Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm doing it right now. Its good overall but not really what I expected as its basically Uncharted with lightsabers and force powers.

Uncharted is generally more linear, this one is considerably more complex with a good deal of backtracking, skill trees etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

I'm liking it so far too. Bought it during the steam holiday sale along with Sekiro to play on my new PC.

I am not good at parrying though so I am stuck trying to kill a Sister on Kashish

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I'm liking it so far too. Bought it during the steam holiday sale along with Sekiro to play on my new PC.

I am not good at parrying though so I am stuck trying to kill a Sister on Kashish
    If your having trouble mastering Star wars combat, get ready to pull your hair our with Sekiro. That games is unforgiving, but really gratifying once you get good at it. But I never beat the final boss. Tried about 20x and gave up. Need to try again.

I finished it this morning. I overall really enjoyed the game. The very ending was a bit predictable given the possibilities were limited due it occurring before the second trilogy of movies but the way they got to the ending . . . . WOW. The last 20 to 30 minutes of this game were some of the best Star Wars I've ever experienced in games or movies. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, don't even go looking because you'll want to experience this cold, but you will be going "******* awesome" or something like that over and over.

Wondering what direction the sequel will go into. Maybe have the crew cross paths with some of the other Inquisitors or Crimson Dawn?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wondering what direction the sequel will go into. Maybe have the crew cross paths with some of the other Inquisitors or Crimson Dawn?
    And I feel semi-obligated to throw this out there, but perhaps also a closer relationship between Cal and Mierrin. Seriously, Mierrin, even if not a love interest, is a fun character. It sucks we only really get her for the last two or so missions. Her sense of humor is also pretty good too, "I just need one of of your arms for the ritual."

My only real complaint with the game, is that maybe there should be like a fast travel option for certain areas of the map. Just so you don't have to spend 30 minutes trying to get to this one area, for 5 minutes of story (side story or otherwise). But overall, it really was a fun game. Actually kind of doing a replay right now (this time with a better idea of what I'm doing, and not spending 30 minutes running into a wall in frustration).

I wish they could have done that with the meditation circles, kind of like the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy did with the campfires (Although a lot of people point to Uncharted as an influence, FO seems to rely a lot on timing, backtracking and melee combat more like the TR reboot. The Puzzles likewise are focused on moving pieces of things in the right order while the UC puzzles are generally more simple).

Well there's the other bounty hunter group that we fight in this game. They could play a role.

I wish they could have done that with the meditation circles, kind of like the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy did with the campfires (Although a lot of people point to Uncharted as an influence, FO seems to rely a lot on timing, backtracking and melee combat more like the TR reboot. The Puzzles likewise are focused on moving pieces of things in the right order while the UC puzzles are generally more simple).
    See, that would have worked for me. It would at least get me to that general area (which is all I ask). But, no. Have to fight my way through a bunch of regular stormtroopers and the ones with batons (no big deal), the occasional wild animal (depends on which one, as some are okay, others are a pain to deal with), purge troopers (why?), and minibosses. And if I dare to heal at a meditation circle, all of them respawn!

Anyway, I look forward to the 2nd one.

The Dark Souls games added more save point warping as they went, but many players came to miss learning the intricate layout of the world by walking it. I think Castlevania has mostly had warping, while the Metroid games are more like this and open up shortcuts to get around quickly. I’ve enjoyed having to go around on foot in this one, piecing together how the world connects while looking for the last secrets in each area.