Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I think two is enough.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it was still disrespectful. Clint earned his place on the Avengers w/o any powers. she just waltzes up and takes the name that he made famous. he hadn't been dead for that long. there was no family connection between the two of them. he didn't train her. she didn't look up to him prior to taking the role. i'd count entitlement as one of her "powers."
    same thing happened when cap died and spirt of 76 took over bing cap and then patriot took that.

the 2nd and third ant men stole the costume and the name.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We probably don't need another character named Hawkeye walking around.

If they want to create another archer character who happens to be black, that's cool. But 3 characters walking around with the same name almost sounds uncreative.

Though I do think if they want another minority Legacy character for Clint, having an asian character named Ronin would be easy to justify.
    Have to get the costume back from Blade or did Luke get it back I forget.

You could go the swordsman route too I suppose with any ethnicity or race you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    same thing happened when cap died and spirt of 76 took over bing cap and then patriot took that.

the 2nd and third ant men stole the costume and the name.
    And it was disrespectful (Pym said as much to O'Grady). Difference being that Pym disgraced himself and had not been using the Ant-Man identity. I would agree that Kate is as much a name thief as Eric O'Grady.

I don't really care. Hawkeye is not a character I've ever been big on.

Bow and arrow superhero is just a weird concept when you look at all the other modern heroes
    The J-man

And it was disrespectful (Pym said as much to O'Grady). Difference being that Pym disgraced himself and had not been using the Ant-Man identity. I would agree that Kate is as much a name thief as Eric O'Grady.
    Kate technically didn't steal the name Hawkeye, so much as she was given it by Captain America while Clint was dead.

You can argue Cap doesn't have the right to give the name out ... but I think even Clint would find tha acceptable. In fact I would dare say that Clint is flattered that Steve thinks enough of him that he would bestow her name on someone that reminded Steve of him.

I'd rather see them do something with Tom Foster and Dwayne Taylor and not them becoming Hawkeye.

Kate technically didn't steal the name Hawkeye, so much as she was given it by Captain America while Clint was dead.

You can argue Cap doesn't have the right to give the name out ... but I think even Clint would find tha acceptable. In fact I would dare say that Clint is flattered that Steve thinks enough of him that he would bestow her name on someone that reminded Steve of him.
    That makes sense to you? And what exactly reminded Steve of Clint?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't really care. Hawkeye is not a character I've ever been big on.

Bow and arrow superhero is just a weird concept when you look at all the other modern heroes
    is a sword less anachronistic?

That makes sense to you? And what exactly reminded Steve of Clint?
    Apart from the obvious parallels of her being someone with no powers hanging in there with much heavier hitters, I think more than anything it was Kate talking back to Steve the way she did. I think it reminded him of Clint.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

is a sword less anachronistic?
    And don't forget the hammer.

Apart from the obvious parallels of her being someone with no powers hanging in there with much heavier hitters, I think more than anything it was Kate talking back to Steve the way she did. I think it reminded him of Clint.
    didn't Eli talk back to him, as well? face it. they made Captain America say it to justify giving her the Hawkeye name. he barely knew the girl. she has very little in common with Clint. she's a trustfund brat/mob princess.

didn't Eli talk back to him, as well? face it. they made Captain America say it to justify giving her the Hawkeye name. he barely knew the girl. she has very little in common with Clint. she's a trustfund brat/mob princess.
    Certainly the plan all along was to turn her into Hawkeye. But it was probably a lot easier to equate her to Hawkeye over Eli when she was already using Hawkeyes gear anyways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And don't forget the hammer.
    Hammers that shoot lightning, enable one to fly, and return to the owner when thrown* are always in style, though.

*Not an all-inclusive list.

Certainly the plan all along was to turn her into Hawkeye. But it was probably a lot easier to equate her to Hawkeye over Eli when she was already using Hawkeyes gear anyways.
    which makes the 'you remind me of clint barton' stuff even lamer. remember that, originally, she didn't know much about Clint Barton. it's insulting. and she lost that contest. just one of the sloppiest hero origins ever. if Captain America were written in-character, he would have made Kate prove that she was worthy of Clint's bow.