Spectacular Member

Question Help me understand who is the real Steve Rogers.

Hi guys

Ever since secret empire, I have this unexplained confusion and discomfort over Steve Rogers.

In Secret Empire, Steve Rogers was revealed to be a Hydra agent due to brainwashing by Red Skull and Kobik. Later on, we see a version of Rogers in a dark place along with the Red Skrull, who was killed by Hydra Cap. This place was revealed as Kobik's memory. At the end of the event, Kobik, along with other heroes managed to rescue the Rogers inside Kobik's Memory and defeat Hydra Supreme.

In my mind, the Rogers that defeat Hydra Supreme is Kobik's imaginary friend nothing more.

My question is this:

Who is the real Steve Rogers, Hydra Supreme or the one who beat him?

And was the Rogers inside Kobik's memory really an imaginary friend, or was it a real Rogers who is from the past?

BANNED

According to Nick Spenser who stated it on Twitter once the dream cap or the original cap preserved in kobiks memory came back he became the real cap and hydra cap became the imposter. you figure it out how that works or if it's even a satisfactory explanation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    According to Nick Spenser who stated it on Twitter once the dream cap or the original cap preserved in kobiks memory came back he became the real cap and hydra cap became the imposter. you figure it out how that works or if it's even a satisfactory explanation.
    I tried to wrap my head on this for seconds before I got totally lost LOL

So was "dream cap" the original all along or the other way around?

BANNED

rather it all depended on kobik as to which cap should even exist let alone be real. if she so wished she might as well have erased hydra cap and any trace of his existence but didn't to ensure that the MU remembers not to blindly trust cap again. Some have theorised that the current cap is a back up copy of the original cap that kobik preserved before she altered him that she made real. so in a manner of speaking he both is and isn't the original cap. lol.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 06-08-2019 at 06:00 AM.

I, too, just recently finished reading Secret Empire. I loved it!

But yea, so Hydra Cap is our cap physically but with total mental reboot. So he is physically the Cap we all know and love but with altered memory.

Now the Kobiks Cap is Steve’s actually memory and his actual thoughts but without the body. So at the end they extracted Steve from Kobiks mind.

If you are asking who’s the real Steve. Well, personal identity is confusing. What makes you, you? Is it just your body and physical form? Or the memory and thoughts?
    Last edited by BitParallel; 06-08-2019 at 06:09 AM.

In Standoff, Kobik basically erases Steve from existence as she remakes history to create Hydra Cap and he appears to help the Avengers. In Secret Empire, we learn that, independent of this, Steve's consciousness/soul/existence/whatever still exists independently of whatever was happening on Earth in her dream dimension. At the end of Secret Empire, Kobik pulls Steve out of that dimension in a rejuvenated body and undos her changes to history after Stevil is defeated.

So the dream Steve is the real one, because he was in there all along, and Stevil is the aberration.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate