Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positivity

Fantastic Member

Really enjoying the current Teen Titans run, Batman Last Knight on Earth was great, DCeased with only two issues as me on the hook. Just brought the current Justice League run on sale and liked what I have read so far. Going to be finishing up Super-Sons, and looking forward to reading more of the current Detective Comics run.
    I am looking forward to the Batman and Catwoman book coming out in 2020.

I like threads like this because when I see all negativity, I think it causes me to believe it causes readers to feel that there is nothing of quality being published and that is simply not true.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like Mitch Gerads art. I think he fits Tom King's style better than the more mainstream looking artist like Janin, Finch, or Mann.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I adore Yasmine Putri's artwork and I am glad that she does a lot of variant covers. They are all unbelievable beautiful.

Batman: Last Knight on Earth has an awesome first issue with a lot of emotion and an interesting concept.

I'm looking forward to how Year of the Villain and Leviathan will unfold. Give me Lex Luthor, Ra's al Ghul and Deathstroke all day long.

I enjoyed Immortal Men and Silencer from the New Age of Heroes initiative and am hyped that Silencer will have an appearance in Event Leviathan.
    I loved the concept of NAoH, so I'm always stoked if NAoH characters are included in other stories.

I few years ago I would have never believed that I'd be interested in reading Justice League, but here I am enjoying the title. I haven't read JL Dark and Odyssey yet but both titles look promising. I love that DC is developing its magic and space adventure corner.

Tom Taylor is doing his magic again on DCeased.

Kudos to Adam Glass for creating Teen Titans' Crush, Djinn and Roundhouse.

I love how excited Jason Fabok is about the Three Jokers story. That makes me even more excited.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really wanted to get in on Wonder Twins but couldn't justify adding it to the budget. Definitely interested in the trade as soon as it hits though. How's it been?
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It's been Wonder-ful. Mark Russell is such a gift.

It's just been announced that the 6 issue mini-series for Wonder Twins has been extended to a 12 issue maxi-series.

Here is the cover for issue #7.

Current stuff? I'm enjoying the heck out of Shazam! Geoff Johns has made it a really fun and light-hearted book. The movie also lived up to my expectations and was a pure delight.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I have hope on Scott Lobdell working on Wally West. I like how he has deal with Jason Todd and, even considering his past work, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,because he won my trust with Red Hood.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Current stuff? I'm enjoying the heck out of Shazam! Geoff Johns has made it a really fun and light-hearted book. The movie also lived up to my expectations and was a pure delight.
    You also just got the confirmation of A-List talent bringing the JSA back
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    You also just got the confirmation of A-List talent bringing the JSA back
    Heck yes!!! Can't wait!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Only two issues in and I'm already liking Batman and the Outsiders. It's always nice to see Cassandra and Jeff. And O do like that they're finally trying with Signal.

Fantastic Member

Finally getting to Snyder's Batman run, I kind of hope if he is writing JSA that he brings back Batman's connection to Wildcat. Also, it brings back the complete respect that the Justice League has for the JSA. Does anyone else remember those Thanksgiving issues? Please let those come back. Now that I think about Snyder's writing this book, I am getting more excited.

Amazing Member

Cool Wonder Twins cover, though it's always hilarious to see Batman or Robin depicted as swinging through the city like Spider-Man. A split-second after this image, Batman is going to start swinging backwards while the rest of the team is still flying forwards.

Anyway, positivity! I will keep this Wonder Twins series in mind once it's collected. They were always fun.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've drastically cut back on my DC pulls for financial reasons but I'm very much looking forward to the new Jimmy Olsen book. It looks like its going to be a wild one and I could do with a bit of levity these days. I'm also looking forward to King's Batman/Catwoman book and to Flash Forward (ducks the rotten fruit being thrown). I've also been able to get into a lot of older DC material recently thanks to DC Universe, which is a great app that people should check out. The comics library there is amazing as are all the Original series there. I'm also really happy with the few DC books I'm currently keeping up with monthly.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

With all the hints of the return of a Pre Flashpoint continuity, I am getting happier and happier. I hope Wally and his family get redeemed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I like threads like this because when I see all negativity, I think it causes me to believe it causes readers to feel that there is nothing of quality being published and that is simply not true.
    I can get the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Only two issues in and I'm already liking Batman and the Outsiders. It's always nice to see Cassandra and Jeff. And I do like that they're finally trying with Signal.
    I second this, I'm glad to see a creative team that are passionate about these underserved characters and the book has been a blast thus far. I hope they will play with Duke and Ras al Ghul interacting in a meaningful way.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."