Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default MCU Captain Marvel vs. All Might

The, arguably, strongest hero form the MCU takes on the strongest hero from MHA in the arena.

No time limit for All Might's powers.

Who wins this one?

BANNED

How's Carol's combat speed?

All Might is waaay faster than Captain Marvel in combat speed and noticeably stronger (you don't see Carol changing the weather with her punches). But Captain Marvel is waaay more durable than All Might and can fly.

If All Might were truly bloodlusted and knew Carol's strengths, I suppose he could try to gouge out her eyes at the opening bell even though it's not his MO. He definitely has the speed to blitz her combat-wise. But if he just goes for punches Carol should be able to weather it long enough for All Might to start to tire.

I am guessing common knowledge at the time we see All Might does not include knowledge of his time limit. Because Carol's best option, if she knows of it, would be to simply fly around in circles at her far greater travel-speed and wait a few hours for him to run out of gas for his muscle form.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I am guessing common knowledge at the time we see All Might does not include knowledge of his time limit. Because Carol's best option, if she knows of it, would be to simply fly around in circles at her far greater travel-speed and wait a few hours for him to run out of gas for his muscle form.
    All Might doesn't have a time limit in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    All Might doesn't have a time limit in this fight.
    Silly me. Then yeah okay. Ignore the last paragraph.

Mighty Member

All Might is waaay faster than Captain Marvel in combat speed and noticeably stronger (you don't see Carol changing the weather with her punches). But Captain Marvel is waaay more durable than All Might and can fly.

If All Might were truly bloodlusted and knew Carol's strengths, I suppose he could try to gouge out her eyes at the opening bell even though it's not his MO. He definitely has the speed to blitz her combat-wise. But if he just goes for punches Carol should be able to weather it long enough for All Might to start to tire.
    No. Just no. Carol is nowhere near as durable as the first Nomo, whom All Might had to hit with 300 Mighty Punches to send him into the upper atmosphere and knock him out of the fight.

She's never even getting off the ground, she is soooooo outclassed here by every measurable metric. No live action hero has any business getting into the ring with a full powered All Might.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    No. Just no. Carol is nowhere near as durable as the first Nomo, whom All Might had to hit with 300 Mighty Punches to send him into the upper atmosphere and knock him out of the fight.

She's never even getting off the ground, she is soooooo outclassed here by every measurable metric. No live action hero has any business getting into the ring with a full powered All Might.
    Carol is absolutely more durable than the first Nomu, unless you're arguing the Nomu can fling itself through an interstellar dreadnought the size of a hill. All Might, for that matter, is less durable than the first Nomu. All Might, at least in the first fight we ever see him take any damage from anything beyond his own time limit, took far fewer hits than he gave and it utterly drained him of everything he had. Even Bakugou's tiny uncharged explosions can sting All Might.

No live action hero has any business getting into the ring with a full powered All Might.
    I think Smallville Clark would beg to differ. All Might's fast but I don't see him being that fast.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

Carol is absolutely more durable than the first Nomu, unless you're arguing the Nomu can fling itself through an interstellar dreadnought the size of a hill. All Might, for that matter, is less durable than the first Nomu. All Might, at least in the first fight we ever see him take any damage from anything beyond his own time limit, took far fewer hits than he gave and it utterly drained him of everything he had. Even Bakugou's tiny uncharged explosions can sting All Might.
    Are you seriously suggesting the All Might couldn't obliterate said Dreadnought with a single mighty punch? Because he would. You know it. I know it. Everyone who has seen My Hero Academia knows it. All Might is just that powerful. And the first Nomo tanked 300 mighty punches, got launched into the upper atmosphere, and lived.

I know you want to hype Carol here, but the feats really aren't there. She's getting hit at the start of the battle. She's getting hit a lot. By someone who punches much, much harder than Thanos with the power stone. There will be no time to react. All Might's coming and there's nothing she can do to stop him from hitting her. And hitting her. And still hitting her.

All Might is like nothing she's ever faced before. She's getting pummeled and it won't be pretty.

I think Smallville Clark would beg to differ. All Might's fast but I don't see him being that fast.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Welling's, Reeve's, and Cain's Supermen are probably the only live action heroes that can defeat powered up All Might. Powered up All Might certainly destroys everyone in the MCU with absolute ease.

What are All Mights best feats? I've seen United States of Smash. I mean his regular stuff like Mighty Punch, speed etc.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What are All Mights best feats? I've seen United States of Smash. I mean his regular stuff like Mighty Punch, speed etc.
    Casual punches cause shockwaves that make DCEU Superman's shockwaves look like a little baby.

Are you seriously suggesting the All Might couldn't obliterate said Dreadnought with a single mighty punch? Because he would. You know it. I know it. Everyone who has seen My Hero Academia knows it. All Might is just that powerful. And the first Nomo tanked 300 mighty punches, got launched into the upper atmosphere, and lived.

I know you want to hype Carol here, but the feats really aren't there. She's getting hit at the start of the battle. She's getting hit a lot. By someone who punches much, much harder than Thanos with the power stone. There will be no time to react. All Might's coming and there's nothing she can do to stop him from hitting her. And hitting her. And still hitting her.

All Might is like nothing she's ever faced before. She's getting pummeled and it won't be pretty.
    First, you are basing an assumption of my motivations on nothing. I have given nothing to you about how I feel about Carol Danvers, and I will not have my motivations assumed based on nothing for the convenience of your argument.

All Might's strongest punch created a tornado that swept up buildings and rubble. If we're extremely conservative and assume Thanos has a ship roughly equivalent to Ronan's, then no, All Might cannot simply annihilate the ship in one punch. I completely agree that All Might blitzes Carol. But Carol is extremely durable. The only thing that has been shown to knock her out rather than simply knock her down was a direct hit from the power stone, an infinity gem against a person whose powers are based on infinity (and no, before anyone jumps on it, I am not saying Captain Marvel has infinite power. Merely that the nature of the science that gave her her power smacks of tech approaching the realm of infinity stones). What we do know is that she was tanking punches from a being appreciably stronger than MCU Hulk and hurling herself into giant spaceships like a living missile.

Could All Might get through her durability through a blitz? Possibly. But it's nowhere near a curbstomp.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Casual punches cause shockwaves that make DCEU Superman's shockwaves look like a little baby.
    As far as I remember those levels of shockwaves are caused by named technique punches. Regular punches whip up winds so strong superhero students can't even get near him.

If you gave Nomu the ability to fly as fast as cap, I see no reason why he couldn't just fly through any ship Cap Marvel flew through.

All Might has better durability showings than Cap Marvel by far. He tanks an All For One hit that brings down buildings. That's beyond any MCU strength and durability showing. On the absolute dregs of his power. There's no comparison.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Here's his fight against Nomu, a being that can absorb the power of physical blows to lessen the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    If you gave Nomu the ability to fly as fast as cap, I see no reason why he couldn't just fly through any ship Cap Marvel flew through.

All Might has better durability showings than Cap Marvel by far. He tanks an All For One hit that brings down buildings. That's beyond any MCU strength and durability showing. On the absolute dregs of his power. There's no comparison.
    Hulk has been smashed through an exploding building hard enough to bring it down and remained upright. It's not "buildings" but doesn't suck either.

...I am admittedly out of my element in this thread. :P
    Like a confused old man, I just don't remember how to leave.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure