Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star War Jedi: Fallen Order

Looks like they've got something similar to Sekiro going on with the posture/parry/deathblow system. I wish there was more combat shown off but I like it so far.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm still waiting for the catch. I don't think this game will be what EA says it is.

It looks fun but I'm not in a rush to get it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm still waiting for the catch. I don't think this game will be what EA says it is.
    EA's earned their shitty reputation, but so far they haven't messed with Respawn much.

Then again, everyone was optimistic before BF2 launched and we all saw how that turned out. I don't think a game like this will provide too many opportunities for MTX-shenanigans, so hopefully EA keeps their nose out of it and just lets Respawn work.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The catch is probably EA thinking no one will trust them and so when it doesn’t sell as well as their impossibly high standards are they can say ‘see, nobody wants single player story driven games, they want cash grab yearly battle Royales for the rest of recorded time’. I will stick it on my Christmas list anyway.

I'm not "wowed" so far but it looks like a solid and fun Star Wars game (which, frankly, with how much of EA's reputation is riding on this, I think is probably a good start).

This is interesting
    https://twitter.com/edgewalker81/sta...04209236570112

Apparently, the game is going to have more of a Metroidvania setup and not a linear one.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-18-2019 at 05:43 PM.

All-New Member

Not trusting EA with anything anymore, tbh

Aside from Disney, apparently, cracking down on dismemberment Fallen Order's looking pretty good. Now that DOOM Eternal got pushed back, this is at the top of my list.

I think they're basically saying that while it doesn't have the most original gameplay, it's a definite improvement over the Battlefronts. Seems to be getting a lot more hype than Death Stranding is at this point despite near release dates; then again, it's Star Wars....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I forgot that this comes out so soon ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Is this gonna be part of EA acess for Xbox? We usually get a game two weeks early and get a 10hr trial. Though when it's a story driven campaign they usually they only let you play one level and then you can use the rest the time either replaying that level or multiplayer features If they have it.

To answer my own question they said No Ea acess members on Xbox dont get early access to avoid spoilers. Didnt find any info on if we still get the Trial period. If this is a Single player only game then I doubt it. Maybe a demo that let's you plays the first level but no way they do the usual 10hr trial before you have to buy it

First couple of reviews seem to be mostly positive, with a few criticisms about the graphics and story.

Been enjoying it so far. Kind of reminds me a lot of the reboot Tomb Raider games, minus the gore naturally.