Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think Liefeld is correct in that DC is in a management clusterfuck right now. I really doubt DC is going under. Even if they started doing losing money, the IP and merchandising that DC brings is too valuable to squander. Far more likely that WB would do a thorough restructuring and bring in a few of their own suits to run the place and make it profitable.

And while such things often go wrong, it's not like the current in-house management at DC has managed any better. Best case scenario, we get a (relatively) young hungry up-and-coming executive with an interest in pop culture.

The main risk long-term is that DC will end on a revolving door of WB managers, rather than a long-term publisher who understands publishing. But then I don't believe the current leadership at DC really thinks like publishers anyway.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think Liefeld is correct in that DC is in a management clusterfuck right now. I really doubt DC is going under. Even if they started doing losing money, the IP and merchandising that DC brings is too valuable to squander. Far more likely that WB would do a thorough restructuring and bring in a few of their own suits to run the place and make it profitable.

And while such things often go wrong, it's not like the current in-house management at DC has managed any better. Best case scenario, we get a (relatively) young hungry up-and-coming executive with an interest in pop culture.

The main risk long-term is that DC will end on a revolving door of WB managers, rather than a long-term publisher who understands publishing. But then I don't believe the current leadership at DC really thinks like publishers anyway.
    I see something like this happening within the next couple years if things stay on the path that they're on. I have no idea what Liefeld's connections are to DC right now or how reliable he is at predicting things (my guess is, not very but he may know something on the inside that we don't) but my guess is, if things don't turn around, Didio and Lee's days as management are numbered. Ironically, those rumors of a hard reboot circa 2020 might actually be in the best interest of DC right now. Who knows, that might actually be what Doomsday Clock is leading to. My biggest concern with the suits taking over is that they may phase out things like floppies or, worst case scenario, we end up with people whose idea of comics comes out of the old Batman TV show. Imagine having to sit your new boss down and having to explain to him that Nightwing is the Robin from the TV show?
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

That would be weird if you're talking about the Adam West Batman show because they did a comic book series continuing the shows plot and Robin becomes Nightwing in that comic. I think it happened by the time Wonder Woman 77 crosses over with Batman 66.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I guess that got him into a lot of trouble yesterday!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...t-controversy/
    Assassinate Putin!