Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The thing that I didn't appreciate in CA: Civil War was Scott's willingness to join the team when he knew that he was putting himself on the wrong side of the law. That means going back to jail and being separated from Cassie again. That bothered me.... BUT... I understood that if they took the time needed to fully flesh out his motivation for helping Captain America it would make a very long movie even longer. It's just one of those things in movies that you just have to accept and not let it ruin your fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    The thing that I didn't appreciate in CA: Civil War was Scott's willingness to join the team when he knew that he was putting himself on the wrong side of the law. That means going back to jail and being separated from Cassie again. That bothered me.... BUT... I understood that if they took the time needed to fully flesh out his motivation for helping Captain America it would make a very long movie even longer. It's just one of those things in movies that you just have to accept and not let it ruin your fun.
    I think Scott is, at heart, just a really good person who makes incredibly poor decisions. He is breaking the law but he is doing it because he thinks it is right, he probably doesn't even care why he is fighting but I think he is just someone who is willing to fight for a "good". I liked how random it was, just like, "Hey, lets catch a movie" "Cool!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Ah! i didn't know this existed. I'll just subscribe to it so that i can post some Lang related stuff whenever i come across them.

Scott was an absolute joy in Civil War.
    You are welcome! And he was, delighted me in every scene. I admit, when I first saw Peter I thought it was Scott judging by the bag.

Amazing Member

I think Scott was my favourite part of Civil War, (though I didn't hear all of his lines due to my theatre being...enthusiastic).

As for his motivations, the disney website has a quote thingy:
    Ant Man (Paul Rudd): Scott Lang is like a kid at Disneyland—meeting his favorite super-heroes is the coolest thing ever. He’s almost giddy at the idea of joining their team. But remember: He’s an outlaw at heart, so accepting government control is not his first instinct. He joins Captain America (his hero!) because he thinks it’s cool—he has no idea, though, how far this decision will ultimately push him, or his super abilities.
    Personally, spoilers:
    I kinda see it? He was originally asked just to help with the Winter Soldiers, which does seem to be something he'd risk the law to stop, and I guess everything just escalated from there. I don't really understand why he'd be willing to do the Giant Man thing though, seeing as apparently it was experimental and risky.

On a side note, what happened to him at the end, is he in Wakanda, did he go back to the Pyms, what happened to his suit?
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

spoilers:
    Winter Soldier is the only one that was taken to Wakanda but Lang, Wilson, Wanda and Clint were in the prison after the airport debacle.
    end of spoilers
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Scott is right up there with Steve, Wanda, T'challa, and Spider Man as my favorite MCU characters.
    Scott was great. I love how inventive they're getting with his powers.

he was one of the side characters that really got to shine in the movie; along with Black Panther and Spider-man. loved the Star Wars reference.

He's nowhere near the complex character Hank Pym is.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I'm sure Peggy thanks the comic gods that Lang isn't as complex as Pym -- and i love Pym.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    are they still in competition? I'm a bit out of the loop.

Extraordinary Member

Scott can be complex, he struggles with his daughter a lot and in the current series still makes some dumb decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Scott can be complex, he struggles with his daughter a lot and in the current series still makes some dumb decisions.
    sure. complexity is subjective. a lot of people confuse it with just being moody or tragic in some way. I actually appreciate the simplicity of the second Ant-Man. he's a regular human; not some untouchable icon or super genius. he/his adventures are just fun to me, for some reason. Pym's a brooding tragic icon with an inferiority complex. that means that he's not going to hire Grizzly or accidentally drive his daughter to super-villainy. I prefer a guy who can lose every once in awhile without it being interpreted as an attack on the character. plus I like his relationship with Cassie. I expect good things from them in the future; after she quits Hench and Scott gets out of prison.

I'm loving Scott more and more. He was my favorite in Civil War.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sure. complexity is subjective. a lot of people confuse it with just being moody or tragic in some way. I actually appreciate the simplicity of the second Ant-Man. he's a regular human; not some untouchable icon or super genius. he/his adventures are just fun to me, for some reason. Pym's a brooding tragic icon with an inferiority complex. that means that he's not going to hire Grizzly or accidentally drive his daughter to super-villainy. I prefer a guy who can lose every once in awhile without it being interpreted as an attack on the character. plus I like his relationship with Cassie. I expect good things from them in the future; after she quits Hench and Scott gets out of prison.
    Lang is probably the type of father many of can identify with, tries his best but makes some poor decisions, but the best intentions are there. I expect their relationship to be fixed but there will always be some troubles.

+ NewMutant, great to hear! Very pleased with how Marvel are treating him. This may rub some of you the wrong way, but I prefer him to Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Lang is probably the type of father many of can identify with, tries his best but makes some poor decisions, but the best intentions are there. I expect their relationship to be fixed but there will always be some troubles.

+ NewMutant, great to hear! Very pleased with how Marvel are treating him. This may rub some of you the wrong way, but I prefer him to Hank.
    He's my favorite now that Eric is dead.