Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Two follow-up questions:

1. Who's demonstrated the better TP resistance between Kal and Odinson?

2. Just how powerful a telepath is current Maxima? I don't recall her TP ever affecting Kal. Was she just not using it or did Kal just resist it well?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Both of them are pretty inconsistent for their resistance TBH. I thnk trying to pick one over the other feels like a pretty painful process. It almost isn't worth thinking about.

When it comes to Mangog and the Destroyer, couldn't Supes just beat them via superspeed space toss?

Granted, they're tougher than him, but that should work in Rumbles terms.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    When it comes to Mangog and the Destroyer, couldn't Supes just beat them via superspeed space toss?

They can just keep coming back. Well, the Destroyer can, I forget if Mangog can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    They can just keep coming back. Well, the Destroyer can, I forget if Mangog can fly.
    Mangog can't fly.

And I guess if we're granting the Destroyer an external character's control, or unlimited life force, it could return. But without a controller, operating independently, it should just run out of life force before it can return.

Mangog can't fly.

And I guess if we're granting the Destroyer an external character's control, or unlimited life force, it could return. But without a controller, operating independently, it should just run out of life force before it can return.
    Ehhhhnn.... It doesn't have that comparatively far to fly really.

So...what is current Rebirth Superman actual speed feats?

The sun amped universe busting feat had him moving at so many times FTL the whole dimension was reverberating as a side effect

More relevant stuff includes intercepting a bullet already fired while he was on the phone with Lois telling him she was 20 minutes away. He hears the gunshot on the phone and intercepts it

His best quantifiable feat had the narrator talking about reactions and events happening in femtoseconds and attoseconds but more relevant probably is him intercepting a bullet fired by a gun held to the temple of the victim, while he is in the upper atmosphere

He also ran through time on Flash's cosmic treadmill

Mangog managed to jump from place to place before reaching the floating Asgard palace out in deep space if I recall. It was silly and mostly off screen, but the dude seems pretty well equipped for "jumping" through empty space.

Jane Thor even tossed him off the palace and into the sun and he managed to leap out. With his leg muscles. In space lol. All the way back to the palace. It's pretty silly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Mangog managed to jump from place to place before reaching the floating Asgard palace out in deep space if I recall. It was silly and mostly off screen, but the dude seems pretty well equipped for "jumping" through empty space.

Jane Thor even tossed him off the palace and into the sun and he managed to leap out. With his leg muscles. In space lol. All the way back to the palace. It's pretty silly.
    I know when I'm beaten.

I retract my argument.

I know when I'm beaten.

I retract my argument.
    Your argument was fine, but... MANGOG CARES NOT FOR ARGUMENTS! OR PHYSICS!!

A BILLION, BILLION CURSES ON ALL WHO WOULD DARE TO SUGGEST THE COLD EXPANSE OF SPACE COULD STOP MIGHTY MANGOG!!!

*proceeds to trampoline from one nebula to another, Mangog style*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Your argument was fine, but... MANGOG CARES NOT FOR ARGUMENTS! OR PHYSICS!!

A BILLION, BILLION CURSES ON ALL WHO WOULD DARE TO SUGGEST THE COLD EXPANSE OF SPACE COULD STOP MIGHTY MANGOG!!!

*proceeds to trampoline from one nebula to another, Mangog style*
    So if we get someone to jump at the same time as Mangog, we could potentially launch him into a black hole.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So if we get someone to jump at the same time as Mangog, we could potentially launch him into a black hole.
    Double-jump our way to victory, eh?
    - big_adventure

Double-jump our way to victory, eh?
    Video games are useful ! Take that mom !
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So which of these swapped fights are the most evenly matched for Superman and Thor?

Please don't tell me is it's all either "The hero wipes the floor with the villain" or "the villain wipes the floor with the hero" curbstomps here.