Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I mean Clint has no powers and his techniques can be passed on from person to person. Why not have like a squad of Hawkeyes? They could all be black too. There doesn't have to be a reason why.

Sure but give him a different name

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Are we talking about an archer who happens to be Black, or someone taking on/over the mantle of Hawkeye, name, similar costume and all? Seriously, Marvel should just do a "Fear of a Black Planet" 12 issue limited series where the Avengers find themselves stranded on an alternate Earth where the ethnicities are swapped. All of the White people are Black, or have afrocentric features, including Doctor Doom, Thor, the Red Skull, Galactus, the Kree, etc., and visa versa. That way Hawkeye could be Black and Luke Cage could be this cool White dude from Harlem that wears a satin yellow disco shirt and black spandex pants. Have fun with it! Oh, and in this alternate universe, Fred Hembeck IS Brother Voodoo.

I would like see Archer with a superpower(s) because I think it is dying archetype in comics and needs a modern spin. Some mix of enhanced vision and peak human strength specifically upper body/arms would do the trick. I think selling Hawkeye/Green Arrow to each new generation gets a little bit harder and harder. He wouldn't have to be Hawkeye make him Ronin I mean archery does fit name. Yeah he could be Black guy if you wanted.

why is Hawkeye a hard sell but Bullseye or random martial artist isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I mean Clint has no powers and his techniques can be passed on from person to person. Why not have like a squad of Hawkeyes? They could all be black too. There doesn't have to be a reason why.
    that's not true. his exceptional aim is his power. someone like Taskmaster could imitate him. but it'd take a regular person a lifetime just to come close to Clint. as for why you wouldn't want a squad, that weakens his brand. might as well be asking why there are not a squad of Luke Cages. you could give a bunch of people bullet proof skin. but to what end?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets try black females off the top of my head-

Riri
    Storm
    Shuri
    Doras
    Moon Girl
    Wildstreak (from Fant Four Annual in the 90s)
    Monica
    Misty
    Vulture's granddaughter
    The girl from Fant Foundation from Wakanda
    The one married to the bird guy in X-Men
    At least 2-3 more under the X-Men banner
    Monet (depending on the artist)
    One from Spider-Girl (sad thing is I have that issue signed by Ron Frenz)
    Danielle Cage (alternate version)
    Valkyrie (one of those versions)
    Silhouette
    I only know these because I own a book with them in it.

I think usage is the issue for them. Because there has to be more.
    i guess what i'm saying is that there have actually been a lot of black females added (we haven't counted the villains) within the past 10 years. i'm not against more. but not if the stipulation is that no more black males are created.

Janice Lincoln (Tombstone's Daughter)
    Jubula Pride (Owl's daughter)
    various members of that Roxxon team that was the primary antagonist of the Champions; early on
    that woman who heads up the secret organization after Wolverine
    Fantomelle

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Sure but give him a different name
    Funny story waaaaaay back in the day in Power Man and Iron Fist there was an Afro American archer that went by the alias Commanche (! Not lying look him up), somehow I don't think Marvel will revive that character. Ever. (c'mon it's an African American character appropriating the name of a Native American, do I even have to elaborate any further)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Are we talking about an archer who happens to be Black, or someone taking on/over the mantle of Hawkeye, name, similar costume and all? Seriously, Marvel should just do a "Fear of a Black Planet" 12 issue limited series where the Avengers find themselves stranded on an alternate Earth where the ethnicities are swapped. All of the White people are Black, or have afrocentric features, including Doctor Doom, Thor, the Red Skull, Galactus, the Kree, etc., and visa versa. That way Hawkeye could be Black and Luke Cage could be this cool White dude from Harlem that wears a satin yellow disco shirt and black spandex pants. Have fun with it! Oh, and in this alternate universe, Fred Hembeck IS Brother Voodoo.
    We did get an alternate universe black Avengers team back in the day in New Warriors (or mostly black.... Nova was the token white guy).

earthfvy6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    Funny story waaaaaay back in the day in Power Man and Iron Fist there was an Afro American archer that went by the alias Commanche (! Not lying look him up), somehow I don't think Marvel will revive that character. Ever. (c'mon it's an African American character appropriating the name of a Native American, do I even have to elaborate any further)
    There were black Comanche Indians. Several tribes owned slaves who were given full membership after being freed.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-31-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    There were black Comanche Indians. Several tribes owned slaves who were given full membership after being freed.

Thank you for that tidbit of information there kudos
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Ultimate Member

You could probably blame Robin Hood.

Then again Green Arrow is running around.

They are hard to sell too actually. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    They are hard to sell too actually. xD
    Bullseye has had no lack of exposure. And Shang Chi is about to be a movie star.

Invincible Member

And Green Arrow has a hit TV show.