Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And so the true hero of the comic shows up: spoilers:
    She-Hulk! Yay! Also, I guess these means Scott should have asked She-Hulk for help earlier since she wasn't in a coma after all.
    end of spoilers

Other than that, it was okay. At least Scott is facing up to all of his screw ups for once... though I'm still frustrated Darla didn't get into trouble and that everything is so easily forgiven between the two (that conflict went pretty much nowhere).
    Her show's success is also coming out of his expense, so she probably made it out the best out of anyone involved in the heist.

I was just about to do a review thread. this issue made me exceedingly happy. maybe it's because things went relatively well for Scott; in that he hasn't lost his sense of optimism (the reason why I like him, in the first place). but that last page reveal is what really put a smile on my face. they haven't forgotten his past ties. oh and Cassie was used well; if briefly.

And so the true hero of the comic shows up: spoilers:
    She-Hulk! Yay! She'll fix everything!

Also, I guess these means Scott should have asked She-Hulk for help earlier since she wasn't in a coma after all. Though the question is, can Spencer actually write a good and competent She-Hulk?
    end of spoilers

Other than that, it was okay. At least Scott is facing up to all of his screw ups for once... though I'm still frustrated Darla didn't get into trouble and that everything is so easily forgiven between the two (that conflict went pretty much nowhere).

Also, wasn't this suppose to be a Civil War II tie-in? I remember this being the case.
    wow. could there be more contempt in your post? Cassie's the one who screwed up. in case you missed it, Scott took the fall for her, Darla, and his crew. and it's not like Scott has ever denied making mistakes. he's just an upbeat guy, in general.

P.S. this issue confirms that the Pym particles exist inside of Scott; for that one poster who always insisted that Scott needed to breathe the gas to change size.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wow. could there be more contempt in your post? Cassie's the one who screwed up. in case you missed it, Scott took the fall for her, Darla, and his crew. and it's not like Scott has ever denied making mistakes. he's just an upbeat guy, in general.
    I agree Cassie screwed up, and a part of me wishes she had suffered more consequences for it, but obviously Scott wouldn't let that happen. She's lucky she didn't end up in handcuffs.

But it does also feel kind of unfair that Darla's show is a success and she's reaping the rewards while Scott is stuck in prison because he took the fall for everything, not to mention her filming for her show unwittingly contributed to his current predicament and her current success.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree Cassie screwed up, and a part of me wishes she had suffered more consequences for it, but obviously Scott wouldn't let that happen. She's lucky she didn't end up in handcuffs.

But it does also feel kind of unfair that Darla's show is a success and she's reaping the rewards while Scott is stuck in prison because he took the fall for everything, not to mention her filming for her show unwittingly contributed to his current predicament and her current success.
    sure. but a lot of that falls on that sleezy agent of Darla's. I can't remember her name. but she seemed semi-villainous. I wonder how much of the heist footage was edited.

I also wonder what's going to happen with Power Broker and Cassie. she's every bit as impetuous as her father; going after him. she might just save the day, yet.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Um... I didn't miss it. I did see Scott take the fall for her obviously. How could I not see that? He even had it written out in ants that he was sacrificing himself for her!! (which people did not see other than him and Cassie for some reason. These police officers need to get their eyes checked).

Um... I didn't miss it. I did see Scott take the fall for her obviously. How could I not see that? He even had it written out in ants that he was sacrificing himself for her!! (which people did not see other than him and Cassie for some reason. These police officers need to get their eyes checked).
    it's not like her stepdad would have done anything if he had seen the ant-writing (and we don't know how long it was visible).

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

it's not like her stepdad would have done anything if he had seen the ant-writing (and we don't know how long it was visible).
    Then again, relooking at the panel, I'm not sure he would have seen those ants now given the fact that he is wearing sunglasses at night for some reason. *insert obvious joke here*

But anyways, one bit of praise I will give the comic that is not remotely a backhand compliment is Cassie taking down Power Broker. That was a good moment for her (her best moment in the entire series). Hopefully, she does get to contribute to taking down Darren Cross the RIGHT way in the end as well. After all, he did have her heart ripped out and she should help in defeating him (Catwoman got the final blow on Hush after he had her heart ripped out.) It's only fair.

Then again, relooking at the panel, I'm not sure he would have seen those ants now given the fact that he is wearing sunglasses at night for some reason. *insert obvious joke here*

But anyways, one bit of praise I will give the comic that is not remotely a backhand compliment is Cassie taking down Power Broker. That was a good moment for her (her best moment in the entire series). Hopefully, she does get to contribute to taking down Darren Cross the RIGHT way in the end as well. After all, he did have her heart ripped out and she should help in defeating him (Catwoman got the final blow on Hush after he had her heart ripped out.) It's only fair.
    Spencer's paying attention. he knows that Cassie has fans of her own. plus, it doesn't look like that part of the story is over; yet. Power Broker is the one who kicked this all off (the break-in of CTE).

Ending of this issue was great! I was hoping that when I turned to the final page it would be who it turned out to be! Looking forward to the next issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Ending of this issue was great! I was hoping that when I turned to the final page it would be who it turned out to be! Looking forward to the next issue!
    I honestly didn't know who to expect. at first, I thought it might be Carol Danvers.

Extraordinary Member

Once I get the figure, I'll post some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Once I get the figure, I'll post some pictures.
    keep it PG

Extraordinary Member

keep it PG
    I'll try

Ugh! I hate how the prices of comics in the UK have reached above £3. Also, whats happening with Ant Man in terms of the new reboot thats coming???