View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Still the gold standard for super hero shows (along with Batman: The Animated Series). Avengers: EMH, Superman the Animated Series, 90s Spiderman, and X-Men: Evolution were all strong as well (and I personally have a soft spot for Wolverine and the X-Men and the late 80s mega-mullet Iron Man cartoon). But this was the one that took the adult themes from the comics, and brought them about with minimal toning down for kids. Magneto's line of "The brave are always the first to die," as the X-Men fly off on what they believe to be a suicide mission from the last episode of Season One is fucking HAUNTING. Even the last season, warts and all, had unbelieveable moments:

Cyclops: "He needs your help."
    Magneto: "Charles Xavier is my greatest enemy, and perhaps my only friend. These people are ready to match at my call, I need to lead them, they need me, you would take that from me?!"
    Jean: "He would do it for you."
    Magneto: *pauses* *starts crying*

So hell yeah, bring it on back. Just give us back most of the original voice cast. Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Xavier, Beast, Storm, Cable, Bishop and Gambit were all perfect. Obviously Apocalypse as well.
    I am not sure how a continuation of the 90s era X-Men would work, would they use the same animation style, the same group of voice actors from Toronto (I do not think Lenore Zann does much voice acting nowadays, she seems to be successfully Canadian politician), pick up where the animated series left off? This seems an odd choice, but hey we have had some Timm style cartoons lately, so 90s nostalgia is a thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That is a HUGE bummer. He was a treat.
    Yeah, John Colicos, the guy who played Apoclaypse in the first 4 seasons (he also played Kor the Klingon in Star Trek TOS and Deep Space 9) is dead, James Blendick who played Apocalypse in season 5, still seems to be alive (and does sound close to Colicos).
    Last edited by The Overlord; 06-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a return. They did well with it the first time so I'd rather gamble with that show than something new.

Also, considering Marvel's recent cartoon shows, I really wouldn't want to push for something new and end up with a X-men version of that recent Spider-man or Avengers show.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-07-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

All of the current Marvel animated stuff is just awful. I'd welcome this.

If this happened, what stories would you want them to adapt?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    All of the current Marvel animated stuff is just awful. I'd welcome this.

If this happened, what stories would you want them to adapt?
    I think it somewhat depends on how they will handle the show in terms of continuity, but I'm open to almost anything. I wouldn't mind some of the decimation era stories, an episode or two on krakoa, or "God loves Man kills" either. Other than that I'm not too sure, that's a tough question. I think it's easier to think of stories I wouldn't want. Either way, how about you?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-07-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think it somewhat depends on how they will handle the show in terms of continuity, but I'm open to almost anything. I wouldn't mind some of the decimation era stories, an episode or two on krakoa, or "God loves Man kills" either. Other than that I'm not too sure, that's a tough question. I think it's easier to think of stories I wouldn't want. Either way, how about you?
    I would really like to see the Messiah Trilogy adapted. Or Whedon's Astonishing, if they want to stay away from the Decimation era stuff. I like your suggestion of GLMK, I'm surprised it hasn't been adapted before (other than X2, loosely). Were there any stories at the time that would've been adapted if they'd continued?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I would really like to see the Messiah Trilogy adapted. Or Whedon's Astonishing, if they want to stay away from the Decimation era stuff. I like your suggestion of GLMK, I'm surprised it hasn't been adapted before (other than X2, loosely). Were there any stories at the time that would've been adapted if they'd continued?
    The messiah trilogy would be pretty great. Whedon's run as well. As far as the show goes, I'm not too sure on what they would have done. My only guess considering the time period is Onslaught.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Nah, if they do another cartoon, let it be its own thing instead of rehashing something old.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd love to see this return, especially if it picks up right where they left off like the supposed pitch is asking for. The last animated series that I liked from Marvel was Avengers EMH. Everything past that has been too kiddy for me. I get it, I know cartoons are for kids but there are plenty of shows around that can appeal to a wide age range.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

The 90s show has not aged well... Both in terms of animation and writing. I could barely get through an episode when I attempted a rewatch.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

The X-Men have been trapped in the 90s for long enough.

You could use the same people, but it should be something new. It's been 20-something years already. Move on.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

That show is unwatchable. The voice acting is terrible. No thanks

I would love for XTAS to return so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cort Lane (who's basically the head of Marvel Animation at this point) indicated that there might be new cartoons for the Fox properties that will be announced over the Summer.

I find that more likely then a revival of the 90's show.
    Oh come on, did anyone expect Young Justice to be revived? Maybe Marvel likes what DC did and wants a piece of the action?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would watch they have always been the truest show to comics. There is no worry about it being a 90s nostalgia thing because they are going touch the best X-Men stories that what they have always done. Obviously, art is not going to be the same. I would bet money on them doing Messiah Complex and War, Gifted, Riot at Xavier's.etc. They already told most of the big old X-men stories they are less likely to cover old grounds than any new show. Any new show has the do origins, all the old good stuff.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-08-2019 at 03:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I guess it depends on what a "return" would mean exactly. I don't necessarily want a continuation of TAS but I'll take that creative team over whoever's currently working at Marvel Animation. Ultimately I don't think it will fit Disney's strategy, but then again if a movie is far off they might want a crack at an animated series in the meantime which wouldn't be tied to the look of a movie which hasn't been made yet.