Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Hey, it's not what it looks like! I'm not into that crushing stuff. I don't get it at all. But then it's not my fetish so I'm not supposed to get it. ^^;
    I was just kidding. It's just that the covers share some similarities.

I'm hoping Ant-Man will get to continue his book in some form when the Marvel Now hits in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    I'm hoping Ant-Man will get to continue his book in some form when the Marvel Now hits in September.
    if it doesn't continue, I hope that Spencer works Porcupine into one of last issues. I've been waiting, patiently, for him to show up. it's also be nice to see Scott wear something other than his costume; at least once.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Porcupine was in the Ant-Man annual.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Porcupine was in the Ant-Man annual.
    that was a flashback. I'm talking about current continuity. he was showcased as part of Scott's criminal gang. I just kind of want to see that. they both have daughters.

I thought the latest issue was great. "How to do an Award-Winning heist, in twenty two easy steps. [By Machinesmith]" was awesome!

I thought the latest issue was great. "How to do an Award-Winning heist, in twenty two easy steps. [By Machinesmith]" was awesome!
    Machinesmith is always fun. what disappointed me is that I have to wait another month to see what happens. oh and no Porcupine.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I think I could enjoy this book more if this wasn't just Superior Foes Redux edition/Marvel Indie Lite, which I didn't like in the first place, and more of Ant-Man book. Also, better characterization for Scott and Cassie would REALLY help, since they've been jerked around way too much by bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I think I could enjoy this book more if this wasn't just Superior Foes Redux edition/Marvel Indie Lite, which I didn't like in the first place, and more of Ant-Man book. Also, better characterization for Scott and Cassie would REALLY help, since they've been jerked around way too much by bad writing.
    what characterization do you want to see?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what characterization do you want to see?
    Well... honestly, I kind of want Scott to stop being written as a loser that absolutely nothing can go right for him. I can't sympathize with him in the slightest since he keeps screwing up, making things worse, acts like its all about him at times (especially with his daughter. It's not about how she feels, it's all about how I feel), and never seems to catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well... honestly, I kind of want Scott to stop being written as a loser that absolutely nothing can go right for him. I can't sympathize with him in the slightest since he keeps screwing up, making things worse, acts like its all about him at times (especially with his daughter. It's not about how she feels, it's all about how I feel), and never seems to catch a break.
    sounds like a 3-dimensional human being to me. coincidentally, it also sounds like his daughter. she's, literally, only thinking of herself and her need for revenge. Scott is risking everything to stop something bad from happening to her.

if it doesn't continue, I hope that Spencer works Porcupine into one of last issues. I've been waiting, patiently, for him to show up. it's also be nice to see Scott wear something other than his costume; at least once.
    I only counted 10 of the Ant-Man 11 (Ant-Man, Ms Thing, Beetle, Machinesmith, Grizzly, Giant-Man, Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker) in todays issue so the Porcupine has a chance. And this book has been a very fun read so I hope it continues. Spencer must have intended on including the Porcupine to round out the old Tales to Astonish gang and got the Spider-Woman shaft. If Scott keeps this gang around sales will improve. This is better than the Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Porcupine needs to be on this team. He can still be a friggin babysitter for Jessica and be a part of Scott's 11. Rename it The Astonishing Ant-Man and the 11. Spencer has a lot to work with here. Scott and Cassie's relationship. The love traingle between Scott, Darla and Janice. And a bunch of B hero/villain goofballs to keep it fun. A good supporting cast with major potential for character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I only counted 10 of the Ant-Man 11 (Ant-Man, Ms Thing, Beetle, Machinesmith, Grizzly, Giant-Man, Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker) in todays issue so the Porcupine has a chance. And this book has been a very fun read so I hope it continues. Spencer must have intended on including the Porcupine to round out the old Tales to Astonish gang and got the Spider-Woman shaft. If Scott keeps this gang around sales will improve. This is better than the Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Porcupine needs to be on this team. He can still be a friggin babysitter for Jessica and be a part of Scott's 11. Rename it The Astonishing Ant-Man and the 11. Spencer has a lot to work with here. Scott and Cassie's relationship. The love traingle between Scott, Darla and Janice. And a bunch of B hero/villain goofballs to keep it fun. A good supporting cast with major potential for character development.
    I was hopeful before. now I'm not going to get my hopes up. but, like you said, there's still a chance. I do like the idea of Ant-Man working alongside a criminal gang (or reformed criminal gang).

I was hopeful before. now I'm not going to get my hopes up. but, like you said, there's still a chance. I do like the idea of Ant-Man working alongside a criminal gang (or reformed criminal gang).
    If sales are slumping why not have a criminal gang as a mainstay? And I even changed my avatar for further support of the Porcupine who needs to be on this team. Spencer could do a lot with these guys. What Ant-Man has in his favor is the movie Ant-Man II so Marvel will not be so quick to give up on this title. I think Spencer has done a great job so far. And the art work of Rosanas has been top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    If sales are slumping why not have a criminal gang as a mainstay? And I even changed my avatar for further support of the Porcupine who needs to be on this team. Spencer could do a lot with these guys. What Ant-Man has in his favor is the movie Ant-Man II so Marvel will not be so quick to give up on this title. I think Spencer has done a great job so far. And the art work of Rosanas has been top notch.
    problem is that everything we're seeing occurred in the past. I think this book will be derailed by Civil War II. he probably has to join Carol's side of things to get out of jail. I don't see her recruiting someone with a criminal gang, yet. but it would be my preference, sure.