Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superman and Thor swap rogues galleries

Kal-El takes on Thor Odinson's top baddies, and vice versa, Arena style, one on one, standard gear allowed, current main canon comic book versions only.

Superman's Rogues:

1. Lexosuit Luthor
    2. Brainiac
    3. Zod
    4. Doomsday
    5. Mongul
    6. Cyborg Superman
    7. Bizarro
    8. Maxima
    9. Mxy

Thor's Rogues:

1. Loki
    2. Hela
    3. Surtur
    4. Mangog
    5. Destroyer
    6. Skurge
    7. Fenris
    8. Malekith
    9. Midgard Serpent

Which hero does better against the other's rogues gallery?

Bonus: take the heroes out of it and just let the villains of both galleries fight each other. Who is in the final four standing?

Thor does well against the ones that don't have a speed edge on him.

As for rogues vs rogues, it turns into Surtur vs Mxy and I'm taking Mxy.

Well, guys like Bizarro and Zod would blitz the hell out of Odinson, and I’m not sure what Supes is supposed to do against Surtur, Mangog or possibly even Destroyer. Those three Thor villains are kinda out of his paygrade as well and he usually just sort of ‘survives’ them or gets through by pure dumb luck or trickery.

Edit: Oh, I missed Mxy. Yeah, Thor’s screwed there too.

So

Supes loses to
    Surtur
    Mangog
    Destroyer

Thor loses to
    Mxy
    Bizarro
    Zod
    Cyborg Superman (b/c speed-blitz)

Safe to say each can handle the rest of the others rogues gallery in Rumbles setting?

Maxima has superspeed and telepathy. She beats Thor via mind whammy

BANNED

depends. classic thor doesn't seem to resist telepathy but then during AvsX he was able to resist phoenix Emmas tp. then again given the questionable outcomes of some of the bouts it may not count for much.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    depends. classic thor doesn't seem to resist telepathy but then during AvsX he was able to resist phoenix Emmas tp. then again given the questionable outcomes of some of the bouts it may not count for much.
    He's got some resistance, it just craps out against the higher-end telepaths. Which ... I mean Marvel got telepaths in the divorce, DC got the speedsters.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's got some resistance, it just craps out against the higher-end telepaths. Which ... I mean Marvel got telepaths in the divorce, DC got the speedsters.
    it's a pity Martian manhunter dubbilex maxima pre robot braniac Saturn girl omen max Lord just didn't gain the stature of the X-MEN telepaths and vice versa in case of the speedsters.

it's a pity Martian manhunter dubbilex maxima pre robot braniac Saturn girl omen max Lord just didn't gain the stature of the X-MEN telepaths and vice versa in case of the speedsters.
    Eh, gives them both a niche.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

They're all telepaths of varying power. Martian Manhunter for instance is easily above Emma Frost and well in the Xavier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not really. Some DC telepaths are pretty high end. There is no general pattern of Marvel telepaths being higher end, or even more numerous, unlike the speed thing

In the same story, Xavier put him to sleep

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Eh, Marvel at least puts more spotlight on their telepaths. Like, maybe not more telepaths, but more appearances for telepaths. I'd be shocked if that weren't the case.

That doesn't touch how powerful any of them are in comparison to each other. Lots of one shot characters wind up crazy powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Not really. Some DC telepaths are pretty high end. There is no general pattern of Marvel telepaths being higher end, or even more numerous, unlike the speed thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Eh, Marvel at least puts more spotlight on their telepaths. Like, maybe not more telepaths, but more appearances for telepaths. I'd be shocked if that weren't the case.

That doesn't touch how powerful any of them are in comparison to each other. Lots of one shot characters wind up crazy powerful.
    Yea I was referring more to the amount of telepaths/amount of telepaths we see. DC definitely plays with speeders more. Plus I'll never miss the opportunity to make a joke about Marvel/DC being a divorced couple ... I miss crossovers.

Arx Inosaan

Ultimate Member

As everyone has noted, the super speed guys basically “Andy Ruiz” Thor here.

Superman could probably throw the Midgard serpent off the Earth but guys like Surtur, Destroyer, Mangog are probably a bit too much for Supes (outside of power ups like flying through multiple suns in the sixth dimension or something).

Mxy though is out of everyone’s pay grade on the list.