View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

It'd only be of interest of me if they were to bring in a lot of more recent material into the mix.

I'm not saying you need to put Goldballs on the team... but, maybe I am saying they'd need to put Goldballs on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Batman TAS did all of that too without ageing in the slightest.
    Was just about to say the same, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Batman brought the characters (and well) but it didn't have arching stories from the comics to bring across, at least as I am aware. I loved Batman: TAS but I never really read Batman comics.

But X-Men TAS brought about One Man's Worth, Legacy Virus, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix, Phalanx Covenant, and Savage Land with very minor changes.
    Not sure I see the advantage here.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Was just about to say the same, myself.

Not sure I see the advantage here.
    Part of the reason the X-Men series worked is seeing the comics come to animated life.

Part of the reason the X-Men series worked is seeing the comics come to animated life.
    And that's the part that seems to have aged the worst about it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Different times...As a broke ass 7 yo kid when the show started in the peak of the collectors booming bubble where comics were expensive and hard to find I loved how it was so much like the comic continuity. The internet/search engines didn’t exist as it is today back in 92-96.

I love the show but hope it does not return, the animation has aged but the stories haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Different times...As a broke ass 7 yo kid when the show started in the peak of the collectors booming bubble where comics were expensive and hard to find I loved how it was so much like the comic continuity. The internet/search engines didn’t exist as it is today back in 92-96.

I love the show but hope it does not return, the animation has aged but the stories haven’t.
    Fair enough, I can understand that, seeing as I tend to seek out Spider-Man material that has parallels to the movies I was introduced with. Still, I have found that better adaptations of stuff like this tend to be the ones that get the spirit of the franchise and the characters right, but tell new stories with the building blocks.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

No, but they should bring back X-Men Evolution which let's be honest was way better.

Something is planned. We've just seen some art showing various Marvel characters, including Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm, with the three Disney XD cartoons' logos at the bottom... and one for X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Something is planned. We've just seen some art showing various Marvel characters, including Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm, with the three Disney XD cartoons' logos at the bottom... and one for X-Men.
    Not to mention the Cyclops and Storm designs are pretty much original.

They had to base those off something, and I doubt they had movie designs all prepped and ready for the X-Men without an MCU movie coming out in the next few years.

Love the original animated series but no thanks; this is Disney’s chance to hook in a young audience the way the fox movies couldn’t on their own. TAS did that for a generation, so did Evolution to a lesser extent and to the 7 real kids who watched watxm you’re the real ones. Anyways if they do put together a new series I’d love to see lesser-adapted storylines take charge: weapon x has been done to death at this point and as much as apocalypse and co. has it’s fascinating aspects it’s been done too and don’t even get me started on the phoenix saga. I saw people mention the messiah trilogy or second coming: I’d love to see how these play out in a cartoon medium. Give us House of M, Schism, stuff that hasn’t been done but can be a “ jumping off” point for the lil tykes, introducing them to modern story elements. Give us AvX, that’d be a crowd pleaser for the kiddos. Give us some Morrison inspired stories, Academy x, etc. Hell i’ll Take anything that feels fresh

Yeah, the New X-Men era does seem like a good starting point. Most of the stories from that point on have never been used in the cartoons, nor have most of the current teens (did anyone other than X-23 show up in Wolverine and the X-Men?).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Any links to the art?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I voted for something new. As much as I love TAS, they've had their shot. Let another creative team handle it, but please, PLEASE let it be different than the current crap Marvel's airing. Make the X-Men a total break point in the animation line. Their output has been pretty poor since they cancelled Avengers: EMH.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I don't think they should bring it back. Marvel cartoons are beyond childish and very bad. X-Men TAS worked because IT was far from a childish cartoon as marvel cartoons are now, if they bring it back with Disney XD, it could destroy the entire legacy of X-Men TAS. This is not a Batman TAS or Superman TAS situation, DC still delivers with cartoons. Marvel doesn't anymore. The only marvel cartoon to be excited about is Spiderverse 2.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I voted for something new. As much as I love TAS, they've had their shot. Let another creative team handle it, but please, PLEASE let it be different than the current crap Marvel's airing. Make the X-Men a total break point in the animation line. Their output has been pretty poor since they cancelled Avengers: EMH.
    I have given up with marvel cartoons at this point. There can still be some good with crap. This is just another causality of the Disney bad methodical thinking they use on Marvel. What is more upsetting is Marvel's animation line won't improve now they have X-Men back.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-09-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Any links to the art?