Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

True. But FF is by far the superior of the pair. Complete shame it's gone...

BANNED

what do you folks think of the Paul Rudd casting? i admit that i would never have guessed he'd be a part of the movie. but i'm optimistically stoked about his (and Wright's) take on the character. Rudd normally plays nice guys. and that definately works for Scott's general characterization. but, for the life of me, i can't imagine him as a prison inmate. that's going to be interesting. can't wait for them to cast Cassie. i hope it's someone who sticks with acting long enough to maybe appear as Stature; in the future (i guess they could always recast).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    True. But FF is by far the superior of the pair. Complete shame it's gone...

oh i agree. i just wish that they had coordinated it, a little better; maybe putting Fraction on FF and having someone else tell the Fantastic Four side of things.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Scott's role in Original Sin (and I already read my advanced copy of #1) will hopefully put to good use. And he and the other FF members (She-Hulk and Darla) will guest in Fantastic Four soon, next issue I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Scott's in Original Sin (and I already read my advanced copy of #1) so hopefully he'll be put to good use. And he and the other FF members (She-Hulk and Darla) will guest in Fantastic Four soon, next issue I think.
    yeah, they are fighting some new version of the Frightful Four. i wonder how long they'll stay associated with the Four. She-Hulk seems to be going in another direction in her solo series. Medusa's hairs are tied wrangling in new Inhumans. etc.

p.s. just how badly did Emma Frost rip into him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    what do you folks think of the Paul Rudd casting? i admit that i would never have guessed he'd be a part of the movie. but i'm optimistically stoked about his (and Wright's) take on the character. Rudd normally plays nice guys. and that definately works for Scott's general characterization. but, for the life of me, i can't imagine him as a prison inmate. that's going to be interesting. can't wait for them to cast Cassie. i hope it's someone who sticks with acting long enough to maybe appear as Stature; in the future (i guess they could always recast).
    Right now I'm at "wait and see" with Rudd. My first reaction was kinda off putting but hopefully it will work out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Right now I'm at "wait and see" with Rudd. My first reaction was kinda off putting but hopefully it will work out.

i'm in the "unclench and accept that this is a completely different marvel universe" mode. i like Rudd. i like Douglas. i like Evangeline Lilly. i like Cory Stoll. i like Wright's movies. so there's not a snowball's chance in hell that i will dislike this movie. but i look at this cast and i have no idea in what direction the story will go. he's, presumably, not even using a villain recognizable from the comics (not that it's a bad idea).

as for Rudd, he at least seems to be taking this seriously. he toned up.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...34_306x492.jpg
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 05-06-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

p.s. just how badly did Emma Frost rip into him?
    We are talking about the Emma Frost, right? Can't spoil it, but if you've read how caustic she was in A+X alongside Black Widow…

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We are talking about the Emma Frost, right? Can't spoil it, but if you've read how caustic she was in A+X alongside Black Widow…

that's pretty much what i was expecting. thanks!

I was kind of hoping that Lang and Pym would be cast around the same age, but I liked Rudd's casting. I just wish Hank Pym could have gotten a much younger actor.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I was kind of hoping that Lang and Pym would be cast around the same age, but I liked Rudd's casting. I just wish Hank Pym could have gotten a much younger actor.

we don't know that he hasn't. they still haven't said who Patrick Wilson is playing. people are just assuming that he's a villain. and just because Pym isn't currently young doesn't mean that we won't see him in his youth and as an active hero. it's pretty much required since flashbacks have always been a part of the story. it's not ideal. but it's not game over for Pym, either. he is supposed to still be important (influence-wise) to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

BANNED

i'm torn on that one. i would have continued reading it forever. but Fantastic Four fans seemed to be deadset against it.
    I never understood why.
    I'm as F4 fanboy as they come and I LOVED FF.

Lang and the Foundation were dynamite!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I never understood why.
    I'm as F4 fanboy as they come and I LOVED FF.

Lang and the Foundation were dynamite!
    i expected to dislike the kids. but they were a lot of fun. i hope that they eventually show the future versions of them. i want to know if Bentley and Possible Kid avoided super-villainy.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see Scott and Pym interact or hang out more in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would like to see Scott and Pym interact or hang out more in the comics.
    So would I.