Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Tigra Omnibus type book

Just read on another website that Marvel is gonna release a Tigra volume in December. It’s gonna include Greer Nelson’s original appearances from CLAWS OF THE CAT. Can’t lie, I am gonna be ‘in’ for this! I have been a fan of Tigra for a long time. Although, not wild about her romance and kid with Pym.

But I am looking forward to this!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This was probably the biggest surprise I've seen in a while. Happy about it but very shocked.

Incredible Member

I missed the announcement but supposedly this is due to an upcoming Disney+ series ‘Tigra and Dazzler’.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I missed the announcement but supposedly this is due to an upcoming Disney+ series ‘Tigra and Dazzler’.
    Hulu, not Disney+, but yeah, I'm sure it's related.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Those old Claws stories were very good. I have not read them in many, many years. I wish they would have kept Greer as the Cat for 4-5 years longer than they did before transforming her into Tigra. I wanted to see more Cat action!

I wonder what other stories will be included in the Omnibus?

Marvel’s feline fury is on the prowl! Before Greer Grant Nelson became Tigra, she was the Cat – a costumed hero taking on foes like the Owl and the Man-Bull. But an encounter with the mystical Cat People soon unlocked her full potential – and Greer became Tigra, the Were-Woman! Transformed into a feline fighting force, Tigra soon made her mark on the Marvel Universe – clashing with Werewolf By Night, Kraven the Hunter, Red Wolf and more, and leaping into action alongside the Thing and Spider-Man! Plus, join Tigra on the trail of a killer in a moody crime drama illustrated by Mike Deodato Jr.!

COLLECTING: THE CAT 1-4; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 8, 67; GIANT-SIZE CREATURES 1; MARVEL CHILLERS 3-7; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 19; MARVEL PREMIERE 42; TIGRA 1-4; MATERIAL FROM MONSTERS UNLEASHED (1973) 10; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 125

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...omics-tv-show/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This was probably the biggest surprise I've seen in a while. Happy about it but very shocked.
    And this is the difference between Marvel & DC.

Marvel will toss out stuff like for almost whoever is in a movie or tv show. In order to get a book on shelf in case anyone wants to read about that character.

Dc will give you excuses or not bother as we seen with Vixen and others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvel’s feline fury is on the prowl! Before Greer Grant Nelson became Tigra, she was the Cat – a costumed hero taking on foes like the Owl and the Man-Bull. But an encounter with the mystical Cat People soon unlocked her full potential – and Greer became Tigra, the Were-Woman! Transformed into a feline fighting force, Tigra soon made her mark on the Marvel Universe – clashing with Werewolf By Night, Kraven the Hunter, Red Wolf and more, and leaping into action alongside the Thing and Spider-Man! Plus, join Tigra on the trail of a killer in a moody crime drama illustrated by Mike Deodato Jr.!

COLLECTING: THE CAT 1-4; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 8, 67; GIANT-SIZE CREATURES 1; MARVEL CHILLERS 3-7; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 19; MARVEL PREMIERE 42; TIGRA 1-4; MATERIAL FROM MONSTERS UNLEASHED (1973) 10; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 125
    That's quite the collection -- and spanning quite the range of her career! Most of it is her early solo material (which is fantastic to have all collected in one handy volume), but that Tigra miniseries is from the early 2000s.

This is great news for Tigra fans!

I wonder if Dazzler will get something too, since they're doing this because of their Hulu show. She had quite a long running solo back in the day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

at what point did she gain a tail?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at what point did she gain a tail?
    Years ago real time now. It was after Greer had her Cat-Soul removed and then re-merged while Greer wore Patsy Walker's Hellcat costume. Greer became faster, stronger, more powerful overall and could change back to human form, if she wished. She also grew a tail had had more stripes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...omics-tv-show/
    This is a thicker TPB than right? Like the ones for Frankenstein, Machine Man, Son of Satan or the upcoming Speedball.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yes, Tigra is thicc alright
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

While I would have preferred a Cat/Tigra Masterworks, I am very psyched about this. Cat definitely had potential, but the creative team changed from issue to issue. Also the first issue benefited from having Roy Thomas co-plot the story. Linda Fite didn't have the chops to continue on her own. But I loved the concept of the Cat. As fun as Hellcat is/was, she was a very watered-down version of the Cat.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Pretty sure I have all the issues mentioned above(digifiend's post), as I was a big Cat and then Tigra fan, until she became all 'sex-kittenish,' but it'd be really nice to have everything all in one volume as might be the case. Didn't see it in the previews though--did I miss that?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet