• Damian Wayne

0 0%
  • Jason Todd

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Who is DC Nr. 3 based on his or her Status

Hello,
    would like to know who do you see as DC Nr. 3 or Nr. 4 or Nr. 5 in DC Ranking..

Based on Merchandise Sale, Star-Appeal etc. etc.

Oh I didnt divide for Barry,Wally or Green Lantern...

Nr.1 and Nr.2 are Superman and Batman...but who is behind..?
    Last edited by Masterff; 06-08-2019 at 03:56 AM.

For me, number three is Diana (WOnder Woman) even if she is lagging a bit behind the other two in recent years. Still, Justice League Dark and Wilson on her series have done wonder for her, if you ask me.

Number four to me is Aquaman. Ever since New 52, he has really taken a far greater prominence in the DCU canvas. That he had a very successful movies will have helped him even more.

The fifth is really... well, I don't know, really. In this list, I would guess Flash, but he isn't a character I care about much (for Barry -who is my Flash since I started comics with Flashpoint) or not at all (Wally - who isn't my Flash, even if I don't dislike him, barring character assassinations...). Green lantern... I like neither Hal, nor Guy or Kyle, but I do like John. I really love Jessica and Simon but I'm honest with myself enough to know that they aren't who anyone think first when he or she hears "Green Lantern".

So, all that said... I don't know who could be DC Number Five hero, really.

Mighty Member

I took:
    -Flash (Wally) but I wouldnt divide, because its kind of annyoing if you begin already here to seperate characters..
    -Nightwing as Nr.4
    -then Diana

Oh I forgot Catwoman...Damn, she also became more important and has more fans now..

After the World's Finest,

#3 is easily Wonder Woman as both a single character and a franchise once non-comix aspects are factored in

#4 is Aquaman as a single hero, but the Flash as a combined franchise (Barry + Wally + Jay)

#5 is Green Lantern as a combined franchise (Hal + John + Guy + Jessica)

Single characters:
    1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Aquaman
    5. Barry Allen
    6. Hal Jordan

Franchises:
    1. Batman
    2. Superman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. The Flash
    5. Green Lantern
    6. Aquaman

#3 Wonder Woman

#4 Robin primarily the Dick Grayson iconography and everything derivative of it (franchised by way of Batman and Titans).

#5 Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, seem to rotate as to what media is putting out there.

#6 SHAZAM,Supergirl, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary the Hawks....

Villains: Joker, Catwoman, Harley, Lex, ....

Can't vouch for the material she appears in, yet Harley has really become somewhat of a merchandising phenomenon, rivaling Joker; from clothes, toys, figures, costumes, products, etc..-

Last edited by Güicho; 06-08-2019 at 01:15 PM.

What about the Joker?

There's been a hell of a lot of merchandising with his smiling face, even well before that Suicide Squad movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What about the Joker?

There's been a hell of a lot of merchandising with his smiling face, even well before that Suicide Squad movie.
    You can only bring 15 OPTIONS in a Poll and at the moment I was creating the Poll couldnt remember more than 10 or so, but now I see that I left many out like:

-Green Arrow
    -Catwoman
    -Black Canary
    -Zatanna
    -Spectre
    -Constantine
    -Harley
    -Joker

I saw that Catwomans Comic sell good...

Wonder Woman was a real life U.N. ambassador for a day. She's a symbol that extends beyond even Superman or Batman. She was perhaps the most successful part of the DCEU movies and is held to equal importance of Batman and Superman in-universe. Her comics themselves never set the charts on fire though.

Dick Grayson is DC's third most published character (for now) and established both sidekicks and generational legacy to the DCU. He was also a lead of both shows that headlined the DCU streaming service. He is a valuable character of both the Batman and Titans franchises, which nets him double exposure.

The Flash has a pretty popular TV show that has actually perhaps been the one case where other media has really boosted a comic. He was consistently DC's highest non-Batman/Superman/JL book until...

Green Lantern got Morrison. Between this and Johns, GL has been the hero behind Superman/Batman who lands strong creators and sales. Blackest Night was so huge people who don't even read comics were into it. He was floundering for a while after the movie, but is on the uptick.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Retired

Realistically, I'd say Green Lantern for the comics. With maybe the Flash sometimes overtaking GL. Wonder Woman has never been a big hit with the male geeks that read comics. And she was mainly kept in publication for rights issues and because she's a strong commercial item. But like Batman and Superman, the Green Lantern concept is able to spawn and support many characters within the franchise.

Yes, the WONDER WOMAN move was a big hit (AQUAMAN was actually bigger), but we haven't seen the comics respond to that success with a consistent approach to the character. It's almost like the publishers don't care about Diana--and she keeps being bounced from one creative team to another, without any long term plan for her that might bring in more readers. They get mileage out of calling her the third member of the "Trinity"--but this rings hollow. She's mainly valuable for selling merchandise.

Wonder Woman, IMO
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Wouldn’t number 3 be Superman? Batman is obviously number 1 but Wonder Woman has real world impact. She is a symbol for lots of people. Superman started everything but in 2019, he’s just another white guy who flies. That’s harsh but I don’t know why he’d be above 3 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Wouldn’t number 3 be Superman? Batman is obviously number 1 but Wonder Woman has real world impact. She is a symbol for lots of people. Superman started everything but in 2019, he’s just another white guy who flies. That’s harsh but I don’t know why he’d be above 3 at this point.
    No, he'd still be way above any of DC's characters with the possible exception of Batman, especially if one takes into account (as the OP said to include):
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    . . . Based on Merchandise Sale, Star-Appeal etc. etc. . . .
    Overall, especially among the general population, most of who probably don't read comic books, the character is too iconic and appears on so much merchandising.
    He's legendary. If you say "Superman", almost anybody would know who you're talking about. Most of the world doesn't care about how many copies of his comic book were sold last month.

1) Batman
    2) Superman
    3) Wonder Woman
    4) The Flash
    5) Aquaman

That's how they currently rank. The big 3 have consistently been that way but spots 4 and 5 change depending on the exposure said character gets. Green Lantern used to be ahead of Flash and Aquaman, but in 2019 that franchises beat days are behind them. Flash has a successful tv show that moves merchandise and Aquaman has DC's most successful (money wise) film to date.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

I think you could make a case for Harley Quinn being the Number 3 at least in last years.

If we just look at the classics, I think there isn't really a clear Nr. 3. Wonder Woman, the Flash and Green Lantern are pretty equal and with each of them having their ups and downs, depending on the creative team and appearances in other media.

I don't really see Aquaman on their level. Ok he had a very successful movie, but his comics sales are still pretty weak in comparison to the other 3.

he’s just another white guy who flies.
    LOL you have to ignore so much about him to whittle him down to just that.

That’s harsh but I don’t know why he’d be above 3 at this point.
    So besides Batman franchise whose at DC are you putting above him?
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-08-2019 at 01:58 PM.