tas was groundbreaking was because it allowed mature content and compelling adult stories.

I liked x-men evolution because of the harry potter kind of model, as the series went on, the stories got darker and heavier. I am bringing xmen evolution to this topic because most of the characters were not adults like their TAS counterparts but that same mature world of the xmen universe was was becoming clearer, I still remember the two part Apocalypse resurrection episodes, that is not a pixar kind of story or a story you will find in any current Marvel disney XD shows.

we dont need pixar to make marvel cartoons, disney just need a good production animated studio. I wish marvel was obsessed with competing with DC when it comes to animation as they are with movies. that would have been so beneficial to any future xmen cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah. I mean, Star Wars has their own successful animation branch (albeit for TV), so I don't see them "needing" to work with other agencies. Marvel doing some kind of project with them, that I would pay to see.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    let me sum up how i want to the new xmen cartoon to be like

THIS

So you want a PG-13 direct to video movie? I wonder if Disney would want to do that, but that may be the best move for X-Men TAS (I do not think kids would care about a sequel to that show), what I think is more likely is we get another reboot aimed at kids, airing on Disney XD.

The animation quality for a film, even a DTV film, is almost always going to be higher than an episodic series.

That being said, yeah, DC's animation quality has been consistently good for a long time now.

I have lost faith on animated series based on comics, not even DC's lastest stuff has been as good as it used to.
    That being said more X-men is always welcome

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The animation quality for a film, even a DTV film, is almost always going to be higher than an episodic series.

That being said, yeah, DC's animation quality has been consistently good for a long time now.
    Well that depends, not all the direct to video DC comics stuff has been great lately and in terms of TV animation, their output has gone way down, its mainly just Teen Titans Go (which is polarizing, I just ignore it because its clearly not something I would care for or is aimed at me), Justice League Action looked fun, but seems to be canceled.

TV-wise there is more Marvel animation then DC animation, but Marvel TV animation output since 2012 has been just terrible, cheap animation and bad storytelling, I feel sorry for kids today who get this as their animation offering, the only exception seems to be the new Big Hero 6 series, but at this point Disney has taken complete control of that franchise, its not even under the Marvel banner anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    , what I think is more likely is we get another reboot aimed at kids, airing on Disney XD.
    A really terrible decision. Reason I don't watch disney XD.

X-Men TAS focused more on telling adult stories with flawed characters with a serious tone.

X-Men evolution grew up fast.

So you want a PG-13 direct to video movie
    Sure why not. I think X-Men has many great one off stories like Schism and DOFP that would work well as animated movies the way DC did Hush or Flashpoint. I would even prefer an animated movie universe to a TV show.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the last good non-anime Marvel cartoon.

Save us, Japan
    "Cable was right!"