Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Since no one has mentioned it yet, there is a black Hawkeye in the Squadron Supreme (MAX) universe. Their version of Black Archer is (heh) a black man.

Also, wasn't one Hawkeye more than enough? What's the point of having a bunch of archers running around the MCU. I can see Tony Stark creating an Iron Legion of trusted individuals, since that might really do some good, but another Hawkeye...?

Mighty Member

I'm a little bit biased because I don't like the concept of legacy characters in Marvel Continuity (except Miles Morales and Miss Marvel). And i'm not a fan of Kate Bishop because she is a rich privileged girl who did archery in her spare time, who stole the mantle from a pood guy of the working class. If you introduce a third Hawkeye, you really need la good reason.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I'm a little bit biased because I don't like the concept of legacy characters in Marvel Continuity (except Miles Morales and Miss Marvel). And i'm not a fan of Kate Bishop because she is a rich privileged girl who did archery in her spare time, who stole the mantle from a pood guy of the working class. If you introduce a third Hawkeye, you really need la good reason.
    Clint was kinda dead at the time. And it wasn't even her idea to take the name in the first place.

I’d rather see Pamela Pierce return and Eli Bradley take the mantle of The Black Archer (Squadron Supreme).

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Clint was kinda dead at the time. And it wasn't even her idea to take the name in the first place.
    it was still disrespectful. Clint earned his place on the Avengers w/o any powers. she just waltzes up and takes the name that he made famous. he hadn't been dead for that long. there was no family connection between the two of them. he didn't train her. she didn't look up to him prior to taking the role. i'd count entitlement as one of her "powers."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it was still disrespectful. Clint earned his place on the Avengers w/o any powers. she just waltzes up and takes the name that he made famous. he hadn't been dead for that long. there was no family connection between the two of them. he didn't train her. she didn't look up to him prior to taking the role. i'd count entitlement as one of her "powers."
    All of this probably wouldn't be as bad if she also didn't repeatedly belittle him, talk down to him, and disrespect just about everything in his personal and professional life.

Clint Barton went from the Gold Standard Avenger to Homer Simpson in one heavy handed series. SMH
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

nah... I prefer a black son to Wolverine... lol i know i know, he already have 2 sons and a doughter, it's kind of getting out of hand but Hawkeye is not major character enough to raise the profile of Black People in super hero comics, that's waste of time. They should play it big like a black wolverine or something, and best way to do it, i believe is giving wolverine a black son.
    Last edited by Gurz; 06-10-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think in practical terms legacy characters usually go to high profile characters who have their own long running solo books. Giving a legacy character to a hero who sits in limbo half the time just means there's one more character sitting in limbo. That's why you get She-Hulks and Supergirls and Kid Flashes, etc. There are characters who can actually provide a viable home for the legacy character to show up in every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    nah... I prefer a black son to Wolverine... lol i know i know, he already have 2 sons and a doughter, it's kind of getting out of hand but Hawkeye is not major character enough to raise the profile of Black People in super hero comics, that's waste of time. They should play it big like a black wolverine or something, and best way to do it, i believe is giving wolverine a black son.
    Considering Wolverine has enough kids, why not Sabertooth instead? Same powerset, built in conflict with his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post

I don't know about you, but this isn't "just waltz[-ing] up and tak[ing] the name that he made famous" to me.

This certainly makes me think she had pre-existing respect for Clint. "No pressure".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Considering Wolverine has enough kids, why not Sabertooth instead? Same powerset, built in conflict with his father.
    Sabretooth is not in majors league. A black Wolverine has more chance of becoming a major character like his father.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I don't know about you, but this isn't "just waltz[-ing] up and tak[ing] the name that he made famous" to me.

This certainly makes me think she had pre-existing respect for Clint. "No pressure".

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5PIzWEH.jpg
    i don't know what you think you're showing me. but i've read this issue. it made me angry. it was presumptuous of Captain America. and it was presumptuous of Kate to accept. it was presumptuous of Bendis having his little pet character be the one to deliver the message and recount Clint's history of standing up to Captain America (Jessica did not know Clint Barton). they were too lazy to come up with a new name for her (after the poorly thought out naming of the other Young Avengers). and it all rests on the equally bad idea of Clint being too stupid to release his arrow pack and becoming Ronin. i'm perfectly cool with no one agreeing with me. i don't want to change your mind. but let me have my feelings on the matter. just rereading this scene makes me hate Kate Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Sabretooth is not in majors league. A black Wolverine has more chance of becoming a major character like his father.
    I suppose the question is if it's better to be sole heir to a small fortune, or fifth or six in line for a large one.

Also I believe that becoming a truly major changes really a character is easier when you're not in someone like Wolverine's shadow.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I suppose the question is if it's better to be sole heir to a small fortune, or fifth or six in line for a large one.

Also I believe that becoming a truly major changes really a character is easier when you're not in someone like Wolverine's shadow.
    Being in Sabretooth's shadow isn't gonna help. lol He is not a popular character & nothing related to him takes off. Sabretooth has a son. Graydon. Killed off in the 90's and stayed dead until Pak brought him back in Weapon X-Force last Dec. Now we have to see what he's gonna do, IF ANYTHING. The one son they give Creed, and he's a lame mutant-hating human. How original.

But if anything, Sabretooth is in Wolverine's shadow. He's the "arch punching bag". He's a Wolverine accessory and isn't even related to him. Creed stopped being his own character back in 2002. Now he's largely defined by being a fourth-rate Wolverine. And the only kids he'll ever have will be with Mystique because that's the only love interest he's allowed. He was gonna be with Monet in Bunn's Uncanny.
    Cronet2.jpg
    But the run was cancelled & that ship sank with it.

So if we want a character to take off, Wolverine nor Sabretooth is the way to go. Because in the end, the character will devolve into being a throwaway unless Logan is involved. X-23 is an exception.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-10-2019 at 12:02 PM.