Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Second Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Scott is my favourite Ant-Man, and thats special, because I love all Ant-Men!

Here is Scott, drawn by my all-time favourite!

Scotty.jpg

Not to be nitpicky, but isn't Scott Lang the 2nd person to take the Ant Man name?

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I like Scott alright, but the only time I've really loved him was when he was the FF's hired tech guy. He was consistently the odd man out, either caught between the FF members as they sorted themselves after Reed's "death," or being treated as a lucky also-ran by Kristoff, then Kristoff and his daughter kinda eyed each other...

Good times.

Extraordinary Member

Yes. You're right.....how'd I forget?

BANNED

Just showing my respect for Lang! I really like his origin story and really feel that he owns the Ant-Man Title. I like Hank as well but I prefer him has Giant-Man more than any other title.

BANNED

Also....Scott figured out the secret behind Pym particles ! Pretty cool!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I like Scott alright, but the only time I've really loved him was when he was the FF's hired tech guy. He was consistently the odd man out, either caught between the FF members as they sorted themselves after Reed's "death," or being treated as a lucky also-ran by Kristoff, then Kristoff and his daughter kinda eyed each other...

Good times.
    strange. none of that sounds good for Scott.

BANNED

my favorite portrayal of the character was during Ostrander's 90s Heroes for Hire series. that was Scott acting on his own terms. he was respected (by Jim Hammond) for his skill. he fit perfectly within the group; instead of being odd man out. he was confident (instead of constantly comparing himself to Reed Richards). he demonstrated a sense of humor. plus Cassie was actually part of the story, for once. i feel it was Scott at his Ant-Manly-est.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...s-for-hire.jpg

my other favorite portrayal would, of course, be by his creator; David Michelinie. somewhere along the way, other writers forgot that he wasn't meant to be a pym clone.
    http://s30.postimg.org/ydiujr2xt/tum...o1_500_png.jpg
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 05-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Not to be nitpicky, but isn't Scott Lang the 2nd person to take the Ant Man name?
    yes. but, to be fair, that's only because most people don't consider Second-Story Sammy to be a legtimate Ant-Man.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/secsam.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    my favorite portrayal of the character was during Ostrander's 90s Heroes for Hire series. that was Scott acting on his own terms. he was respected (by Jim Hammond) for his skill. he fit perfectly within the group; instead of being odd man out. he was confident (instead of constantly comparing himself to Reed Richards). he demonstrated a sense of humor. plus Cassie was actually part of the story, for once. i feel it was Scott at his Ant-Manly-est.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...s-for-hire.jpg

my other favorite portrayal would, of course, be by his creator; David Michelinie. somewhere along the way, other writers forgot that he wasn't meant to be a pym clone.
    http://s30.postimg.org/ydiujr2xt/tum...o1_500_png.jpg
    I couldn't agree more. I first saw Scott in old Iron Man comics that were passed down to me and I instantly thought he was the coolest thing ever. It was that first impression, Scott's demeanour, the creative ways he'd use his powers, like using the cannisters in his belt to shrink guys down to his level so he could leave them under Ant-Custody. My love of all size changers, especially shrinkers started with Michelinie's Scott.

Ostrander's Heroes for Hire was great for every character in it. if I could I'd hand it out to every writer taking on a team book to study.

Though I'm a big Hank Pym fan Scott is by far my favourite Ant-Man. I'm hoping that his role in Original sin will lead to a solo for him. Though I'm only reading trades at the moment I'd make a point of buying it digitally to support it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    Ostrander's Heroes for Hire was great for every character in it. if I could I'd hand it out to every writer taking on a team book to study.
    I loved that book. I think it's when I recommitted myself to being a full-time comic book reader (the 90s were rough).

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    Though I'm a big Hank Pym fan Scott is by far my favourite Ant-Man. I'm hoping that his role in Original sin will lead to a solo for him. Though I'm only reading trades at the moment I'd make a point of buying it digitally to support it.
    I imagine that Scott will, at least, be on the receiving end of Emma Frost's caustic wit. should be fun.

Extraordinary Member

I would also love a series, shame they stopped FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    I imagine that Scott will, at least, be on the receiving end of Emma Frost's caustic wit. should be fun.
    Sounds good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I would also love a series, shame they stopped FF.
    i'm torn on that one. i would have continued reading it forever. but Fantastic Four fans seemed to be deadset against it. and i don't think it was a good idea to saddle Fraction with both; he was being overtaxed. good news is that the FF kids are still around; as is the teaching staff. would have been good to see Pym and Lang swap teaching stories (Avengers Academy vs Future Foundation).