Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I'd say, no, we don't need a black Hawkeye. Especially not to rival John Stewart.
    If you'd really go that way, the best counterpart to John Stewart is James Rhodes.

I wouldn't like a black hawkeye for a couple of reason.
    First, we already have two active Hawkeyes and there's still so much potential that'd be a shame.

You also have to consider Hawkeye is an outdated character. His concept (a bowman) did work in the 40's to the 60's but there is not much credibility to this character now. Same for the Green Arrow family. To "update" it you have to go the MCU way or the Ultimate way and make him a killer. A mercenary. A soldier.
    I'm against super heroes killing. And I'm a bit fed up with black military or mercenary heroes. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    which makes the 'you remind me of clint barton' stuff even lamer. remember that, originally, she didn't know much about Clint Barton. it's insulting. and she lost that contest. just one of the sloppiest hero origins ever. if Captain America were written in-character, he would have made Kate prove that she was worthy of Clint's bow.
    I think the entire point of the first Young Avengers mini was them proving themselves (not juste Kate) worthy to Steve. And the rest of the Avengers too I guess, but really if you have Steve's approval you're good. Hes the hardest to convince as far as young heroes go, given his previous Bucky issues.

Mighty Member

Also keep in mind that its disingenuous to call Hawkeye deaf guy as if it were his role. He has lost his hearing twice in continuity, but went his first 20 years or so being published with full hearing. It certainly doesn't define him as a character or a person.

Mighty Member

THere is already two Hawkeyes, and Hawkeye is not Spider-man, if you add one hawkeye it can be very confusing. But you can make "Hawkgirl" in the movie black: In the comics, she is a rich white girl who became Hawkeye because she was bored. Making her black and not privileged could make her interesting.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

They could call him Blackeye.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

is a sword less anachronistic?
    In the sense that it's a mele weapon it still fits when you've still got people going h2h. Plus then you throw in all the sci-fi swords and supernatural melee weapons and it fits right in.

But in terms of projectile weapons, anybody who reaches for a bow and arrow instead of a modern firearm or a futuristic one should be the first one taken out.

I'll make an exception if you've got some magical bow and arrow that's just super ridiculous.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In the sense that it's a mele weapon it still fits when you've still got people going h2h. Plus then you throw in all the sci-fi swords and supernatural melee weapons and it fits right in.

But in terms of projectile weapons, anybody who reaches for a bow and arrow instead of a modern firearm or a futuristic one should be the first one taken out.

I'll make an exception if you've got some magical bow and arrow that's just super ridiculous.
    The thing is though, they're not just arrows. Hawkeye's quiver is basically the equivalent of Batmans utility belt. But instead of throwing his gear, he delivers it on an arrow. He's got nets and sonics and flairs and emp's and smoke screens, etc. So in that regard it sort of makes a bit more sense.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

You could have a black archer character and call him Shaft ... um ... N-Nevermind!!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the entire point of the first Young Avengers mini was them proving themselves (not juste Kate) worthy to Steve. And the rest of the Avengers too I guess, but really if you have Steve's approval you're good. Hes the hardest to convince as far as young heroes go, given his previous Bucky issues.
    Steve vouched for Demolition Man and Sandman. he's an idiot.

Not a fan of race-switching Hawkeye. There are two current Hawkeyes, Barton and Bishop, and since Clint used to be Ronin and Goliath as well, that gets mixed up with Hank Pym who was also Goliath and Ant-Man, Giant-Man and Yellowjacket not to be confused with Bill Foster who was Black Goliath oh and Tom Foster was too. Let's not forget the other Ant-Men, Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady and the other Yellowjackets Rita DeMara and Darren Cross.

That corner of the Marvel Universe is getting a bit crowded.

Also I find there are quite a few Black male superheroes and female Asian superheroines, I'd rather see some more Black female superheroines and Asian male superheroes to balance things out. Finally let's start using some of those heroes we already have instead of constantly creating more and either ignoring or killing the ones we have. Let's see Power-Man, War Machine, Patriot, Black Goliath, Falcon, Black Panther, Blade, Bishop back and take center stage.

The problem I find in Black male parts isn't the amount of them but their lack of prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Not a fan of race-switching Hawkeye. There are two current Hawkeyes, Barton and Bishop, and since Clint used to be Ronin and Goliath as well, that gets mixed up with Hank Pym who was also Goliath and Ant-Man, Giant-Man and Yellowjacket not to be confused with Bill Foster who was Black Goliath oh and Tom Foster was too. Let's not forget the other Ant-Men, Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady and the other Yellowjackets Rita DeMara and Darren Cross.

That corner of the Marvel Universe is getting a bit crowded.

Also I find there are quite a few Black male superheroes and female Asian superheroines, I'd rather see some more Black female superheroines and Asian male superheroes to balance things out.
    have you done a headcount?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I think black Hawkeye could work, after all, the role has been given to a woman and a deaf guy already. What do you guys say? Should we introduce a black legacy character that rivals John Stewart in terms of good?
    https://www.deviantart.com/green-mam...keye-728706793

There's a lot of cool fanart for a race bent Hawkeye so maybe it could catch on and inspire a new character. We got Miles because Bendis saw a comedy sketch with Donald Glover daydreaming about being Spider-man on Community I believe.

I'm not so sure about making him another legacy character as they're starting to feel tacky to me. There is a concern about street level archers but thats easier to solve by making it an magical artifact or dealing with mysticism etc.

Ultimate Member

have you done a headcount?
    Lets try black females off the top of my head-

Riri
    Storm
    Shuri
    Doras
    Moon Girl
    Wildstreak (from Fant Four Annual in the 90s)
    Monica
    Misty
    Vulture's granddaughter
    The girl from Fant Foundation from Wakanda
    The one married to the bird guy in X-Men
    At least 2-3 more under the X-Men banner
    Monet (depending on the artist)
    One from Spider-Girl (sad thing is I have that issue signed by Ron Frenz)
    Danielle Cage (alternate version)
    Valkyrie (one of those versions)
    Silhouette
    I only know these because I own a book with them in it.

I think usage is the issue for them. Because there has to be more.

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    You could have a black archer character and call him Shaft ... um ... N-Nevermind!!
    You shut your mouth!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

technically, when falcon enters his bird-vision, he essentially becomes a black hawkeye
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate