Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Godzilla (1998): Sure, it wasn't the Big G in the longtime traditional sense, and any movie that had Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) as a headliner was bound to be a big time fail, but, the flick always appealed to me.

Batman Forever: The Bat-franchise's brief descent into major league camp began here. Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell were more like frat boys in costumes, Tommy Lee Jones was wasting his time, and Jim Carrey chewed up scenes like a starving man at an all you can eat buffet. Still, it had a charm I couldn't resist.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Superman IV: I was a kid when I saw it and loved this movie. Superman fighting somebody as strong as he was, simple plot, and the Statue of Liberty getting thrown around. It was pretty cool! Watching it now, I still don't get why this movie gets so much heat. (Found it far better than Superman III and Superman Returns).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Superman IV: I was a kid when I saw it and loved this movie. Superman fighting somebody as strong as he was, simple plot, and the Statue of Liberty getting thrown around. It was pretty cool! Watching it now, I still don't get why this movie gets so much heat. (Found it far better than Superman III and Superman Returns).
    This was my first superhero movie i saw in the cinema. I was 10 years old and thought that it was best one of all the boring Reeves Superman movies out there. I still think its the best one. I dont get why the first one is the fan favorit, it is boring as hell.

And whoever posted Transformers-The Movie above...it cant be a guilty pleasure, because its a really great movie.

Does anybody still know these Ice Pirates movie? I remember seeing it a few times...bad, but a guilty pleasure, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    This was my first superhero movie i saw in the cinema. I was 10 years old and thought that it was best one of all the boring Reeves Superman movies out there. I still think its the best one. I dont get why the first one is the fan favorit, it is boring as hell.

And whoever posted Transformers-The Movie above...it cant be a guilty pleasure, because its a really great movie.

Does anybody still know these Ice Pirates movie? I remember seeing it a few times...bad, but a guilty pleasure, i guess.
    You can blame it on me, I was the one who put it there. I was only going by what the critics said, they're the ones who thought it was bad.

Anyways, here's another film I love that might be considered a guilty pleasure:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-28-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Digimon is a great movie well movies.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Digimon is a great movie well movies.
    Agreed. I love both Transformers: The Movie (1986) & Digimon: The Movie (2000). Sorry if I offended anyone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. I love both Transformers: The Movie (1986) & Digimon: The Movie (2000). Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Shame on you!

Nah, just kidding, and you are right. As much as we love certain movies, some of them, in this case TF The Movie has a bad rating with the critics. So, from this point of view, its a guilty pleasure.

watchmen, constantine, and league of extraordinary gentlemen. as a comic fan i feel like i'm not supposed to like these but i quite enjoy them for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    watchmen, constantine, and league of extraordinary gentlemen. as a comic fan i feel like i'm not supposed to like these but i quite enjoy them for what they are.
    How about V for Vendetta, Mystery Men and the Crow?

Do you find those enjoyable?

The Final Programme

Kind of cheap, trashy, and despised by the author of the book it was based on, but it's good, campy fun.

deleted post; meant to post as reply.
    Last edited by electr1cgoblin; 06-29-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Fantastic Four. (2005)

For all its sins i always have fun watching it. Even if it's pretty sad to think that to this day it's still the best F4 movie ever made.
    Absolutely agree; corny but very well cast and had a general sense of fun about it. We just won't talk about Dr. Doom.

I'd vote "Infra Man" from 1976. Bionic superhero (sort of) with lunatic monsters and "Dragonmom" for the bad guys...just too much fun to dislike.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have quite a few:

Batman & Robin: I can't help but watch this when it's on. I've thought about buying it on various occasions but then I'd be seen buying Batman & Robin.

St. Elmo's Fire: I've said before this is my "hate watch" movie. There's no plot. None of the characters are likable. The dialogue is typical 80's pablum. I don't know how this ever got labeled a "classic".

Autumn in New York: This is pure cheesy garbage. If you've ever seen any Richard Gere movie, you've already seen this one.

The Loft: I don't know how Cyclops, Judge Dredd, Captain Cold and the other gay guy from Modern Family got roped into this but they must have thrown a lot of money at them.

Elektra: I didn't find this one as bad as everyone else. It's not great but it can be fun. General Zod as Stick is interesting. Still not one I'd want to be seen buying.

Eyes Wide Shut: Boobs, yes, but that mansion was also AWESOME!

Star Trek 5: Everyone would rather forget this one existed, I know. But if it's on, I'll watch it.

There are others but I don't want to take up too much space.
    Assassinate Putin!