Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. There's no real role for Scott within either GIRL in Unstoppable Wasp (they already have three adult supervisors in Jarvis, Janet and Mockingbird), or the Champions (they don't want an adult tagging along). And it's well established that Scott sees Cassie as his primary partner, now that she's Stinger. Waid ignored that for some reason, failing to acknowledge that Cassie even had superpowers. At least they justified why this mission required Nadia instead (he wanted to surprise Cassie and she lacks Nadia's science knowledge anyway) but they'd need to come up with a reason every single time. Nadia and Cassie have the same powers, so any team ups would probably need to involve science, as they can't just cite the Wasp skill set as a reason. Best option might just be to work as a trio (which would still be movie synergy if Stinger debuts in Avengers 4). I really wish the girls had met.
    I mean, Whitley's written some stuff (not necessarily in-continuity) that have had Scott and Nadia together, even with Cassie, so I don't think he's completely against it or acknowledging it at some point (especially if Marvel wants to keep promoting them as the comic Ant-Man and Wasp).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    99.9% of all movie goers will never pick up of a comic book let alone buy one. I have to explain the history and continuity to people I know for both comic books and the movies. They have no clue. Not even a tiny one. I'm less likely to buy a comic book if it's related to the MCU because of this. The movie goers have invested no time other than two hours and what it costs to watch the movie. I've invested decades into comic books. I'd rather read about Scott and Cassie or not read it at all.
    Never stopped Marvel before .

If Whitley did use the Langs (and no, that computer ad story isn't canon, as Nadia's yellow pass-me-down costume - normally Janet's - makes clear) then how would he do it? Cassie is a normal girl, not a science genius, so I don't think joining GIRL is possible for her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Whitley did use the Langs (and no, that computer ad story isn't canon, as Nadia's yellow pass-me-down costume - normally Janet's - makes clear) then how would he do it? Cassie is a normal girl, not a science genius, so I don't think joining GIRL is possible for her.
    She was wearing the Wasp promotional art costume, as I recall, which I'm pretty sure is meant for Hope.

If Scott and Nadia are closer now I don't think it would be that difficult to get Cassie involved.

Incredible Member

I found the ending really stupid, why the heck would a man in his late 30's start hanging out with a teenage girl when he already has one of his own!? It's just so messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much mileage Marvel thinks they'll get out of a Scott and Nadia team, but I guess they're stuck together for the foreseeable future thanks to the movies.
    Are they? This series seemed to be about them burying the hatchet; not becoming a permanent team. Solicits show Scott teaming with Loki, Emma Frost, Kang, Kamala, and Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I found the ending really stupid, why the heck would a man in his late 30's start hanging out with a teenage girl when he already has one of his own!? It's just so messed up.
    He met her at a baseball game because she had never been to one. What does his age have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Are they? This series seemed to be about them burying the hatchet; not becoming a permanent team. Solicits show Scott teaming with Loki, Emma Frost, Kang, Kamala, and Hulk.
    In some stray panels in other comics they're often shown together.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't be so sure. There's no real role for Scott within either GIRL in Unstoppable Wasp (they already have three adult supervisors in Jarvis, Janet and Mockingbird)
    Actually, I wouldn't rule out Scott and/or Cassie making an appearance in UNSTOPPABLE WASP. In the interview Whitley at Marvel.com when the series' return was announced he mentioned both of them as part of Nadia's 'family tree'.

"Between Janet, Hank, Scott, Cassie, and Jarvis, Nadia has a ton of Avengers history around her. Also, Mockingbird's sticking around as a mentor in the lab, so count on some killer chemistry and things getting hit with sticks!"

I wouldn't count on Scott or Cassie being semi-regular supporting characters in the book or anything--as you say, there are already plenty of supporting players around. But it does sound like Whitley does consider both Scott and Cassie to be linked to Nadia and fair game for inclusion in UNSTOPPABLE WASP.

I'd really love to see a miniseries or something teaming up the "Pym Patrol" of heroes carrying on Hank's legacy. Between Jan, Scott, Nadia, Raz and Cassie we've already got enough for a team right there--even without bringing in Tom Foster or Eric Josten (is Atlas still using any Pym particles these days, or is he entirely ionic again?).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    What about Darla?
    they've forgotten about her, as well.
    Both Scott and Darla are summoned by Reed at the end of FF #2 together with all the other members (and even a few who aren't strictly speaking official members).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

He met her at a baseball game because she had never been to one. What does his age have to do with it?
    You would've at least expected him to take Cassie as well. Besides Cassie still hasn't met Nadia, which needs to change ASAP.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You would've at least expected him to take Cassie as well. Besides Cassie still hasn't met Nadia, which needs to change ASAP.
    Since when is Cassie a baseball fan?

Wouldn't she want to spend time with her Dad? Nadia obviously wasn't a fan either, she'd never even heard of the team Scott supports!

Wouldn't she want to spend time with her Dad?
    Watching movies? Sure.

Looks like Scott may play a bigger role in the Avengers this time around:

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

neat. strangely, i'm not excited for this movie. I thought that Infinity War part 1 was the perfect end to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. they went out on top. that said, I would watch anything with scott lang in it (movie/tv show/soap opera/gameshow/etc).

EDIT:
    scratch that. it took a moment. but now i'm excited.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-07-2018 at 08:12 AM.