Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have quite a few:

Batman & Robin: I can't help but watch this when it's on. I've thought about buying it on various occasions but then I'd be seen buying Batman & Robin.

St. Elmo's Fire: I've said before this is my "hate watch" movie. There's no plot. None of the characters are likable. The dialogue is typical 80's pablum. I don't know how this ever got labeled a "classic".

Autumn in New York: This is pure cheesy garbage. If you've ever seen any Richard Gere movie, you've already seen this one.

The Loft: I don't know how Cyclops, Judge Dredd, Captain Cold and the other gay guy from Modern Family got roped into this but they must have thrown a lot of money at them.

Elektra: I didn't find this one as bad as everyone else. It's not great but it can be fun. General Zod as Stick is interesting. Still not one I'd want to be seen buying.

Eyes Wide Shut: Boobs, yes, but that mansion was also AWESOME!

Star Trek 5: Everyone would rather forget this one existed, I know. But if it's on, I'll watch it.

There are others but I don't want to take up too much space.
    I love/hate St. Elmo's Fire. It's a very frustrating movie and I think that's the point. It's a coming of age movie where all the characters are at the "of age" part of their lives. School is over and they are thrusted out into the real world trying to figure out what they're supposed to do. There is a great movie buried in there. I think if you cut out Dale, the woman Emilio Estevez's Kirby was pining after and combined his character with Kevin, the writer and his roommate it would fix a lot of issues. Kirby wouldn't look like a huge stalker and making him pine after Alley Sheedy instead of a random woman we don't really get to meet makes for more interesting drama. It tightens the character work/drama and keeps the friend group size a bit more manageable while sticking with the original ideas of the movie.

Rob Lowe's Billy who is stuck in college and reluctant to be a father or grow up really holds the movie for me. Everyone gives such great performances, it's just that a lot of story beats feel so disconnected. The way he weaves back and forth really makes him feel like the glue of the film.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    How about V for Vendetta, Mystery Men and the Crow?

Do you find those enjoyable?
    V i enjoyed but not so much i've ever gave it a 2nd view. mystery men i didn't care for on 1st view but years later it came on tv, i watched most of it and had quite a few laughs. the crow i love, might go watch it at a local theater later this year.

blankman is another one i like a lot. really not sure what the popular opinion on it is.

Boisterously Confused

...Star Trek 5: Everyone would rather forget this one existed, I know. But if it's on, I'll watch it...
    ST:FF is an enormous Shatner ego-piece buried under a mound of stock ST tropes. Yet I have the same reaction as superdeperman.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    V i enjoyed but not so much i've ever gave it a 2nd view. mystery men i didn't care for on 1st view but years later it came on tv, i watched most of it and had quite a few laughs. the crow i love, might go watch it at a local theater later this year.
    Thanks for the response. I'm rather partial towards Brandon Lee's The Crow, however the sequels are highly questionable (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    blankman is another one i like a lot. really not sure what the popular opinion on it is.
    I remember Blankman. I always confuse that with Robert Townsend's The Meteor Man.

Idle Hands. One of Jessica Alba's earlier movies and she was just as beautiful and hot then as she is now, almost 20 years later. She and Paul Rudd have been blessed with Immortality. they do not age.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Star Trek 5: Everyone would rather forget this one existed, I know. But if it's on, I'll watch it.

I liked Star Trek 5. Found it better than Generations and Insurrection.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I liked Star Trek 5. Found it better than Generations and Insurrection.
    Or Nemesis. The only Next Generation film I liked was First Contact.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!