Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

And what about Eric? I forgot about him xD

What about Mitch Carson? Poor overlooked Mitch. He's still Ant Man in our hearts.

Extraordinary Member

Never even heard of him ;D

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    And what about Eric? I forgot about him xD
    I don't want Scott and Eric to hang out; because the latter is deceased.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Never even heard of him ;D
    he was the serial killer/SHIELD agent who played archnemesis to Eric O'Grady in the Irredeemable Ant-Man series. Iron Man put him in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    he was the serial killer/SHIELD agent who played archnemesis to Eric O'Grady in the Irredeemable Ant-Man series. Iron Man put him in prison.
    With Eric dead who inherits the seeds of a rogues gallery he had?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    With Eric dead who inherits the seeds of a rogues gallery he had?
    i'm kind of hoping that his evil LMD survived (and changed his name to something other than Black Ant). i'd love to see him hunt down Mitch Carson and end him; maybe in an effort to protect what's left of the real Eric's family (Veronica, their child, Abigail, and her son). "Eric O'Grady" would make a decent addition to Ant-Man's rogues gallery.
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 05-07-2014 at 02:06 PM.

BANNED

just a general board question, for the bored...if you could change anything about Scott Lang's origin story, what would it be? could it be better? i ask because it was intended to set up a solo series. but that never materialized. maybe it just wasn't connected well enough to the marvel universe-proper.

Extraordinary Member

Involve his wife a little more. I like that kind of stuff.

Oh man, look at the thread. Time passes by.
    Now everyone knows who is Mitch Carson... played Martin Donovan! and clearly a setup for Irredeemable Ant-Man.
    Patrick Wilson quits the movie in the end.
    And now Scott has a solo book and is the one and only Ant-Man! Also he and Pym interacted retroactively in Ant-Man Annual.
    And absolutely nothing comes out of Original Sin.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Didn't like the mention that Scott's a felon who can't vote in the recent issue. His felony was ages ago, and when his parole ended, his right to vote returned. Stop trying to paint Scott as some shady crook trying to do good. He hasn't been for decades.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Well in those very comics he's returned to being a crook as in the very first issue he tried to break in and steal a code from Tony Stark's apartment. He also goes on to steal stuff from the museum only to return it later. The whole idea of him being a "crook" is that it's something that is part of his nature, to take the easiest route to a solution even if it means breaking the law, that he has to actively fight himself internally about. The law relating to voting and parole I'm not so sure about but even that could be taken with writer licence since its just a comic so exact law details could be wrong and its not the end of the world. It's not like Soule is writing it!

Did he commit any crime during Fraction FF days?

I'm also not a big fan of him returning to crimes repetitively, especially for selfish reason without necessity like the Stark one. At least when he stole from Justin Hammer for Tony in Armor Wars, he's doing it to save the world so to speak.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Did he commit any crime during Fraction FF days?
    He broke into a art gallery and defaced pictures of Doctor Doom if I remember correctly.

Spencer's Scott Lang is part of the whole Superior Foes slacker loser narrative that he likes so much.

Scott Lang has gone from one extreme to another. Faction had Scott have the combined powers of 5 Avengers and give Doctor Doom the beating of his life. Spencer has Scott primarily sticking to shrinking and getting his ass kicked by almost every villain who appears in his book.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mreddie; 02-08-2016 at 11:51 PM.