All-New Member

Default Help daughter learn Spanish with comic books

My daughter is learning Spanish, and she loves comic books. Is there a series of comic books that the community can recommend?

How old is she?

If she likes the newspaper-strip comics like Peanuts, the Argentine comic Mafalda by Quino is suitable for all ages.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Strong female lead:

Mafalda, Macanudo, Dosis Diarias, Condorito, Gaturro, Ogu y Mampato are good humourous comicbooks. Sadly, Condorito isn’t good nowadays, but it was good for some loud laughs as a kid. Mafalda is a great comic for both adults and children, same with Macanudo and Dosis Diarias and are a great place to start practicing spanish because they rely a lot on visuals too and the texts aren’t heavy. Ogu y Mampato (sometimes only referenced as Mampato) is about adventures and doesn’t consist on comic strips like the previous comicbooks mentioned, but in adventures that last some 40 pages each. It’s about a kid that travels through time alongside his caveman friend. Later, they are also accompanied by a girl named Rena from the future
    Last edited by Chubistian; 06-08-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH