Extraordinary Member

Default Ghidorah vs. Destoroyah

The kaiju that killed Godzilla's son at the end of the Heisei era takes on the various incarnations of Godzilla's arch-foe.

1. Shōwa era Ghidorah
    2. Heisei era King Ghidorah
    3. Mecha-King Ghidorah
    4. King Ghidorah (Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack)
    5. Kaizer Ghidorah (Godzilla: Final Wars)
    6. King Ghidorah (Monsterverse)

How many of these fights does Destoroyah win and how many does he lose?

BANNED

Considering Gidorah almost always held Godzilla dead to rights unless he had help, and Destoroyah drove Burning Godzilla to the wall and had him on the back foot the entire fight despite being hit multiple times by the Red Spiral Beam, I'm leaning towards Destoroyah in most fights except Kaiser Gidorah, who basically stomped on arguably the second most lethal version of Godzilla to date until he received the Keizer powerup as a bailout (G-Earth being the most lethal, having already killed all the Earth-bound kaiju...)

What makes Destoroyah exceedingly dangerous is its ability to self-replicate. For Rumble's sake, you could beat him through a 10-count; however, as long as there is micro-oxygen for him to feed on, which there will be because he naturally emits the stuff, he'll keep reforming and coming back for more.

1. Shōwa era Ghidorah
    Destoroyah stomps. Ghidorah's bolts will be ineffective, and Destoroyah has him outclassed in nearly every single category that matters.

2. Heisei era King Ghidorah
    Heisei KG is a powerful monster; he puts up a valiant fight. Destoroyah wins via Laser Horn decapitation.

3. Mecha-King Ghidorah
    OK, so MKG might secretly be one of the most powerful Toho characters and the reason why is because of its time-travel capabilities. With that said, Destoroyah completely and utterly trashes the three-headed cyborg.

4. King Ghidorah (Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack)
    Wow, what a one-sided slaughter. Poor, poor Ghidorah.

5. Kaizer Ghidorah (Godzilla: Final Wars)
    Now we're getting somewhere. Keizer Ghidorah's immensely powerful Gravity Beams might squeak out a win, and it's all due to the ten-count as mentioned earlier. But if Keizer Ghidorah reels Des in close and tries snacking on its energy, KG is in for a world of hurt. Eating Destoroyah's energy would be a huge mistake because the destructive power of the Oxygen Destroyer is what's fueling Destoroyah. 50/50.

6. King Ghidorah (Monsterverse)
    KG wins via ten-count for sure. Unlike Keizer Ghidorah, MV KG might be able to siphon Destoroyah's energy without being, well, destroyed because it tanked a modern-day version of the Oxygen Destroyer. Of course, there are disparities between Classic Oxygen Destroyer and MonsterVerse Oxygen Destroyer. With that said, KG humiliates Destoroyah in CQC. KG takes the majority here.

Of course, Destoroyah wins the majority of these match ups.

Basically, I totally agree with most of what Tomzilla says (surprise surprise).

I will add that I think Keizer Ghidorah has a /slightly/ higher win rate, like 6/10. I also dont agree that MonsterVerse Ghidorah would humiliate Destoroyah. I actually think he probably takes more initial damage via laser horn but heals through it for the eventual power drain victory.

So like... minor disagreements.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I was allweys more of a fan of Space Godzilla over Ghidorah or Destoroyah FYI.