Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m just glad that his latest series of “The Lost Years” storyline turned him into an assassin by day and monster hunting warrior monk by night.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Pre-crisis Jason was blonde. Post-crisis Jason had black hair. Then Morrison came along and turned it ginger. Then DC turned it back again to black. And I can't remember when the white streak appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Pre-crisis Jason was blonde. Post-crisis Jason had black hair. Then Morrison came along and turned it ginger. Then DC turned it back again to black. And I can't remember when the white streak appeared.
    Wasn't it during that whole Hush/Clayface thing?

But Blonde Jason was just a Dick copy in all but name. Circus acrobats, family killed after attempted shakedown, Jason becomes Robin to get justice for family...

Yeah. Give me street kid with the moxy to steal Batman's wheels Jason over Dick clone any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It was in Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wasn't it during that whole Hush/Clayface thing?

But Blonde Jason was just a Dick copy in all but name. Circus acrobats, family killed after attempted shakedown, Jason becomes Robin to get justice for family...

Yeah. Give me street kid with the moxy to steal Batman's wheels Jason over Dick clone any day.
    Give me street kid Jason over Dick any day.
    But pre-crisis Jason didn't become Robin to get justice for his family if I remember correctly. He was adopted by Bruce and trained with him. Becoming the new partner of Batman/of his new dad felt natural to him. It was more of the classic superhero trope "It was the right thing to do." combined with "teenager who hasn't anything else to do."
    And his parents were killed when they pursued Killer Croc's underling. They ran directly into Killer Croc.
    Pre-crisis Jason still had some cute moments and interesting story arcs. But as mentioned, I prefer the street kid past.
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-10-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Even in Jasons Original Run the portrait of his Parents was inconsistent. In the flashbacks in Death of the Family portrait them much more positive then Jasons Origin story. With Catherine suddenly dying because of an illness and not of an overdose.

Btw. I also like the DCAU Version (Batman Adventures the Lost Years) where the father dies because he doesn't want to hand over a bomb to Two Face.

I have read the new issue. That's some tense mood but I love all the character interactions.

Maybe the cover for RHO #36 wasn’t just for show after all.

Hope we get to see more of Essence, I really do like the character.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 06-12-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Well, a nice read overall, even if the very few first pages felt a bit off, as if they had to remake them in a hurry.

spoilers:

I didn't expect Essence to try and kill Jason, and sure as hell I didn't expect Jason to provoke her into making such a mistake. I wonder if Ducra, who apparently is now omniscient, knew how the fighting would end. And I wonder what are the implications for Jason, knowing what all these new magical elements (seeing past, present and future?) mean.

And I think we can confirm that Jason is in a very bad place and everyone has noticed the dangerous turn he's doing. Even the sisters. No wonder Wingman is regretting bringing him back to Gotham. But on the other hand, I doubt he would've done better outside Gotham.

An issue more and we reach the end of this arc, right? Or is it two more?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-13-2019 at 08:48 AM.

I gotta say, guys, after reading it, it does seem like Jason is being pushed into the role of Leviathan. I'm kind of worried, it looks like influence from the DC higher-ups rather than the story Lobdell wanted to write. But that's just my impression.

Admittedly the top panel on page 18 did make me wonder if the 2 silhouette were supposed to tease something yet to come or represent something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Admittedly the top panel on page 18 did make me wonder if the 2 silhouette were supposed to tease something yet to come or represent something.
    If they go that way, I promise, I will be very disappointed. I would feel motivated for dropping the book, in fact.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-12-2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: what's grammar

Me too. I love Jason, but I can't read him as a full villain again. It will break my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I thought the same. Especially since it was also mentioned before that the All-Caste sees the past, present and future all at once.
    But the silhouette does not look like Leviathan's fancy mask. So there's still a little hope left.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Really? I think that Jason being immune to the Blood Blade is Lobdell subtly saying Jason is not Leviathan