View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I love the 90s cartoon but y'all need to move on.

Just make something good like Sony's Spectacular Spidey.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As an X-Men fan who absolutely LOATHED X-Men TAS...If this is green-lit, I hope we get awesome ground-breaking animation and fantastic stellar voice acting and characterisation.
    It's 2019. Disney gonna cheap out like they do on Avengers and Spidey.
    "Cable was right!"

It can be a not direct sequel.
    Starting with Grant Morrison's New X-men.
    Cassandra Nova would be a great antagonist in season 1.
    Then we could have Astonishing X-men in season 2.
    House of M and Decimation in season 3.
    Messiah Trilogy in season 4.
    God Dammit! I'm becaming a fanfic writer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's 2019. Disney gonna cheap out like they do on Avengers and Spidey.
    I think that's more Marvel's fault. Ducktales looks stellar.

BANNED

I hope the irony of the creators (and fans) of the X, a franchise built almost entirely on themes of evolution and social progress, being so obsessed with nostalgia isn't lost on anyone. It's a strangely conservative mindset, this pining for a golden yesterday that wasn't really as golden as we remember it, that has a stranglehold on this very thematically liberal narrative.

No, thank you. I'd like something new. It doesn't have to be "all-new" but FFS, a little new would be nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    I hope the irony of the creators (and fans) of the X, a franchise built almost entirely on themes of evolution and social progress, being so obsessed with nostalgia isn't lost on anyone. It's a strangely conservative mindset, this pining for a golden yesterday that wasn't really as golden as we remember it, that has a stranglehold on this very thematically liberal narrative.

No, thank you. I'd like something new. It doesn't have to be "all-new" but FFS, a little new would be nice.
    It's the opposite of the illusion of change. It's the reality of stagnation and regression.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I love the 90s cartoon but y'all need to move on.
    Have you seen the new Marvel cartoons? They suck. Guardians sucks. Avengers sucks. Spider-Man sucks, too. It's like whoever writes it is hopped up on Pixie Stix and Red bull.

You're assuming that this is nostalgia. The show was one of the very few times in the history of TV where the comics were brought across, nearly 1 for 1. They tackled adult themes on a network where you couldn't show guns and had to use "blasters". Where you couldn't show any blood, yet somehow Wolverine still managed to come off as badass. The animation was... rough. The VAing, while fun, was lower quality than today. But it is the only time outside movies where the comic storylines were brought across.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Have you seen the new Marvel cartoons? They suck. Guardians sucks. Avengers sucks. Spider-Man sucks, too. It's like whoever writes it is hopped up on Pixie Stix and Red bull.
    I think it's because they assume their audience is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the WaTXM comic basically was a cartoon, so you're not off there .

But I'd rather a new X-Men cartoon be more hard-hitting and impactful. More Young Justice and less Ultimate Spider-Man.
    I'd love something with the gravitas of Young Justice. That is an excellent cartoon!

If X-Men the Animated Series come back, I'd like for it to have that kind of tone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You're assuming that this is nostalgia. The show was one of the very few times in the history of TV where the comics were brought across, nearly 1 for 1. They tackled adult themes on a network where you couldn't show guns and had to use "blasters". Where you couldn't show any blood, yet somehow Wolverine still managed to come off as badass. The animation was... rough. The VAing, while fun, was lower quality than today. But it is the only time outside movies where the comic storylines were brought across.
    Batman TAS did all of that too without ageing in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think that's more Marvel's fault. Ducktales looks stellar.
    I just want to know who commissioned the cartoons or animation to be produced so on the cheap. Even storyboard artists that have worked on the Marvel cartoons have pointed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Batman TAS did all of that too without ageing in the slightest.
    Batman brought the characters (and well) but it didn't have arching stories from the comics to bring across, at least as I am aware. I loved Batman: TAS but I never really read Batman comics.

But X-Men TAS brought about One Man's Worth, Legacy Virus, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix, Phalanx Covenant, and Savage Land with very minor changes.

Astonishing Member

Eh, evolution is not actually about ‘progression’, it’s about adapting to the environment, finding a niche. Adapting can mean change, but not all ‘change’ is good sometimes it’s bad and sometimes it’s neither. And even if a adaptation is ‘successful’ that doesn’t mean to better or more advanced than another adaptation. (Don’t know why but wonky comic science is bugging me today. )

Anyway, I personally don’t think this show is going to happen, but TAS was one of marvel’s most successful cartoons. If it’s gets green lit, that will be the reason, not a writer’s ‘mu nostalgia’.

Mighty Member

Technically, we've gotten a pseudo-continuation in the form of the X-Men 92 comics.

Still, if they brought this back, I wouldn't want the show to ride the nostalgia train. If you need to bring the show back, I guess jump forth a few decades in order to make sure you can't simply wave your hands and backtrack, not that it stops the comics themselves but I digress.