View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Jean wasn't useless. She was the team's emotional anchor. The empathetic one that anyone could talk to (and thus, seemingly one of the few adults in the room at times).
    Maaaaan. She was useless in the show, lol. Rogue picked up all her slack. She was constatnly moaning and fainting, while Scott and Logan just shouted her name

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Maaaaan. She was useless in the show, lol. Rogue picked up all her slack. She was constatnly moaning and fainting, while Scott and Logan just shouted her name
    That is the meme, but it isn't completely accurate. Xavier got TP noped about as much as she did, and she was infinitely more helpful throughout the series. It's like the Tidus laughing scene from FFX. People just take it out of context.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As an X-Men fan who absolutely LOATHED X-Men TAS...If this is green-lit, I hope we get awesome ground-breaking animation and fantastic stellar voice acting and characterisation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I am not sure how a continuation of the 90s era X-Men would work, would they use the same animation style, the same group of voice actors from Toronto (I do not think Lenore Zann does much voice acting nowadays, she seems to be successfully Canadian politician), pick up where the animated series left off? This seems an odd choice, but hey we have had some Timm style cartoons lately, so 90s nostalgia is a thing now.

Yeah, John Colicos, the guy who played Apoclaypse in the first 4 seasons (he also played Kor the Klingon in Star Trek TOS and Deep Space 9) is dead, James Blendick who played Apocalypse in season 5, still seems to be alive (and does sound close to Colicos).
    wait what? that would be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That is the meme, but it isn't completely accurate. Xavier got TP noped about as much as she did, and she was infinitely more helpful throughout the series. It's like the Tidus laughing scene from FFX. People just take it out of context.
    There are two scenes where Jean Grey trips over a wire and then her own feet and lands flat on her face.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There are two scenes where Jean Grey trips over a wire and then her own feet and lands flat on her face.
    That scene never gets old, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh come on, did anyone expect Young Justice to be revived? Maybe Marvel likes what DC did and wants a piece of the action?
    DC/WB tends to honor and acknowledge their past animated efforts more then Marvel does.

Granted, DC's tend to be more popular so I guess there's a reason for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

a cartoon based on the wolverine and the x-men comic book that was created after the cartoon called wolverine and the x-men that would not be called wolverine and the x-men would be pretty sweet
    It's kind of funny how tonally and narratively opposite those two things ended up being from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You do realise that was because they didn't have the X-Men movie rights, right? That's why X-men vanished from new video games too. Don't be surprised if the X-Men turn up in Spider-Man: Maximum Venom.
    It depends on when that season was produced and whether it was around when the embargo was being lifted for using Fox properties in media adaptions.

So where did they leave off? This is kind or a mixed team of blue and gold era. What will come after that? Morrison!?!?!?!? We get Marrow, Cece, Maggott, Generation X, New Mutants?

I really want an animated Outback Era!!
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 06-08-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    So where did they leave off? This is kind or a mixed team of blue and gold era. What will come after that? Morrison!?!?!?!? We get Marrow, Cece, Maggott, Generation X, New Mutants?
    The last story was their own creation, where Charles was in a coma from an assassination attempt by the Friends of Humanity. Magneto used his powers to amplify Charles's telepathy to be strong enough to reach the Shi'Ar, and Lilandra took him away to heal him with their tech. So any number of places you can go from there. You have the primary squad (Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Beast, Morph), Forge's X-Factor team (Havok, Wolfsbane, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Iceman, Polaris), plus room to do either the Hellions or Gen X. So there's a lot of places it can go.

If they were to take off from where they left off, it would be cool to see Magneto take the Michael Xavier role from New Mutants and do a version of that or Gen X to bring in a young class of mutants under his training, while Scott and Jean take a break in Alaska, and Storm takes over the main team. Basically the TAS ending is a variation of Uncanny 200 where Xavier is taken to space to heal and Magneto takes his place, so that's a good place to mimic. That lets us do a Mutant Massacre, and it could be an inverse of the comics, where maybe Beast, Gambit, and Rogue are injured, and Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler are promoted to the main team, with Psylocke and Angel joining too, to eventually do something like the Outback era team. I don't know. TAS did a lot of great stuff, but they mixed some things up too. I really would prefer a clean slate to start over again.

As for other stories TAS didn't cover that would be cool to see animated:

Operation Zero Tolerance- the beginning was so good, and without SHIELD, the X-Men would have to end it conclusively on their own(I hated that twist ending in the comic).

Inferno- would be tricky without Maddy, but you could remix it a bit, as long as we do Illyanna's Limbo story first, some random occurrence in Alaska interrupts Scott's and Jean's escape, and N'astirh can kidnap their newly born child(baby Cable).

Fall of the Mutants- Forge is on the table, so I'd be happy to see a variation of Storm's depowerment arc with him(minus the romance) ending with Adversary making the team sacrifice themselves to banish him, and Magneto and the students carry on for a few episodes without them(a focused arc for the them), only to later show Roma resurrected them and Storm's team is operating in secret from the shadows.

Hellions- White Queen was last seen fleeing from the Hellfire Club as the police descended in the wake of the DPS, so she could have created her own team of young mutants. Have her interact with Magneto and his team. Eventually they all team up to defeat a new Nimrod and Storm and Magneto join as Grey King, but eventually the young mutants under him(NM/GenX hybrid) rebel and link up with Cable, which leads us to...

X-Force- there were various cameos of X-Forcers sprinkled in the show, but they never got a featured episode together like X-Factor, so do that.

X-Cutioner's Song: Cable, Scott and Jean, and Stryfe family drama. Might need a different opening salvo with Xavier in space, but that's fine. I also want Apocalypse to help them(he took over Cortez's body in his final episode, so he's still on the table), which was a really interesting aspect in the original storyline. This could bring the X-Forcers back to the mansion too, at least for a couple episodes.

Crimson Dawn: Give Angel and Betsy some focus, and have her injured, they get the magic stuff to fix her, and she gets those cool shadow teleporting powers!

Destiny's Diary: X-Treme X-Men's opening arc could easily be remixed and would be a fun season. You could use this to bring back Rogue and Gambit into focus, and even do that Khan Invasion arc!!!

Morrison Era: so after three or four seasons of Xavier in space, he's all healed up and comes back to earth(but he's not alone). Remix Cassandra Nova with her Mummudrai or whatever Shi'Ar nonsense, to give us a hyper-motivated Xavier who shakes things up(only to later find out he's been hijacked by Cassie) and outs the school, all that jazz. No Xorn nonsense, though. If you bring him in, make him a real Chinese mutant, not Magneto in hiding. Emma can mess up Scott and Jean's marriage(baby Cable was jettisoned into the future at the end of Inferno, or whatever, as revealed in XCS) as in the comics, and Jean can die again, fixing Xavier(who if left possessed would cause the Here Comes Tomorrow future).

etc, etc.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post

I really want an animated Outback Era!!
    I feel it’s just completely impossible to continue TAS while adapting post-2000 stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It depends on when that season was produced and whether it was around when the embargo was being lifted for using Fox properties in media adaptions.
    It's just been announced and is currently in production - we actually weren't expecting a new season for Spider-Man at all. It's definitely possible for X-Men and FF to be used now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I feel it’s just completely impossible to continue TAS while adapting post-2000 stories.
    That’s a pretty fair assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They have always told modify comic stories using their cast so it is not going to be impossible, Remember that the primary cast is Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm,Beast ,Rogue, Gambit ,Jubilee. The first 5 of those characters pretty much cover most X-men stories that can be told. It is just a matter of what X-men are need to put in to tell a story. The size of the X-men will probably double if they continue the series.

In thinking more and more about this topic I think I would rather see a second season of Wolverine and the X-men. Of course with another title to less the use of Wolverine but I think that cartoon had nice mix of X-men and stories

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Okay, so maybe she was kind of useless in action scenes. But she had a purpose in the X-Men "family". That's why she ended up in the main cast when she was originally going to be a side character. The cast was originally going to be something like Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit and Jubilee. From there as the writers and showrunners came to like more and more of the characters, the cast expanded from five to nine. Having Beast as a main character was one of the things they had the hardest time selling Marvel and Fox on, which is why he spent most of the first season in prison.